iMessage is a really great messaging tool for all the Apple users out there. With iMessage, you can send and receive messages between iOS and Mac devices. But, if the apps don’t work as they are supposed to, then that might be really frustrating. Lately, many users are complaining about iMessage not syncing on Mac. Are you too facing this issue? Do you know how to fix iMessage not syncing on Mac?
Well, there could be many reasons behind this issue. But, we do understand that it is annoying to face such tech issues. This is especially true if you send or read sensitive messages. Moreover, iMessage and facetime are the main reasons to stay invested in Apple devices. So when the iMessage does not sync with Mac it leads to confusion and mistakes in the conversation.
If you are here looking for how to fix iMessage not syncing on Mac, then you have come to the right place. Here, we have listed some of the fixes that you can try out like switching on and off iMessage, resetting network settings, checking Apple ID, etc.
Did these fixes go above your head? Uh-oh, don’t worry! Below, we have listed the detailed methods on how to fix your iMessage not syncing on Mac issue. Follow these steps as it is and you will see whether your problem gets resolved or not.
How To Fix iMessage Not Syncing On Mac?
Apple’s iMessage messaging app will allow you to send files and media without any cost. But, you can send this if the receiver is also on iMessage because it works on the internet connection. So, if you sync iMessage with iCloud, then you can easily access messages on your Mac. But, if you are facing iMessage not syncing on Mac issues then below we have listed a few fixes. You can try them and see whether they work for you or not.
Related: Know Who Blocked On iMessage- Alternate ways To Contact
1. Switch On And Off Your iMessage
To know how to fix iMessage not syncing on Mac the first thing that you need to try is to turn off and again on your iMessage. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to the settings option on your iPhone. Then, click on the message.
- Turn off iMessage. Now, wait for a few seconds and then turn it on again.
- On your Mac device, open the messages app. Press on the preferences option.
- Select accounts and then click on the sign-out option.
- Now, wait for a few seconds and then sign in again.
- After you complete this process, enable iMessage on both the Mac and iPhone. Check if the iMessage sync is done properly or not.
2. Check Apple ID
You need to make sure that iPhone and Mac both have the same Apple ID. Only then, iCloud will be able to sync the messages on both devices.
On your iPhone, open the Settings app and then go to the profile menu. Look for the current Apple ID. Now on Mac, you have to open the system preferences menu and then load the Apple ID menu. If you see that the Apple ID is different on either of the devices then you have to log out and make sure that both the devices have the same Apple ID.
Related: How To Delete Photos From Mac But Not iCloud? Easy Steps To Follow!
3. Syncing Messages Manually On Mac
If you see that the problem persists and you are not getting the latest messages on Mac then you have to sync it manually. Here’s what you need to do:
- On Mac open the messages app.
- On the top left-hand side corner of the screen, you will see messages. Tap on it.
- Now choose preferences.
- Get in the iMessage menu.
- Now tap on the sync now button.
4. Enable The Messages In iCloud
You do know that Apple uses iCloud to sync messages on all the devices. The message option is enabled for iCloud by default. You can just temporarily disable the messages on iCloud and then enable it again. Take a look at these steps:
- Open the messages on your Mac.
- Then next you have to press on the messages in the menu bar.
- Now open the preferences menu.
- From the iMessage menu, you need to disable messages in iCloud.
- Now again enable it and then restart your app.
Related: NFT Apple Watch | Tech World Entering Metaverse
5. Reset The Network Settings
You can also face this issue if your iPhone’s network settings are not done properly. You need to reset the network settings and then try to sync again.
- On your iPhone, open the Settings app.
- Now you have to go to the general menu
- Scroll down to the transfer or reset menu.
- Choose the reset network settings from the drop-down menu.
Related: How To Save GIFs On Mac? Download And Have Fun Watching Them!
So these were a few fixes that we have listed to answer your question on how to fix iMessage not syncing on Mac. These steps are really easy and you will absolutely face no issue when you follow them.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How To Sync iPhone With Mac?
You can use your Wi-Fi to sync your iPhone with your Mac.
- First, you need to connect your iPhone with your Mac.
- Open iTunes to choose the device.
- Click on the summary option and then choose the option that says sync with this device over Wi-Fi.
- Click on apply.
Q. Why Are Text Messages Not Getting Updated On Mac?
You need to check both your iPhone and Mac devices. Then you have to open the settings option on your iPhone. Next, click on the message option and then turn it off for the message. Now wait for a few seconds and then turn it on again. You need to follow these same steps on Mac. You will get to see the text message on your Mac.