Google Chrome outstands all the other browsers in the market when it comes to user experience and safe browsing. Many wondered when firestick does not have the inbuilt google chrome. But, worry not friends here is a way that will tell you How to install Google Chrome on Firestick?
Smart Android TVs are in demand nowadays. People are converting their simple TVs to Android TVs with the help of Firesticks. A firestick is a device which when connected to a simple TV through an HDMI port makes it Android. It offers various inbuilt browsers but not google chrome. So, here is a guide that will tell you how to install google chrome on firestick.
Google Chrome cannot be directly downloaded from the app store of Firestick. So, to Install Google Chrome on Firestick you have to download a third-party app called “Downloader”. Downloader will help you to download the Google Chrome app using the URL link.
We have made a proper guide on “How To Install Google Chrome On Firestick”, with the proper steps to follow. We have also provided the URL link that you need to write in the Downloader App for downloading Google Chrome.
How To Install Google Chrome On Firestick
Further in the article, you will find the proper steps on “How To Install Google Chrome On Firestick”. But before that let’s have a look at some features of Google Chrome that makes it a necessary app to have on Firestick.
Why Should you Install Google Chrome on Firestick?
Well, there are several reasons to use google chrome on firestick. The first one being the absence of specific web protocols, you can install the ad blocker on the platform which is not present in the other browsers.
Faster page loading as compared to browsers like Firefox. This faster page loading is due to Chromium’s open-source Blink Engine that handles the web layout in the Android version of google chrome.
If you want to save your data then you must be aware of the Lite mode of google chrome for the Android version. If you want to know how it works then let me tell you that it redirects the web traffic through the Google servers. It is then simplified and compressed that uses less of the hardware resources. Hence, putting less load on the device and using less data.
That was too technical, wasn’t it? You just got to know that using lite mode reduces the data usage by up to 50 percent.
The most important reason to have Google chrome on the Firestick is that you can directly download the media and APK files from the direct links, which you cannot do with the inbuilt browsers on the firestick. You can even pause and resume the downloads from the download manager of google chrome.
The availability of the incognito or the private browsing that does not let the device you search history. You have the option to clear the cache and the download history in chrome.
Not only private browsing you can have multiple tabs open simultaneously in the chrome app on the firestick. Plus you can sync your chrome on the firestick using your google account.
The easy-to-use, simple and familiar interface of google chrome on the fire stick makes it the first choice of the users on the Fire Tv. But, unfortunately, you cannot download it directly from the fire stick. Here you will find the best ways to install google chrome on firestick.
Features Of Google Chrome
Out of various features, google chrome offers us. We have listed the best ones for you below.
- The fastest web browser, available in the market.
- Unlike other web browsers on Fire TV, it offers multiple tab options.
- Offers options like Adblocker and popper blocker.
- Synchronize with the google account
- Safe because of strong encryption protocols.
- You can directly download the media or APKs and install them.
- Offers google translate options.
How To Install Google Chrome On Firestick
Firestick does not offer a way to download the google chrome app from the direct search. We have to download a third-party app to install Google chrome on Fire Stick. We have categorized the whole process of installing the Google Chrome application on Firestick into three sub-heads or processes. Let’s start with the guide.
Enable Side Loading
The side-loading option enables the user to install and get the APKs from unknown sources. But you have to be a developer first. Follow the following steps to do so.
- On the remote of the FireTV click the setting options.
- The menu on the screen will appear. Select “Device & Software”. On the older versions of Fire TV, its option is available as “Device” or “My Fire TV”.
- On the next screen choose the “Developer Option”
- On the next screen click on the “Apps From Unknown Sources”
- Next click on “OK” on the dialogue box.
Get The Downloader App From The App Store
None of the browsers on the Firestick allows the direct file download. So, we have to download a third-party app “Downloader” to install google chrome on Firestick. Follow the following steps to do so.
- Go to the search bar and type “Downloader”. You can also search it using voice search.
- After that, the downloader will appear in front of you. Click on it.
- Click “Get It”
- The “Downloader” will download and install automatically.
Install Google Chrome On Firestick
Now, that you have got the downloader installed on your Firestick. You can download google chrome using it by following the steps given below.
- Open the “Downloader”, give it the storage permissions.
- After that go to the URL section and enter the downloading link ttps://bit.ly/3eQ2VGq
- Hit on Go
- Google Chrome APK file will start downloading.
- After that, a pop-up will appear asking for installation. Click on Install.
- You will Install Google Chrome on Firestick
We have mentioned various reasons that make Google chrome better than other browsers such as Firefox. As already mentioned you cannot directly download it from the app store so you need to download the third-party app for the purpose. If you feel the guide on “How To Install Google Chrome On Firestick” is helpful then do share it with your friends.
Featured Image Source: Firestick Community