Just like Discord is to PC gamers, so is PlayStation party chat to PS4 and PS5 Players. Even though Discord can be used on different other platforms, it is mainly used by PC gamers. The same is applicable to the PS4 party chat. Are you wondering what is PS4 Party chat? Do you know how to join a PS4 Party Chat from your PC?
Playing video games with other people can be really fun, but wouldn’t you love it that you get to directly talk to people with whom you are Playing? I guess the latter is better. Due to this reason, the gaming techs have come up with a new and interesting feature, Any guesses? Well, it is the PlayStation party chat.
Say that you have got an invitation to join a PS4 Party chat, but you are away from your PlayStation and do want to join a PS4 party chat. Now, the thought that must have come to your mind is how to join a PS4 Party Chat from your PC, isn’t it? Well, the first thing you have to do is connect your game console and PC with the same Wi-Fi network. The steps are a bit lengthy.
So, you need to read below to know the steps to join PS4 party chat easily, where you will get all the information in deets. Hey, what are you waiting for? Let’s get started.
What Is PS4 Party Chat?
If you are a beginner and don’t know what is PS4 Party chat, then let’s get to know about it.
PlayStation 4 Party chat is a feature that will allow you to voice chat with your friends privately, without even using the in-game chat system. If you want to use the PS4 party chat feature, then you have to sync your PC with your PS4 console.
Once you have the PS Remote Play on your PC, then you can easily establish the communication just by linking it to your console in sleep mode. This Remote Play app is compatible with all the versions of Windows.
Related: How To Get Paramount Plus On PS4 | The Playstation Pro Tricks!
How To Download PS4 Remote Play On Your PS4?
Before we go on to discuss how to download PS4 Remote Play, let’s get to know what is Remote Play after all.
Well, Remote Play is an interesting feature for the PS4 and PS5, that allows you to stream your favorite PlayStation game from any device that you want. You will get some extra features from which you will be able to browse your console’s menu. Interesting! Now, let’s get to know how to download Remote Play on your PS4.
- First, go to the PlayStation Remote Play.
- Tap on the Windows 10 logo. When you click it, you will be redirected to a page, from where you can download and install the PlayStation Remote Play app.
- Open the application on your PC, and then try to use it.
You will now be able to join your friends in the PlayStation party chat on your PC without any error.
Related: How To Connect AirPods To PS4 | Can You Connect AirPods To PS4?
How To Join A PS4 Party Chat From Your PC?
Though joining a PS4 party chat may seem to be a bit difficult, here are the steps that will let you know how to join a PS4 Party Chat from your PC in no time.
- Go to the official website of PlayStation Remote Play, and then download the Windows 10 or macOS app on your PC’s desktop.
- When this is done, just click on the install button, and then wait till it gets installed.
- Next, you have to open your application.
- Check that both PC and PS4 consoles are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Before you use the PlayStation voice chat on your PC, you also need to make sure that the PS4 console is in sleep mode.
- Now that your PS4 controller and PC are linked, you can use a USB cable or a Bluetooth lead for this.
- Whether you are using PS4 or PS5, the name of your console will be shown on the screen.
- In this way, you can be sure that the connection is in sync.
- When you are done, then both your PC and PS console will be synced, and you can play your game.
- You will find a microphone icon at the bottom of the screen. Tap on it and enjoy voice chatting with your friends.
- On your controller, you need to press the PlayStation option. Choose a party from the quick menu option.
- Tap on start party and then choose the friends group from the given list.
- Ta-daaa! That’s it.
Related: 5+ Best PS4 VR Games That Every PlayStation Lover Must Play
Now, after you’ve read this post you know how to join a PS4 Party Chat from your PC, don’t you? Though the steps are lengthy they are quite easy. Do let us know if you have any queries in the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Which Devices And Versions Are Compatible With PS Remote Play?
The devices and the versions that are compatible with the PS Remote Play are:
- If you use Android, then it should be Android version 7 or above.
- If you use iPhone, then it should be iOS 12.3 or above.
- For PC, it should be Windows 10 and Mac 10.13 or a later version.
Q. Can You Join Ps4 Party Chat On PC Without The Remote Play App?
No, you cannot join PS4 without the Remote Play app. You need to download and install PlayStation Remote Play app on your PC. Then only will you be able to link your PC with your console. Without this app, you will not be able to manage your console and will not be able to join PS4 party chat on PC.