We all know that Snapchat is very transparent. You get many features on Snapchat that you will not find on any other apps. For instance, if someone takes a screenshot of your snap, you will be notified about the same. Even though you get many features on Snapchat, there are still a few features that you cannot find. Like if you want to know how to check if someone is active on Snapchat, then Snapchat doesn’t have a clear indicator about the same.
Well, Snapchat is a very popular social media platform where you can click pictures. You can also send snaps, and put-up stories that will vanish after 24 hours. You even get many interesting filters on Snapchat with which you can take beautiful pictures.
So, suppose you want to know how to check if someone is active on Snapchat, then you will not find it, because Snapchat do not provide its users this feature. But don’t worry, we have a few workarounds for you by which you can check whether someone is online or not. You can check their story, snap maps, snap score, and many more.
You must be wondering how will these let you know whether someone is online or not. To know about it, you need to read below.
Can You Check If Someone Is Active On Snapchat?
Before we get to know How To Check If Someone Is Active On Snapchat, first let us know whether you can actually check whether someone is active on Snapchat or not. Well, Snapchat does not have any online status indicator that will let you know if someone is online or not. So, there is actually no way by which you know others’ online status. Unlike WhatsApp, Facebook, and Instagram where you can see the last time someone was online, this feature is not available on Snapchat.
Even though Snapchat doesn’t have this feature you can still find some clues by which you know when someone was last online.
How To Check If Someone Is Active On Snapchat?
Well, if you want to know how to check if someone is active on Snapchat even without any online status indicator, then here are a few workarounds to checkout.
1. Snap Maps
Snap maps on Snapchat will tell you where your friends are when they are using the app. But on the basis of the privacy settings of your friends, you may not always be able to get to see the friend’s location on the map.
When your snap map is open, your location will get updated frequently till you put it in the Ghost mode or you disable the snap map. With the help of this feature, you can see whether someone is online and when they were online.
- The first thing that you have to do is find your friend on the snap map.
- Now from the map, you need to choose their Bitmoji.
- Under their name, you will get to see a gray status bar.
- You will find a different message. Seen Now, Last, Seen, Seen XXm ago.
- If you get to see their status as Seen Now, that means that they are currently online in a particular location.
2. Snap Score
If you want to know How To Check If Someone Is Active On Snapchat then check out their snap score. By snap score we mean the number of snaps a person has sent. This will include both the private as well as public snaps. When you see that their Snapchat score has increased it means that they have just sent a snap. Here’s how to check:
- On Snapchat, go to your friend’s tab.
- Now, click and then hold the name of the friend whose score you want to see.
- You will get a pop-up box on the screen if you hold it.
- You will get to see a number at the bottom of the popup box. This will be their Snapchat score. Either make a note of it or remember it.
- To see if their score has increased or not, you can come back and check in 10 to 15 minutes.
- If you see that their score has increased it means that they are online.
3. Send A Snap
You can also send a snap to your friend and see whether they are online or not. Then you will get to know the time they were last online.
- On your mobile, open the Snapchat app.
- Swipe right, and go to Snapchat’s friend’s screen.
- You will find all your current contacts in the friend’s section.
- Look for the friend who’s last seen you want to check.
- Swipe left to right, on your friend’s name and open the chatbox.
- Send them a message.
- Stay in the chat window for some time.
- If you see your friends Bitmoji at the left corner of the screen, it means that they are presently reading your message.
- The smiley icon will become a blue dot when your friend uses Bitmoji, meaning that they are online.
- If the blue dot or the Bitmoji do not show up, then your friend is either not online or has not checked your message.
4. Opened Snaps
If you send a snap to someone then Snapchat will let you how long ago, they read the message that you have sent. With the help of this method, you will know whether your friend is online or not.
- Open the Snapchat app.
- Swipe right and see the conversation screen.
- Look for your friend’s chat.
- You will either see an empty square or arrow under their name if they have seen your message or snap.
- If you see that their timestamp is within the last few seconds or minutes that means that they are online.
5. Check Out Their Posts
This is perhaps a self-explanatory method and you actually have been using this method. But if you are new to this platform, then you may not be aware of this. You can see if a user has made any new posts just by checking their feed. You will also be able to see when they posted their snap with the help of this feature. With the help of this method, you will know when they were last online.
6. Enable Story Notification For Your Friends
We know that Snapchat stories are the best way to know whether they are online or not, so you can even be notified when they post a story. In this way, you will know when a story is uploaded so that you can contact them on Snapchat and send them a snap.
- If you want to enable the story notification for your friends, then you need to open Snapchat and then click on your profile picture.
- Inside the profile, you need to click on the cogwheel icon which you will find in the upper right-hand side corner of the screen to get access to Snapchat settings.
- Choose notifications.
- Then on the next screen, turn on the stories from friends.
- Now every time your friend uploads a story, you will be notified.
Now, you do know how to check if someone is active on Snapchat. Since there is no direct way by which you can see the online status of your friends here are a few workarounds that you can try out.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can You Tell If Someone Checks Your Snapchat Score?
Well, now you will not know when someone has checked your Snapchat score. If you have added someone as your friend then they will be able to see your Snapchat score.
Q. Can You Tell If Someone Turned Off Their Location?
If you are wondering whether your friends turned off their location sharing or not. Then you will know this by a message under their name. the message will say Location paused.