Procreate is undoubtedly one of the best Drawing applications used by professional artists all over the world. The application offers you several features to make editing easier. But, recently google’s query section is flooded with questions like “How To Undo In Procreate?”. Well, if you are one among them then this post is made entirely for you.
It is a known fact that it is difficult to undo the changes made once you have saved and exited the application, Procreate. Well, you must have observed that we have used the term “Difficult” not Impossible. Does this mean that you can Undo in Procreate after closing?
We know that you must be having several doubts in your head. Worry not, we have answered each and every query related to the topic in the post below. So, without wasting much of your time let us start with the article.
Getting Started With The Procreate Application
Procreate is a drawing application specially designed for iOS devices. Most people use it for professional purposes on their iPads with the Apple pencil. Well, the application is simple to download and use. Still, if you are feeling any difficulty then given below are the steps on how to download and use the Procreate application.
- First of all, download the Procreate app from the Apple app store.
- For this, open the App Store and search for Procreate in the search box and hit the search button.
- Now, click on the “Get” option, this will download the Procreate application on your device.
- Now, tap to open the application.
- The application will provide you with the drawing area.
- You can select the brush by clicking on the “dot” option given on the top right corner of the screen.
- You can select the brush size by clicking on the width of the brush from the drop-down menu.
- Well, if you wish to change the screen size you can click on “Gallery” present on the top left corner of the screen.
- On the next screen, navigate to the plus (+) sign present on the top right corner of the screen.
- You will be provided with the options to choose the screen ratio.
- Choose the one that suits you the best and start drawing.
Note: Procreate is one of the best drawing applications. But, it has a drawback, and it is you cannot undo the changes once you have saved or exited the application.
How To Undo In Procreate?
Once you have started drawing in the application then there is always a need to undo some actions. Well, it is easier to erase at the beginning but you cannot use the erasing tool once you have got into the fine details of the drawing. So, what is the option then? Well, the simplest answer is to Undo the process.
Do you know that there are two ways to undo in procreate? Well, if you don’t, then we have mentioned both of them below.
How To Undo In Procreate Using The Undo Option
Once you have started drawing the Undo option will appear on the right side of the screen. Well, given below are the detailed steps of the action.
- Open the Procreate application on your iPad.
- Start drawing. The Undo option will not appear unless you have started drawing something (well, that’s something obvious).
- The Undo button will appear on the right side of the screen, it is the “round backward arrow” option.
- Click on it to undo the changes you made.
How To Undo In Procreate Using Gestures?
Well, if you are a frequent procreate user then you must be aware of the gestures. If not then here we are with the finger gestures that will help you in undoing the recent changes.
The undo gesture on the Procreate application is done with two fingers. All you have to do is, “Tap the screen in the application with two fingers”, this will undo the recent changes in the drawing.
If you wish to undo more than one change then, “Tap and hold the screen with two fingers”. This will keep on undoing the changes until you lift up your finger.
Note: You can only undo 250 changes in one tap.
How To Redo In Procreate?
There are chances that you are using the undo gesture and you delete more than required changes. What to do in that scenario? Well, the simple answer is “Redo”. There are two different ways that can be used to Redo the Procreate application and these are the Redo option and the fingers gesture.
How To Redo In Procreate Using The Redo Option?
Follow the steps given below to redo the changes made in the application:
- Open the Procreate application on your iPad.
- Start drawing. The Redo option will not appear unless you have to Undo something (well, that’s something obvious).
- The Redo button will appear on the right side of the screen, it is the “round Forward arrow” option.
- Click on it to Redo the changes you made.
How To Redo In Procreate Using Gestures?
Follow the steps given below to redo the changes made in the application using finger gestures.
The Redo gesture on the Procreate application is done with three fingers. All you have to do is, “Tap the screen in the application with three fingers”, this will Redo the recent changes in the drawing.
If you wish to Redo more than one change then, “Tap and hold the screen with two fingers”. This will keep on undoing the changes until you lift your finger.
What If You Want To Make Changes To The Drawing For Trial?
If you are not sure about the new changes and want to check how the new changes will look on your drawing then you can use the layer option. Well, worry not to follow the steps given below to add layers to your drawing.
- Open the Procreate application and start drawing.
- You can also open the previous drawing from the gallery.
- Now, click on the layer option “two sheets”.
- This will provide you with the layer on the drawing.
Also Read, Best Art and Design Apps in 2021
As we said, that you cannot undo the changes after you have saved or exited the Procreate application. But, there is a way that will help to make changes in the version history of the application. For this, you have to save your drawing after every new change to the drive. So, basically, you can download the older version and start making changes and discard the one with the new changes.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. How To Undo In ProCreate After Closing?
As we know that Procreate does not save the version history. So, it is difficult to undo in Procreate after closing. But, it isn’t impossible. All you have to do is create a backup of your changes. To do this you can share the recent changes made in the drive.
Q. How To Undo Stack In Procreate?
Follow the steps given below to Undo Stack in Procreate.
- Start by tapping on the existing stack in the procreate application.
- Tap and hold it and swipe it to the left.
- Drag it to the Folder name, present on the top right corner of the screen.
- You have undone the stack in the Procreate application.