Have you ever noticed that when you make an account on any social media platform, the first thing that you will be asked for will be your phone number to get started? Snapchat also does the same. But, what if you want to use the app but don’t want to enter your Phone number? Well, in that case, you need to know how to remove phone number from Snapchat? So, Here is a guide for your help.
If you are installing Snapchat for the first time, then for verification purposes, you can even use your email address. This would be perhaps safe and private and you don’t even have to use your phone number on Snapchat. That’s great indeed.
So, if you want to know how to remove phone number from Snapchat, then you can do it with a few easy and quick steps. Well, you may be disheartened to hear this, but actually, there is no way by which you can remove your phone number from Snapchat permanently. Do you know why? It’s because there is no direct option available. But, you can change or update it using your new number.
If you are wondering how you can change or how you can add a new number then below, we have listed a few steps that will help you to do. Let’s check them out without wasting any more time.
How To Remove Phone Number From Snapchat?
If you want to know how to remove phone number from Snapchat, then here’s what you need to do. Once you have linked your phone number with your Snapchat account, then there is only one option left for you, which is to delete the Snapchat account. Now, all the time that you had spent on earning those precious snap streaks will go wasted. It’s heartbreaking, I know! You will have to create a new Snapchat account and follow the whole instructions all over again of adding friends, searching for them, etc, etc. Ahh! you don’t want to get into a boring lengthy process all over again, do you?
Hahahaha, caught you. Relax! That was just a joke buddy.
But, you can actually remove your phone number in this way too. Whatever the case is, here are a few ways by which you can remove your phone number from Snapchat.
How To Remove Your Phone Number Directly From Snapchat?
If you want to know how to remove phone number from Snapchat account directly, then you need to delete your phone number from the main account. Then you will have to make a new Snapchat account using your primary phone number. Here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Open Snapchat, and log in to your account with your primary number.
- Now, go to the settings option, and then, log out from your Snapchat account.
- You now will get to see the login page. Here you have to click on the signup option.
- Enter your name, and then, click on the Sign-up and accept the option.
- Now, enter your birthday, and click on the continue button.
- Select the username and again tap on the continue option.
- Enter your password, and continue.
- Now you need to follow this step carefully.
- Under the option that says what’s your email address just tap on the sign up with a phone instead.
- Enter your primary number, the number that you want to remove from your primary account.
- Verify your phone number and then, enter the code.
- Next, you need to log out of your new Snapchat account, and then log in to your primary account.
- You will not see your phone number on the primary account.
How To Hide Your Phone Number On Snapchat?
The simplest way by which you can remove your phone number from your Snapchat account is by not removing phone number. Huh? Got confused?
Well, now that you have signed up to your Snapchat account with your phone number you will not be able to permanently delete your phone number from your account. This is mainly for iOS users. So, the trick that we have tried is to hide your phone numbers from other snapchatters. Now you must be thinking about how you will hide your phone number on Snapchat, right? Don’t worry, here are the steps that will help you out.
- Log in to your Snapchat account.
- Tap on your profile icon.
- Now, go to the setting option, and click on the mobile number option.
- Inside this option, you will find another option that says “let others find me using my mobile number”. Just turn off that mode if it’s turned on. And in this way, your phone number is hidden from the public.
How To Replace Your Phone Number On Snapchat?
One of the ways to know how to remove phone number from Snapchat, is by replacing your phone number. If you want to protect your Snapchat account and phone number, we suggest that you replace your linked phone number on your Snapchat account.
- Open Snapchat and go to your profile.
- Click on the Settings icon, and then tap on your mobile number.
- Add any other phone number that you don’t use much.
- You will get a notification about the code through text or call. Choose the option that you want.
- Now you will be requested to add your password and confirm the same.
How To Use Fake Numbers To Remove Phone Numbers On Snapchat?
Using a fake number is also a good way by which you can remove your phone number from Snapchat. You will find many websites that will provide you with fake numbers along with the confirmation code (OTP). If you want to use a fake number on Snapchat rather than using the primary one and then visit Receive SMS Online. Here you will find many fake numbers along with an OTP code for confirmation.
Here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Go to receive-sms.
- Choose any one fake number for your Snapchat account.
- Now, open your Snapchat account and click on your profile.
- Go to the settings option, and then click on the mobile number option.
- Give the fake number, and click on the verify option.
- Again, you need to go to the Receive SMS Online site.
- Click on the fake number that you have used for your Snapchat.
- Scroll down to get the confirmation code.
- Copy the code and simply verify your number.
That’s all for how to remove phone number from Snapchat.
If you’ve been wondering and looking for answers on how to remove phone numbers from Snapchat then after reading this post you must be clear. We have mentioned a few ways by which you can remove your phone number.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Why Are People Adding Phone Numbers On Snapchat?
You need to put your mobile number on Snapchat when you create an account. If you don’t add the phone number, then you will not be able to create a new Snapchat account. So, it is important that you add the number on Snapchat.
Q. Can Someone Find You Using Your Mobile Number On Snapchat?
Yes, if you want your friends to find you using your phone number then that can happen. For this, you need to go to the Snapchat settings. Click on the mobile number option and then enable others to find me using my mobile number.