Tech is, by far, the most popular niche that most startups choose. If you are also looking to start a tech blog, then there are certain things that you must know. People who are tech geeks, or tech-savvy will choose tech as their choice or blogging. That is definitely not a difficult task for them.
However, there are many things that you require to start a tech blog other than your love for devices. The audience for tech hacks is giant. If you have already decided to start a tech blog, then it is time to do it the right way.
We will not tell you how to set up a tech blog, but we will discuss things that should know before you start your tech blog. Follow through the given steps and begin with your brainstorming process!
1. Decide The Focus Of Your Blog
Tech is an extremely broad field. In order to start a tech blog, your first step is to decide the focus of your blog. You will have to choose what direction you want to give to your blog. There are many subfields in tech that you can choose to cover. We have listed some of the ideas that might help you:
- Expert Interview: If you consider yourself an expert in the tech category or you carry the knowledge and expertise for the niche, then it is recommended you conduct expert interviews. You can also start your own podcast. This will help your blog create a social media presence.
- New Trends: You can create your blog around the new and upcoming trends in the tech industry. In this subfield, you can cover news about apps, devices, programming, AI, tools, games, software, and many more things.
- Tech Product Review: Product review is a domain that has the most amount of audience. If you can provide the right kind of reviews and recommendations, then this is the best option for you. A proper and honest tech review can help build a strong audience. Remember that your opinion will influence buyers!
2. Choose Your Blogging Platform
Once you have decided the niche for your blog, it is time to choose a blogging platform. There are many options available on the internet that you can choose from, but it is necessary to be very particular and careful while choosing. Some of the blogging platforms are available for free and others charge money.
However, it is important to note that free platforms come with a fair share of drawbacks. Also, free blogging platforms will hinder the chances of monetizing your blog in the future. One of the most popular platforms is WordPress. Apart from a blogging platform, you will also need to have online hosting. You will get many options on the internet; like ZealotVPS, etc.
With the right blogging platform and hosting for tech blogs, you will be all ready to move on to the next step.
3. Decide Your Domain Name
Next on the agenda is deciding the domain name for your blog or website. A domain name is one of the most important things that you have to choose while starting a blog. A domain name will be the brand name of your website. We would recommend you to take your proper time to decide the name of your website.
Choosing the right domain name might seem like an easy task, but in reality, it is a lot difficult! A lot of people get stuck at this stage because they are trying to get hold of the perfect brand name. Here are some things to consider while choosing your domain name:
- Choose a.com domain name
- Choose a brand name
- Try keeping the name simple that easy to remember for the readers
- Use alliteration
Take a little time and keep in mind the above-mentioned things. Do the required research and brainstorming and soon you will have your domain name decided.
4. Choose A Theme
All the essential setup things for starting a tech blog are almost over and now we head over to the fun parts. Now you have decided the brand name, it is time to give your website a new look and a proper layout. Some research states that the look and the layout of a website play an important role in attracting an audience. It is believed that readers make dramatic shifts based on the features and layout of the website.
If you decide to work on WordPress as your blogging platform, then you will have many built-for-purpose themes. You can choose from these themes. One of the best parts of these themes is that you can even customize these themes according to your preference.
These are all the things that you need to know before you start a tech blog. We hope that you found the article informative and helpful. We hope that follow all these steps properly and start your blog as soon as possible.