Mobile phones have changed a lot since it was invented. However, there are some things that have not changed. Here we are talking about the sound that the keyboard gives out when you press any key. So in this blog, you will know how to turn on keyboard sound both on Android and iPhone.
The main idea behind keeping your keyboard sound on is to understand that if you are writing you know or understand that you have pressed letter by mistake. So if you keep your keyboard sound turned on, you will know where you have made a mistake while typing.
But, there could be times when you feel that the keyboard sound is annoying. This especially happens when you are in a quiet place and you realize your keyboard is making noise while you are typing. But obviously, you will not be sitting in a quiet place all the time. So, it is always better to know and hear when you type by mistake before sending the wrong message. If you don’t know how to turn on keyboard sound on Android and iPhone, then this blog will help you out.
The steps to turn on keyboard sound both on android and iPhone devices are really simple. They are easy to follow and can be done in seconds. So let’s have a look at them.
How To Turn On Keyboard Sound On Android?
Here are some easy-to-follow steps which you can use to turn on your android devices’ keyboard sound.
- Firstly install Gboard on your Android phone.
- Next, you need to open the setting app.
- Then you need to click on System Languages. Then click on Input.
- Next click on Virtual Keyboard Gboard.
- Then tap on Preferences.
- Scroll down to select the Key Press Option.
- Choose your preference.
Also, read How To Mute Words On Facebook?
How Can You Turn On The Keyboard Sound On Your iPhone?
Now that we know how you can turn on the keyboard sound on your android device. Let’s talk about how to turn on the keyboard sound on your iPhone. These steps too are easy to follow.
- Go to the home screen.
- Next, Go to the settings.
- Then choose the Sound and Vibrations option. Here you will find different options by which you can change the sounds and vibrations.
- Similarly, scroll to the end of the screen and find the option Enable the Keyboard click.
- And you have turned on the keyboard sound on your iPhone device.
How To Turn Off Keyboard Sound On Android?
It could be that you are in a quiet place when you type a message. But as the keyboard sound is turned on, the letters you type will emit a sound. In such a situation you might want to turn off the keyboard sound. Perhaps, you may find it difficult to do so and this could be really annoying. But you need not worry as we’ve got you covered. Here are some easy steps that you can follow to turn off keyboard sound on Android devices.
- Go to your home screen.
- Then go to settings.
- Next click on the Sounds and notifications option.
- Depending on your device you can find the options like Melody and sounds or any other sounds that you want to choose.
- Look for the Sound of the keyboard option or something related to this option.
- Next, you need to tap on this option to deactivate the function.
- And you have easily tuned off your keyboard sound on an Android device.
How To Turn Off Keyboard Sound On iPhone?
Now that we have spoken about steps to turn off keyboard sound on Android devices, then we also need to cover the steps that you need to follow to turn off the keyboard sound of iPhone devices. Let’s have a look at them
- Go to the home screen.
- Then go to the settings app.
- Next tap on Sounds and Haptic Feedback.
- Then you need to click on the switch next to Keyboard Click.
- You have easily turned off your keyboard sound on iPhone devices.
Congratulations now you can easily type your message without getting any sound especially if you are in a quiet place.
Making such small changes like the sound that comes from the keyboard we can learn new things. So the next time when any of your friends is struggling to turn or off the keyboard sound then you can help them. As now you know how to turn on keyboard sound? (on Android and iPhone)
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can You Change The Keyboard Sound On iPhone And Android?
However, you cannot use different keypress sounds on iPhone. But with the help of the SwiftKey keyboard, you can change the keyboard sound on Android devices.
Q. Why Is Your Keyboard So Loud?
The reason why your keyboard sound is so loud is that you may have increased the sound of key click in your keyboard settings on your android devices. You can decrease the sound of your keyboard by going to the sound setting and then you can decrease the volume.
However, on iPhone, the loudness of the key click matches with the volume setting of your phone. So if you turn down your overall volume by pressing the left side button on your phone. In this way, the volume of key clicks will also decrease. Similarly, if you turn up the volume by pressing the left side button on your phone your key clicks volume will increase.