Are you tired of getting spammed by Discord server members? Do you want to know to disable the DMs on Discord? Do you know How To Disable DMs on Discord? Well, if you don’t know how to disable it then you have come to the right place.
Discord is actually one of the greatest platforms that help to build the community and helps us to stay connected with our audience. You will be able to directly talk to your audience and you can know about their interests and what they want from you as a creator. This is also applicable to the audience as well.
Most of the time it so happens that there are some spammers or bot accounts that get into the server and start scamming and spamming the DMs of the server members. So, the best way is to disable DMs on Discord. This post on How To Disable DMs on Discord will help you. Here’s what you need to do: Open Discord > go in the server > server name > privacy settings > direct message from server members.
Don’t worry we have mentioned all the steps that will help you easily disable the DMs on Discord and get rid of all kinds of spammers and scammers. So, let’s begin.
How To Disable DMs On Discord?
If you are a member of the Discord community then it is important that you know how you can disable the Discord DMs. In this way, you will be able to protect yourself from these bots and spam accounts that may steal your private data from your device.
If you want to know how to disable DMs on Discord, then here are a few steps that will help you.
- The first thing that you have to do is open your Discord app.
- Now, go to the server where you want to block Discord DMs.
- Next, you have to right-click on the server’s name and then open the privacy settings.
- Just toggle the slider off for the option that says allow direct messages from server members.
Related: 200+ Best Discord Status Ideas & Discord About Me Ideas That Are Unique, Funny, Cool, And Inspirational
How To Start A Direct Message On Discord?
If you are new to this platform and want to know how you can start the direct message on Discord, then here are a few steps that will help you out. Well, there are many ways by which you can start the direct message on Discord. Here’s how you can do it.
- Click on your username or your profile picture to open the menu.
- Now, you have to enter the message in the box which you will find at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on the enter button to send it.
- You can even right-click the users so that you can open the DM channel.
- You can open the channel from your friend list if the receiver is already there on your list.
- Tap on the Discord logo which you will find in the upper left-hand side corner of the screen and select the friend’s option.
- Now, to open the DM channel you have to find the receipt by clicking on the speech bubble icon.
- If you already have the DM channel with the receiver then they will be listed under the direct messages after you click on the Discord logo present in the upper left-hand side corner of the screen. To open the DM channel just click on it.
Related: Midjourney Discord Bot | How To Add Midjourney Bot To Your Server
How Do Disable Direct Messages From The Desktop For Certain Servers?
If you want to know how to disable the direct messages from the desktop for specific servers then here are a few steps that you need to follow:
- Log in to your Discord account.
- Now, look for the server from which you want to disable the messages.
- Next, you have to tap on the drop-down menu so that you can access the server settings.
- Tap on the privacy settings.
- Just toggle on the allow direct messages from server members.
- Press on the done option.
Related: How To Stream VR On Discord | The Ultimate Guide!
How To Block Inappropriate Content?
Discord does allow you to create an explicit content filter. It will allow you to delete and also upload images that contain inappropriate or graphic content automatically. Here are a few steps that will help you out.
- Click on the privacy and safety from the users’ settings.
- Ensure that you have checked the keep me a safe box.
- This will help to remove the explicit content and make sure that it is never seen.
Related: Hustlers University 2.0 Discord | How To Join Hustlers University Discord
So, this is all about how to disable DMs on Discord. The steps are really easy to follow. Now, after blocking the DMs you will not be getting any other DMs. If you have any questions, you can reach us in the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How To Find The Safe Direct Message Feature On Discord?
if you want to find the safe direct message feature on Discord, then here’s where you can find it.
- Tap on the user settings option.
- Click on the privacy and safety option.
- Now, you have to select one of the options that are mentioned above for safe direct messaging.
Q. Can Anyone Dm You On Discord?
Well, officially Discord does not give us the option to chant with other users until bad unless they are our friends. So, if you do want to chat with someone and you do have their user ID sending them m the message is not actually simple just by clicking on the chat box. Look for them and send them a message.