Well, we know that TikTok is a very popular social media app. This app allows you to use its many functions. Do you know you can also reset the TikTok algorithm? There are many users who don’t know how to reset TikTok algorithm. If you too have this question then this post is for you.
The TikTok algorithm considers many factors to know what kind of videos should appear on your for you feed and what kind of videos should not appear on your feed. You will be able to reset the TikTok algorithm so that you can get rid of the old content easily and get to watch the new videos.
So now coming back to your question on how to reset TikTok algorithm. Well, the steps are really easy to follow. You can follow this on iOS, android devices. TikTok app > profile > hamburger menu > setting and privacy > clear cache > for you.
Don’t worry if you did not get the steps that we have mentioned above because in the below section we have mentioned them in detail. So now, without wasting any more time let’s get started.
If you want to know how to reset TikTok algorithm then here in this section we will discuss it. You can easily reset the TikTok algorithm on your android and iOS device.
So, let’s get to know how to reset TikTok algorithm on your iOS device. Here are a few steps to follow:
- The first thing that you have to do is open the TikTok app on your iPhone.
- Now, click on the profile tab which is present in the bottom right-hand side corner of the screen.
- Next, click on the hamburger menu icon which you will find in the top right-hand side corner of the screen.
- Now, choose the settings and privacy option.
- Scroll down and then click on the clear cache option which you will find under the cache and cellular data.
- Now, you need to go through the for you page and then you need to like the videos that you see, and mark the videos that you don’t want to see as not interested.
How To Reset TikTok Algorithm On An Android Device?
Now, let’s discuss how to reset TikTok algorithm on your android device. The steps are really easy to follow. So, let’s get to know the steps which you need to follow.
- On your android device open your TikTok app.
- Now, click on the profile icon which you will find in the bottom right-hand side corner of the screen.
- Next, you have to click on the hamburger menu present at the upper right-hand side corner of the screen.
- Now, select the settings and privacy option.
- Scroll down and come to the cache and cellular data. Here you need to choose the free-up space option.
- Now, click on the clear button that is adjacent to the cache option.
- Confirm your decision by clicking on the clear option again.
- Now, go back to the for you page and then like the videos that you want to see and long press on those videos that you don’t want to see and choose the not interested option.
What Else Can You Do To Optimize Your TikTok Algorithm?
Even after we have discussed how to reset TikTok algorithm there are still other ways by which you can easily optimize your TikTok algorithm. If you see that you are still getting to see the videos from creators that you are not interested in then here are some tips that will help you to tailor the for you page and allow the TikTok algorithm to know the kind of content you may prefer to see.
- Report the videos as inappropriate.
- You can even follow the creators that you are interested in and just unfollow those which you don’t want to see anymore.
- Look for the search function to see the users or videos and like them.
What Kind Of Content TikTok Will Not Recommend To You?
Do you know what kind of content TikTok will not recommend to you? Well, the algorithm works very hard to recommend what it thinks you want to see it also does some work to make sure that you don’t get the recommended content that you don’t want to see.
Here are a few types of content that TikTok will surely not recommend to you.
- The videos that you have already seen.
- The potentially graphic or upsetting videos.
- Duplicate content
- And any content that the TikTok algorithm flag as spam.
So, this is all about how to reset TikTok algorithm. We have mentioned these few steps that will help you to reset your TikTok algorithm both on your iOS and android device. If you have any questions, you can reach us in the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What Happens If You Clear The Cache On TikTok?
Well, if you clear the cache on TikTok then it will simply erase the temporary data that takes up the unnecessary storage space on your smartphone.
Q. How To Dislike And Unfollow Unwanted Accounts?
To dislike and unfollow the unwanted accounts follow these steps:
- Go to TikTok’s for you page and hold on to the required video for 2 seconds.
- There is officially no dislike button but you can choose the not interested button.
- Select more options and then select hide from this user or hide videos with these sound options.
- Click on the profile tab after disliking the video and go to the profile page.
- Click on the following option on any account you want to follow.
Q. How To Clear The Cache On TikTok?
If you want to clear the cache on TikTok follow these steps:
- Open the TikTok app and then go to the profile tab.
- Click on the hamburger menu and choose settings and privacy.
- Click the free up space option.
- Now hit the clear option next to cache.