Mozilla Firefox is one of the most used web browsers of all time. Well, if you are a frequent Firefox user then you must be aware that everything you do on the platform is stored in the Mozilla Firefox browsing history.
Your Browsing history contains the information of the last web pages that you have visited and your login activities. In short, it contains all your dark secrets. Well, do you know that there are two different ways through which you can delete your browsing history permanently? These are the manual way and the automatic way. Further in the article, we will discuss both of them in detail.
Well, other than the deleting technique for clearing the history in Mozilla Firefox history. You can also switch to incognito mode. Incognito mode is also called private browsing and the underlying principle of this browsing is that it won’t save your history on the platform because this will make application login free.
How To Clear History In Mozilla Firefox Manually
If you want to delete the selected history from your Mozilla Firefox. Then, you should go with the manual method. The method is simple and has two different ways to reach the history page. Well, we have mentioned both of them below.
- Open the Mozilla Firefox on your Mac or Windows.
- Now, navigate to the library option present on the top right corner of the screen. It looks like the stack of books (|||\).
- Now, from the drop-down menu that appears in front of you, click on history.
- Then click on “Clear Recent History”. This will take you to the page where you can select the time range to delete the history.
- Using these combinations of keys,
Windows Users: Use the combination of “Ctrl+Shift+Delete” keys.
Mac Users: Use the combination of the “Command+Shift+Delete” Keys, to reach the previous step
- Select the time range from here and click on “OK”.
- This will clear the history from your Mozilla browser
- You can cross-check it by clicking on the three lines present on the top right corner of the screen.
- Now, from the menu that appears on the screen, click on “History”.
- If it says no recent activities then your browsing history has been deleted.
How To Clear History In Mozilla Firefox Automatically
If you are using Mozilla Firefox and want to delete browsing history every time you exit the Firefox browser then this setting will be best for you. The automatic deletion method also provides you the option to keep certain history and delete the rest.
Let us see how it is done.
- Open the Mozilla Firefox on your Mac Or Windows. Navigate to the menu option present on the top right corner of the screen. It is the three horizontal lines.
- From the drop-down menu that appears in front of you on the screen. Select “Preferences”.
- Now, in the Preference menu. Go to the option “Privacy and Security” and click on it.
- Now, scroll down to find the history section. Under the history section, you will find the option “Firefox Will” and click on it.
- From the drop-down menu that appeared on the screen, select “Use Custom Settings for history”.
- This will provide you the option “Clear History when Firefox closes”.
- If you want some additional options. Click on the Settings button next to the “Clear History when Firefox closes”.
- Select your preference and click OK.
- Your preferences are saved.
Although these steps will help you in clearing your browsing history from Mozilla Firefox. However, your service provider can still view your history. If you still have any queries in your mind then do ask us in the comments section below.