One thing that sucks about Instagram is when you receive a new message notification at the top of your screen, and in any case, you touch the message, it gets marked as read!!
Hey Instagram!!! Please stop making me look so desperate!! I didn’t want it to be marked as read. Not at least not within 0.2 seconds of receiving it!! LOL!! So, what’s the way, how to turn off read receipts on Instagram?
Another possible reason why you want to turn off the read receipts might be because of those random DMS that keep troubling you. Obviously, when we receive any new text from a random user, we want to hold it for some time and don’t want to show the sender that we are desperate to read his text. But as soon as you press the text, Instagram shows the read receipts.
If that’s the case, then how to turn off read receipts on Instagram? Well, one of the easiest ways to get rid of this problem is by having patience and viewing the message after a while or not touching it at all. But who would like to wait when you have so many other ways to get your work done!! Don’t know about them? No Worries, we got you covered with the best hacks and tips to turn off Instagram read receipts!!
Ahh!! Can’t wait for more to find out what my ex has texted me!! Just disclose the tricks soon so that I can read the message without him knowing that I opened his text. So, ready to explore these ways? Let’s go then!!!
How To Turn Off Read Receipts On Instagram?
For the times when you wish to read someone’s messages without letting them know on Instagram, learn how to turn off read receipts on Instagram.
Well, it’s pretty simple!
Here are the best tried and tested methods to spy!!
1. Turn Off Instagram Message Notifications
If you want to read texts but don’t want to be marked as seen, then here are the steps you need to follow to turn off Instagram message notifications:
- Open your Instagram App and make sure your Instagram profile is successfully logged in.
- Click on your profile icon. This will open your profile’s homepage.
- At the top right corner you’ll find three dots or three vertical lines, click on that.
- Now go to “settings.”
- From the drop-down menu click on the “notifications” option.
- From the notifications tab, go to the “messages/direct message” option.
- There you’ll find Off and On options under the message requests. Tick mark the message requests to “Off”. And it’s done!!
Now, you’ll not get any Instagram message notifications as you have turned off the message request.
You may also be interested to find out How To Fix Instagram Feed Not Loading? 11 Ways To Fix!!
2. Read Instagram Messages By Turning On The Airplane/Flight Mode!
Another amazing trick to read someone’s text on Instagram and not letting them know is by reading the texts in Airplane Mode.
When you are finally okay with getting notified as you have seen the message to the sender, you can turn off the Airplane Mode.
Follow these steps to know how it’s done:
- Open your Instagram App. Make sure your account is successfully logged in to the app.
- From the top right corner, click on the messenger icon. This will redirect you to the message inbox.
- Now before opening any message don’t forget to turn on your Airplane Mode, otherwise, you’ll be caught viewing a message. Open your settings and turn on your Airplane mode.
- Now open the chat you wish to read the text from.
- After reading the message, exit the inbox. Now click on your profile icon.
- At the top right corner of the screen click on three vertical lines.
- Now click on settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on Log Out.
- Now you can turn off the Airplane mode.
- When you’ll open your Instagram app, you’ll have to log in to your account details again. So make sure you remember your ID and password!!
Keep your Instagram safe and protected from being getting accessed by anyone else. Learn How To Remove Remembered Account On Instagram For iPhone Users? Keep Your Accounts Secure!!
Feeling empowered to know these tricks? Right!! LOL!!!
Well, now that you know how to turn off read receipts on Instagram and read someone’s messages without letting them know, so make the best use of the information.
Tell us which other methods you have tried for the same escape in the comments section below. Also, comment and tell, whether this information was of any use to you!!
If you liked the post, don’t hesitate to share it with your friends. Drop your queries below!! Also, stay tuned for more such amazing hacks!!!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. How Do You Turn Off Seen On Instagram?
To turn off being seen on Instagram you need to go to your profile> go to settings> turn off the show activity status. Although, turning it off implies restriction both ways. This means the sender can’t see that you have seen the message and neither could you be able to check when your message gets seen.
Q. What Is Vanish Mode On Instagram?
If you have used Snapchat then you probably know what this vanish mode means. It means that your chats are end to end encrypted. Once you leave the chatbox, your chats disappear on Instagram just like it does on Snapchat.
Although you can turn it off and on anytime you wish to.
Featured Image Credits: techuntold.com