Hulu, ESPN, and Disney+ are the three main streaming platforms in the United States. Recently, it was discovered that Hulu has 41.6 million paid subscribers worldwide. However, if Hulu no longer satisfies you for any XYZ reasons, then you can cancel your Hulu subscription anytime you want. How to cancel your Hulu account?
There is no cancellation fee for ending your subscription so canceling this service is not a problem at all. This article shows you how to cancel your Hulu subscription from different devices like Android, iOS, and desktop. Follow this step-by-step guide to discontinue using Hulu, and save money or just get rid of Hulu if you no longer want it.
Before we get started, you should know that you cannot cancel Hulu Subscription using the Hulu app on your phone or tablet. Cancellation can only be done in a browser. You have to load the app in a browser. Here we have mentioned:
- How to Cancel Your Hulu Subscription Using Mobile or PC
- How To Cancel Hulu Live TV Subscription.
- Best Hulu Alternatives
You can’t do this using your Hulu App. So, you need to either log in to your computer or on your mobile browser.
How To Cancel Your Hulu Subscription Using Mobile Phone or PC
Here’s a quick step-by-step guide on How to Cancel Your Hulu Subscription using your web browser.
- Open any web browser on your Mobile phone or computer. Go to the website ‘Hulu.com’.
- Once you have opened the Hulu site, you need to log in using your username and password.
- From your home screen, go to ‘Manage Account’. Scroll down to the bottom until you find the ‘Cancel Your Subscription’ option there.
- *Note: If you temporarily cancel your subscription, they have a ‘Pause Your Subscription’ option too. This option pauses the billing for up to 12 weeks.
- Next, click on Cancel Subscription. The pop-up window will appear with the ‘Hit Pause’ option. From here you can pause your subscription for as long as you wish to. In case you’ve already decided to cancel your subscription, click on the ‘Continue to Cancel’ option available on the same page at the bottom.
- Next, the app will ask for the reasons why you want to quit the subscription. Choose any of those reasons flashed on the screen. Now click Continue to Cancel at the bottom.
- Once again a retention page will appear on the screen. This page contains a video on ‘why to use Hulu’. For the third and final time, you need to hit the ‘Cancel Subscription button at the bottom of the screen. Congrats, it’s done!!
Also read, How to Cancel Your Amazon Prime Membership
How to Cancel Hulu Live TV Subscription
Hulu Live TV gives you a wide variety of sports, news, and TV shows along with a cloud DVR to ensure that you never miss anything.
However, if you want to cancel your Hulu Live TV Subscription and change to a different Hulu Plan, you can do so in just a few simple steps.
Step 1: Open a web browser. Navigate to Hulu.com and log in to your Hulu Account if prompted. You’ll land on your Hulu home screen.
Step 2: Take your cursor to the upper right corner and click on your profile name. A drop-down menu will appear. From there click on ‘Account’. This will open Manage your account on the screen.
Step 3: Scroll down the Manage Your Account screen until you see the ‘Your Subscription Box’. Click ‘manage plan’ in Your Subscription Box. All the plans will appear on the screen.
Step 4: From this window, you can switch to any other Hulu plan you wish to choose.
Step 5: Click review changes from the lower right corner of the plans screen. The subscription changes screen will appear.
Step 6: Review the changes to your Hulu account and then click submit at the bottom of the screen.
Hulu live TV will be removed from your account at the end of the billing period you have paid through. And it will automatically change to the new Hulu plan you’ve selected.
Best Hulu Alternatives:
If you’re leaving Hulu because it’s not your type, then check out these best Hulu alternatives that provide the best streaming experience.
- Netflix – Standard Subscription cost= $13.99/month
Premium Subscription cost=$17.99/month.
- HBO Now – Subscription price= $14.99/month (plus taxes)
- Amazon Prime Video – Amazon Prime Membership fees= $12.99/ month (plus taxes)
Prime Video Membership= $8.99/month(plus taxes).
- CBS All Access – Subscription cost=$5.99/ month.
Commercial free version subscription cost= $9.99/month.
- Sony Crackle – It’s free
- Sling TV – Both blue and orange streaming versions cost= $35/month each.
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Cancellation of Hulu Subscription:
How do you cancel your Hulu Subscription?
Follow thee steps to cancel your Hulu subscription:
Head to your Account page on a mobile browser or computer.
Select cancel subscription from a managed subscription box.
You’ll be presented with the option to pause your subscription. If you’re not interested, select cancel your subscription and click continue.
Is canceling Hulu easy?
Yes, it is quite easy to cancel your Hulu subscription. You can keep using your Hulu account until the current plan expires. Once the current plan expires, you’ll no longer be able to access the App.
Does Hulu have a cancellation fee?
No. You don’t have to pay any extra amount for canceling your Hulu subscription. It’s free.
Is it better to pause or cancel Hulu?
That’s totally up to you. If you wish to take a pause for some time (up to 12 weeks), then it’s okay to pause the subscription. But if you wish to disable the subscription for more than 12 weeks, then it’s better to cancel your subscription. You can easily renew your subscription whenever you wish to come back.
Hope you got a clear idea of how to cancel your Hulu subscription by reading these easy steps mentioned above. Pause or cancel your subscription permanently. Use Hulu alternatives for a different experience.
Featured Image Credits: Connectiva Systems