Microsoft Edge by the tech giant “Microsoft” can be found on every desktop working on Windows. Some call Microsoft Edge an updated version of Internet Explorer. Well, if it is so then there are two things that have improved. One is its speed and the other is the option to clear the browsing history and cookies in Microsoft Edge.
The rivalry between Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge is an open secret. This rivalry got hype when Microsoft Edge tweeted “Did it hurt? When you realized Edge does more than just download Chrome?”. Well, If you are an Edge user then you must be clear with the fact that it offers almost a similar function as google chrome. In this article we will be telling you the procedure to delete the browsing history and the cookies from the Microsoft Edge application.
Your browsing history is the record of websites that you have visited on the platform. Coming cookies are the small fractions of data that store the information about the sites that you visited before just as to increase the browsing speed for the next time you visit the same website.
How To Clear Cookies in Microsoft Edge On Windows
To clear the cookies in Microsoft Edge, follow the procedure given below.
- Open the Microsoft Edge browser on your desktop.
- Navigate to the menu options present on the top right corner of the screen. It is the three dots present in the horizontal order.
- This will open a drop-down menu in front of you. From the drop-down menu, select “Settings”.
- Now, locate the button that says “Choose what to clear”.
- Now, you will be provided with the options. Select “Cookies” and then hit the clear button.
- The cookies have been cleared from your device.
How To Clear Your History in Microsoft Edge On Windows
- Open the Microsoft Edge on your laptop. If you have recently bought the laptop you will find it pinned to your taskbar.
- Now, click on the three dots present on the top right corner of the screen.
- Clicking on this button will open the list of menus in front of you on the screen.
- From the list select the option that says “History”.
- Now, click on the three horizontal dots present at the top of the options menu.
- This will give you two options, “open history page” or “clear browsing data”.
- If you want to delete the specific websites you can click on “Open History page” and then select the websites to be deleted.
- Or you can directly click on “Clear Browsing Data”.
- This will open another window on the platform.
- You can select the time range from this window and then click on “Clear Now”.
- This will delete your browsing data as well as the cookies stored in your browser’s history.
How To Clear Your History in Microsoft Edge On Android
Well, a lot of Microsoft Edge users can also be found using the android application of the web browser. If you are one among them then here are the steps that you need to follow to delete the Browsing History in Microsoft Edge on Android.
- Open the Microsoft Edge on your Android device.
- On the homepage of the application, navigate to the bottom bar of the screen.
- Now, click on the three horizontal dots.
- A pop-up menu will appear in front of you.
- Now, click on the Settings option.
- This will take you to another screen with several options.
- Navigate to “Privacy And Security” and click on it.
- On the top of the new screen, you will find the option “Clear Browsing Data” and tap on it.
- Next, you can select the time range and click on the “Clear Data”.
- Your Browsing history is cleared.
Microsoft Edge offers the “InPrivate” mode to its users. This mode is just like the incognito mode on google chrome. The “InPrivate” browsing does not let Microsoft Edge keep the track of the web history on the platform. To open the “InPrivate” browsing mode on Edge use press the keys “Ctrl + N” simultaneously.