Snapchat is a very popular social media app with millions of subscribers. Due to its popularity and the users being mostly teenagers, there is a high possibility of unethical activities, like, screen capture or screen recordings. If you screenshot the other person is notified but, does Snapchat notify when you screen record?
Snapchat app is continuously making a big difference in the social media world. This platform had attracted the attention of millions of users just in a short span of time. Its filters have gained more popularity as people love the cool features that are regularly updated on the application.
So, if you ask, does Snapchat notify when you screen record? The answer will be yes. Due to the privacy features, and the corrupted activities of the users, Snapchat has created a feature that will alert the users if someone takes a screenshot of their snaps.
Since then, all the stealthy screenshots are getting discovered, and some have also been blocked by the users. But does Snapchat notify when you screen record a story or take a screenshot? Well, get to know about them below.
Does Snapchat Notify You When You Screen Record?
To answer your question about does Snapchat notify when you screen record. The answer is Yes, Snapchat will notify the other user when you screen record their story or chat. When you screen records a person’s story on Snapchat, they will get to see a double green arrow icon on their screen. That’s how they will know that you are screen recording. Moreover, when you screen records a chat, the users will get a notification that you have screen recorded it.
The notification that they will get will be an in-chat notification, which is quite similar to a screenshot notification. So, if you are planning to take a screenshot or screen record, then you must keep in mind that the person will know about it. Hence, it’s better that you take permission from the person before you take a screenshot to avoid getting into trouble.
How To Screen Record On Snapchat Without Them Knowing?
Though Snapchat will notify other users when you screen record their chat or story. But, don’t worry there are workarounds, by which you can bypass these mechanisms, and can screen record without even letting them know.
How To Screen Record On Snapchat Without Them Knowing On iOS And Android Devices?
The recent Android and iOS devices have a built-in screen record feature. You just have to enable the screen recording mode on your Android or iOS device and start screen recording.
If your iOS device doesn’t have a screen record feature in the control center then here are a few steps that you need to follow:
- Go to the setting option.
- Then, go to the control center, and click on the more controls option.
- Now, choose to add on the next screen.
- The screen record button will get added to the control center. Enable the screen record, go to the Snapchat app, and open the snap you want to record.
1. Airplane Mode
This method is considered to be one of the easiest and the simplest ways by which you can take a screenshot without letting others know about the same. With the help of the given steps, you will be able to screen record and screenshot without letting others know.
- Open the Snapchat. But, don’t open the snap, you want to screen record. Make sure that the pictures you want to screenshot or screen record are already loaded.
- Now, turn off your mobile network or Wi-Fi that you are using. Also, turn off your Bluetooth.
- Next, you need to enable airplane mode, to make sure that you are not connected to the internet.
- Again, open your Snapchat and open the snap that you want to screenshot.
- Once you have taken the screenshot or screen recorded them, you can turn on the internet connection. But, wait a bit before you turn on your internet.
Using Another Phone
With the help of this method, you can surely screenshot or screen record the story or chats that you want. Follow the given steps.
- For this, you will need two phones with you.
- Open your Snapchat account.
- Now, open the snap or the story or chat that you want to record with the other phone.
- Now, screen record or screenshot using the other phone.
- With this method, you can even edit the unwanted content in your screen record.
Using Google Assistant
This is a bit of a different method. If you want to screen record with Google Assistant, then you have to open Snapchat and the snap that you want. Open Google Assistant and you can ask it verbally or you even write the command to screen record on Snapchat. These processes are really simple and convenient to use. You will be able to access the screen record since you have to send this to your Gmail to get access to your screen record.
So, these were a few ways by which you can know does Snapchat notify when you screen record. Due to all the fraudulent users and privacy concerns, Snapchat will notify when you screen record or screenshot.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is It Illegal To Screenshot On Snapchat?
Q. How Do Remove You Took A Screenshot Alert On Snapchat?
Well, unfortunately, you will not be able to remove this notification that appears. So, it is better that you plan accordingly to avoid getting the alert.