Last Updated on 4 months by Shubham Attri
Are you a social media maniac? Have you heard about Snapchat app? Do you love taking photos on Snapchat? On Snapchat, you can take snaps, send them to your friends, set Snapchat stories, and many more. Many times users face problems in loading their older snaps. Do you know how to view old snaps in Snapchat?
When you do not find the old snaps on Snapchat, it is because Snapchat has a unique feature that makes it different from the other social media platforms. The snaps that you send on this platform will disappear automatically once you see them. And if you take a screenshot of the snaps then your friends will get a notification about the same.
Yes, Snapchat is actually a little bit complicated when it comes to security. At times you do wish to see the moments and the snaps that you have shared on Snapchat. Isn’t it? But, you may not be able to see them. So, do you want to know how to view old snaps in Snapchat that you have deleted?
Well, if you are searching for the answers on how you can view the old snaps then you have come to the right place. Here, we will discuss some ways by which you can see the old snaps with ease. So, let’s take a look at them.
Snapchat Deletes Your Snaps Permanently
The Snapchat team says that after the snaps get expired or you view them then the snaps will get deleted permanently. Whenever you share the snaps with your friends, then it will first go to the Snapchat server and then the receiver receives it. Also, your snaps will get stored in the cache of your system and are actually not deleted. But with the help of these few steps, you will know that the snaps are saved on your device.
- Screenshot: When your friend sends you a snap, you can easily save that snap on your device just by taking a screenshot. But whenever you take a screenshot, your friend will get notified about the same.
- Story: When you upload a story you can send it to a live story or to a local store. When you do this you let Snapchat save your story that you can watch whenever you want to.
- Memories: You can try to save the snaps in the memories section which is an archive. This will help you to get access to your snaps as and when you need them.
How To View Old Snaps In Snapchat On Android?
Let’s get to know how to view old snaps in Snapchat on an Android device here are a few things that you need to do:
How To View Old Snaps In Snapchat On Android Using Computer?
- Connect your phone with the computer using a USB cable. Let the computer access the files that are on your phone.
- Look for the Android system folder. Enter the folder and choose the data.
- Now in the data folder, you need to tap on com.Snapchat.android folder.
- Inside this folder, you need to search for the file that has .nomedia extension, files that will have the extension that is hidden in your phone.
- After you get the file, rename it by just removing the .nomedia extension. In this way, you can get to see old snaps.
How To View Old Snaps In Snapchat On Android With Cache Files?
Every app that is installed on your Android device will have a cache folder. This cache folder stores data on your folder. With the help of the cache folder, you can view old snaps easily:
- Open the file manager on your device.
- Look for the Android folder.
- In the Android folder, you need to look for the data folder.
- Inside the data folder, you need to search for Snapchat cache folder named com.Snapchat.android and then open it.
- Look for the cache folder. Inside the cache folder, you need to go to received then the image and followed by snaps folder.
- In this folder, you will find all your deleted or old snaps. You can retrieve these snaps.
How To View Old Snaps In Snapchat On An iOS Device?
To know how to view the old snaps in Snapchat on an iOS device here are a few easy peasy steps that you need to follow:
How To View Old Snaps In Snapchat On An iOS Device With iCloud?
If you use iPhone and do have a backup of the Snapchat messages on your iCloud which you can easily retrieve the old snaps. But you can even opt for automatic iCloud sync.
- On your iOS device, open the Settings app.
- Click on the general option.
- Press the reset button. Then go to the Erase all content followed by the settings option.
- Restart your iOS device and then press on the option that says restore from iCloud backup. You will find this option in the apps and data menu.
- Now choose the Snapchat folder to see the old snaps.
How To View Old Snaps In Snapchat On An iOS Device Using UltData?
With the help of UltData you can view the old snaps using these steps:
- Open the UltData.
- Connect your device to your laptop or computer with a USB cable.
- Choose the type of data that you want to recover. Now press the start button.
- Press the option that says recover data from the iOS device. You will find this option on the upper left-hand side corner of the screen.
- After you complete the scanning process, you will find a list of all the recovered files that you can see on the screen and these files will have thumbnails.
- You can even preview these files and search for the snaps that you want to see.
- Choose the files and then start the process to retrieve the old snaps. Click on the receiver button and your files will get saved to the location where you want to be.
Hope this post has helped you to answer questions on how to view old snaps in Snapchat. We have mentioned ways to view the old Snapchats on Snapchat for both iOS as well as Android users. If you found the information helpful, then do share it with your friends.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can You Repost A Snap That Is In Your Memories On Snapchat?
Yes, you can absolutely repost the snaps that you find in your memories on Snapchat. To find the snaps that are in your memories in your Snapchat you just need to click on them. Next, you will have to click on the arrow icon which you will find at the bottom right-hand side of the screen.
Q. Can You Recover Deleted Snapchat Memories?
Yes, you can! The selected Snapchat photos or videos will remain in the recently deleted folder. You just need to open that folder and check whether you can recover them or not. But if you see that you cannot then look for the items that you want to recover you will have to make an iPhone Snapchat recovery from the available backup file you have.