Kodi is the media player and is the player system that we are pretty much sure does not require an introduction. However, if you are not aware of this app then, let us brief you about it. Kodi is an open-source media center software or home entertainment system which was earlier known as XBMC (Xbox Media Centre). Now, there are many users who have downloaded Kodi on their PC but don’t know how to use Kodi on PC. Are you one of them? If so, then you have come to the right place.
Kodi is a very powerful software that has the ability to open almost all kinds of image formats, audio, and video. Moreover, you will also be able to stream movies, shows, live TV and so much more. You definitely don’t want to miss out on these. Do you? Similarly, the Kodi app also helps you to organize all your media in a streamlined way. One that will support different kinds of official as well as third-party add-ons.
So now, coming back to your question on how to use Kodi on PC? Well, if you want to use the Kodi app on your PC you first have to download and install Kodi on your PC. There are many options as well as features that might be a l’il overwhelming. So, if you have installed the app on your device and are now feeling lost as to how to use this app, then we are here for your rescue.
Below we have listed how you will be able to use the Kodi on your PC with ease. So, you will have to read below which will guide you on how you can use Kodi on PC.
How To Download Kodi On PC?
Before we discuss how to use Kodi on PC, we first need to know how you can install the Kodi app on your PC device. So, let’s take a look at how you can download the Kodi on your PC.
Well, one of the best things about Kodi is that this is available on all the platforms like Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Linux, Raspberry Pi, and many more. So, let’s discuss how you can download Kodi on your PC with Google Play Store.
- First, open the PC and then, choose the launcher option.
- Next, select the up arrow and then open the Google Play Store.
- Search for the Kodi app in the search box. When you find the Kodi in the search result you have to tap on the install button.
- Your Kodi app has been successfully downloaded.
Related: How To Change Kodi Wallpaper | Customize It In Your Own Style
How To Use Kodi On PC?
Now that you have downloaded the Kodi app on your PC, it’s time to discuss how to use Kodi on PC. are you ready for it? Let’s get started.
1. User Interface
The Kodi interface may not seem to be really easy or modern but we can assure you that it is very functional. On the homepage of Kodi, you will find sections for videos, systems, pictures, music, and programs. You can just hover over each of these sections and you will find more options like add-ons, files, settings, system info, and many more. You will find the power menu, search field, and settings at the top right-hand side of the menu. When you scroll down the side menu in the bottom left you will find your favorite and weather button.
Related: Top 8 Benefits of Owning an Amazon Firestick
2. Create Many Profiles
On the homepage of Kodi, you will find many sections as well as a sub-section for music, pictures, program, videos, and systems. Before you go to the settings page and play with different options, you need to create a profile or you can even lock your master profile. In this way, no one will get access to your private content collection.
You can do this by going to the settings tab followed by the profiles tab. Here you will be able to enable the login screen and at the same time lock to lock preferences of the profile.
3. Check All Settings
Now, you have to go to the different settings options. Below you will find what each of these options has to offer you.
- Appearances: In this section, you will be able to change the skin of the Kodi interface so that you can give it all together with a new look. You will be able to select from different skins or if you want then you can even download new Kodi skins. If you want then you can even change the fonts, and sounds, start up the window and edit the RSS feed. Scroll down and you will also be able to change the language, regions, screensaver, and lots more.
- Add-ons: If you want to use Kodi extensively then you will be visiting the add-ons settings page almost all the time. In this section, you will get the option to install different add-ons from the Zip files or repositories.
- Services: If you want to stream your Kodi content on your PC or if you want to control your Kodi system through a smartphone then you can do that as well.
- System: In the system settings you will find many important actions. Here you will be able to configure the video as well as the audio output. You can enable the power-saving mode, set up a master lock, and many more.
Related: How To Connect Firestick To Mobile Hotspot?
So, this is how to use Kodi on PC. It is pretty easy to use though it seems to be a bit difficult at the beginning. But this guide will surely make things easier for you. If you have any questions, you can reach us in the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How To Install Official Kodi Add-Ons?
Here are a few steps that will help you to install the official Kodi add ons
- Go to the settings menu and click on the add-ons options. Now, tap on the install from repository option.
- Here you will be able to find various add-on categories like music, subtitles, videos, lyrics, etc.
- Go to the add-on type and for eg; there you can click on the video add-ons and then tap on the add-on of your choice. Then, click on the install button. Now, your add-on will get downloaded and you will also get the add-on enabled notification.
Q. Is Kodi On PC Legal?
Yes, using the Kodi app on your PC is very much legal. If you use any third-party add-on, then only you can raise the questions about illegality as the third-party add-on contains the pirated content.