Twitter never fails to amaze us with its new features that come out every now and then. Being a famous social media app, this platform tries to be more user-friendly by providing new features that are easy to use. One such feature that has been recently added is retweeting without quote on Twitter. Do you know How to Retweet on Twitter Without Quote?
Twitter would allow you to retweet on Twitter with a quote. If you have ever retweeted on Twitter then you would know that you can retweet with a quote. But now Twitter has added a new feature where you can retweet without quote.
But if you don’t know How to Retweet on Twitter Without Quote, then you need not worry, coz this post is going to help you out. Here we will discuss a few easy steps that will help you to retweet without quote. Open Twitter app > login > retweet > retweet and quote tweet.
If you dint get what you just read above, then there is nothing to get worried about. Below you will find all the steps mentioned in deets. So just scroll down, follow the steps mentioned, and retweet without quote.
What Is The Difference Between A Retweet And Quote Tweet?
Well, before we discuss How to Retweet on Twitter Without Quote, let us discuss what is the difference between a retweet and quote tweet? When you send the normal tweet you are actually sharing the original tweet directly. The other accounts’ tweets will directly show up in your follower’s timeline, and any interaction that includes the comments, likes along with other normal retweets will be linked directly with the original tweet.
When you send a quote tweet your followed will see the comments that you type along with the original tweet inserted. Any interaction on the tweet be it likes, or comments will be linked with your quote tweet instead of the original tweet.
How To Retweet On Twitter Without Quote?
Now, let’s come to the main topic, How to Retweet on Twitter Without Quote. Well, sending a normal retweet is pretty much easy. To do that you just need to click on the normal retweet button on the Twitter website or in the Twitter app.
Now, Twitter will show you the quote tweet dialog box and it will ask you to add a comment. You don’t have to type anything here you just need to click on the retweet button.
If you don’t enter anything in this dialog then Twitter will send a normal retweet rather than a quote tweet.
Now, let’s take a look at the steps that will help to know How to Retweet on Twitter Without Quote.
- Open the Twitter app and then log in to your account.
- Now, look for the post that you want to retweet and then tap on the retweet icon that you will find below the tweet.
- As you will see you will get two options, namely retweet and quote tweet. But if you get only the quote tweet option but don’t want to retweet with a quote then you just need to click on it and rather than adding any comment to this tweet just retweet it as it is. This tweet will get retweets as a normal retweet without any quotes or comments.
How To Tweet A Link Without The Quote?
If you want to tweet a link without the quote, then here are a few steps that you need to follow:
- Open the tweet that has the video.
- Tap on the share button and then choose the copy tweet link.
- Click on the tweet button and then paste the URL of the tweet.
- Remove any kind of additional parameters.
- Now, type: /video/1 at the end.
So, this is all about How to Retweet on Twitter Without Quote. The steps are pretty easy to follow. With the help of these steps, you can easily retweet on twitter without quote. If you have any questions, you can reach us in the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Why Can’t You Retweet Someone’s Tweet Without Quoting?
Well, if you get to see the lock icon adjacent to someone’s name on their profile or their tweet then their tweet is protected and you will not be able to retweet their content. However, if your tweets are protected then you will still be able to retweet and quote the tweet. Only this whom you allow following you will be able to view them.
Q. How To Tweet Someone Privately?
If you want to tweet someone privately then follow these steps:
- Click on the envelope icon and then click on the message icon so that you can create the new message.
- In the address box enter your name, and username if those to whom you want to send the message.
- Now, enter your message.
- In addition to that text, you can include a photo, GIF, or video through direct message.