Snapchat is the most loved social media platform, you’ll agree!! The added bonus of Snapchat features like “My Eyes Only”, makes the user experience even more wonderful! This hidden section needs a separate passcode to access the stored snaps. In case you forgot your My Eyes Only password, and can’t figure out a way to recover the snaps, here is an overview on how to recover my eyes only pictures on Snapchat!
Doesn’t matter if you are 14 or 40, Snapchat is the ultimate platform to share snaps and memories with our loved ones! Click snaps, share snaps, and share them within the app itself! To add an extra dose of privacy to your special moments, Snapchat offers a “My Eyes Only” feature to its users! You can keep your snaps hidden in the My Eyes Only section!
Well, the good news is that in case you delete your snaps, you still can restore the deleted Snapchat snaps! Find out how to recover “My Eyes Only” pictures on Snapchat? Many times we try to restore a deleted Snapchat account, but unfortunately, we lose our Snapchat memories in the process. Don’t worry, we have figured out ways to restore Snapchat deleted memories as well!
While you are busy making memories, we bring to you the best Snapchat features, and best methods to get in pace with those features!
What Is My Eyes Only Feature On Snapchat?
We all probably have an extra protected folder in our phones where we keep our closest and private stuff (snaps, videos, messages). Similarly, Snapchat comes with a privacy tab feature that allows you to keep your snaps hidden to yourself only. Only you can view the snaps from the My Eyes Only section, as it is password protected.
No one will ever find out that you have created a secret hidden snaps column for your Snapchat memories! It’s a great feature provided by Snapchat that ensures users’ security and privacy!
Since this feature is hidden, and most of you might not know from where to get the My Eyes Only feature, and how to use it, here have a look at this easy step-by-step guide on How To Add “My Eyes Only” To Snapchat!
Also, check out How To Recover Deleted Snapchat Messages on Android & iPhone!
How To Add “My Eyes Only” To Snapchat?
Before we begin with any of the recovery processes, let’s understand how this My Eyes Only Snapchat feature works! Here are the steps you need to follow to add My eyes Only To Snapchat!
- Open your Snapchat Account with your account logged in successfully.
- Swipe left to the memories section of your Snapchat account. There you’ll find all your Snapchat memories along with the camera roll snap section.
- To add snaps to the My Eyes Only section, you’ll have to long-press that particular snap or video.
- A menu box will pop up on the screen with many options. You’ll see the “My Eyes Only/ Hide” option there. Click on it.
- After that click on “Quick Setup”.
- There you’ll have to set a new password for your My Eyes Only folder. Make sure you set a different password for this section. Do remember the password that you set, as it is the only way to access this folder! You can either set a passphrase, or a four-digit passcode to enter the My Eyes Only section.
- Next, you’ll be displayed with the My Eyes Only description page on your screen. Click on continue to move forward.
- Then tap finish.
- Once you are done with the password setup, you’ll be able to move snaps to the My Eyes Only column from the next time.
To move snaps to the My Eyes Only Snapchat Section, follow these steps:
- Open your Snapchat account.
- Swipe left to access the Snapchat memories.
- Now mark the snaps and stories that you wish to add to your My Eyes Only section.
- Click on “More” at the bottom of the Snapchat screen.
- Then tap “Move”. The snaps and stories will get moved to the My Eyes Only area.
Can’t figure out ways to recover your locked Snapchat account? Check out How To Unlock Snapchat Locked Account? 4 Proven Hacks To Try!
Is There A Way To Recover Photos Deleted From “My Eyes Only” On Snapchat?
Snapchat memories work somewhat like Google photos. If you have backed up your snaps in the Snapchat memories, then even if you lose your device or delete your account, you’ll still be able to recover deleted Snapchat photos from My Eyes Only.
But if you haven’t backed up your snaps then you might face difficulties restoring the deleted snaps. To make your work easy, here are various ways to recover photos deleted from My Eyes Only on Snapchat!
How To Recover My Eyes Only Pictures On Snapchat
Here are the ways to recover my eyes only pictures on Snapchat. Choose the one that suits you the best.
1. Recover Snaps From Snapchat Privacy Tab.
Huh! No one loves long methods, but to make sure that everything is done with precision, here is a method to recover snaps from Snapchat using the privacy tab. This method applies to both android and iPhone users.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Open your Snapchat account. Click on your profile icon present at the upper left corner of the screen.
- Now go to the “Settings’ icon present at the upper right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down to the Privacy section. Under the Privacy tab, you’ll find the “My Data” option. Click on it.
- You’ll need to log in to your Snapchat account once again. Then you can submit your request for your Snapchat photos recovery.
Note: Remember that only the photos that have been saved to your memory roll will be restored using this method.
2. Recover Snaps Using File Browser.
Another way to recover your Snapchat snaps is by taking a sneak peek into your file browser. Since iPhones don’t allow access to phone data files, this method works best for android users.
To apply this method, follow these steps:
- Use the file browser to open your phone’s main storage.
- Once you access the phone’s storage, go to data. From there go to Snapchat data.
- After that, you’ll have to spot files with the .nomedia extension.
- Remove those extensions, so that they get stored in your Snapchat account.
Note: This method works for a short period of time only. So, if you want to recover your deleted Snapchat photos, you better do it sooner after you delete them.
Oh, no! Lost your Snapchat streak? Don’t worry, check out How To Restore Snapchat Streak? Last Minute Saviour Tricks!
How To Recover Deleted My Eyes Only Files?
One thing that you need to remember is that the My Eyes Only section is totally private to you. Even Snapchat has no access to that folder since it’s meant to be private.
So, in case you delete your snaps from My Eyes Only, there is no way to get them back.
Although, if you have forgotten your My Eyes Only Password and can’t access that section, then you can reset the password.
Here is how you can reset and change your My Eyes Only password!
Change My Eyes Only Password:
- Open the Snapchat app, swipe right to open the memories. At the bottom, you’ll find the My Eyes Only tab (eye icon). Click on it.
- Now click on the “Options” tab at the bottom.
- Now click “Change passcode”.
- Enter the recent passcode that you have set for My Eyes Only.
- Then enter the new password in the given section and click on next.
- Using a passcode or passphrase is totally your choice. Read the given instructions and click continue to move forward.
- Now click Finish and it’s done!
Reset My Eyes Only Password:
- Open your Snapchat account. Swipe right to open the memories tab.
- At the bottom of the screen, you’ll find the My Eyes Only icon (eye icon). Click on it.
- Now click on the options present at the bottom of the next page.
- Click on forgot passcode.
- Now you’ll have to type your Snapchat password and then click on next.
- Agree to the instructions given, and click continue.
- Finally, you’ll get to reset a new password for my Eyes Only. Remember that My Eyes Only password should be different from your regular Snapchat password.
- Type the new password and click on Confirm it.
Also, have a look at How To Recover Deleted Snapchat Account? Easy-Peasy Hacks To Try!!
This is how to recover My Eyes Only Pictures on Snapchat!! To know more about the functioning of the My Eyes Only feature on Snapchat, you can visit Snapchat’s Support Page.
Now that you know so many hacks to make your snaps private and restore them if deleted, make the best use of the information. In case you have any other queries regarding this, do let us know in the comments section below!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. Why Can’t I Add Snaps To My Eyes Only?
There can be so many reasons why you are not able to add snaps to My Eyes Only on Snapchat. First, make sure your connection is stable. Secondly, make sure you have set up the My Eyes Only section before you try to add snaps to the section. Last but not least make sure your Snapchat memories section has at least one snap saved.
Q. Can You Change The Password For My Eyes Only?
Yes, as we mentioned earlier, you can restore your My Eyes Only password, but with the consequences of deleting your previous memories’ data.
Featured Image Credits: marketwatch.com