While stalking someone on Instagram through stories of that person, it’s crucial to keep in mind that the person who posted the story is able to see you in the list of viewers and find out that you’ve viewed their Instagram stories. Usually, this should not cause any trouble to you until you are their enemy or vice versa, or maybe you want to view their stories anonymously. So why make you wait more, let’s find out how to view someone’s Instagram story without them knowing.
We have a few different methods through which you will be able to view the desired person’s Instagram story without letting the poster reveal that you were also on the list. However, every method has its own measure of success.
To learn how to view someone’s Instagram story without them knowing follow: Search the Profile >>> Open the Profile >>> Tap on the Story to Pause it >>> Slowly Swipe the Story >>> Story appears as sides of a 3D box >>> Don’t Swipe all the way. That’s it, it was the first method through which you can view the story anonymously. What? Leaving! Seems like you don’t wanna know more methods. What if it doesn’t work?
See, that’s why we always say, stick to the end of the post. Because half knowledge is harmful. So, that’s why, come with us, learn and explore as much as you can. Waiting for what? More intro? No! Hop to the main content of how to view someone’s Instagram story without them knowing.
Is It Possible To Watch Someone’s Instagram Story Anonymously?
When a user uploads a story on Instagram in 2021, Instagram is used to notify the user, who has viewed their stories. But a few times, you need to view a story without letting the user know. No matter what reasons one has.
But now, in 2022 there are plenty of ways that one can watch any Instagram user’s story without being listed in their viewer’s list. They’ll be unaware that you are watching their stories because you would not view their stories directly, hence Instagram would not detect you as a viewer of that user. The methods which are being used to execute this are never identified by Instagram, so there’s nothing to worry about.
If you have viewed someone’s Instagram story by mistake and you don’t wanna let them know that you have viewed it, this situation can make your presence on their list more awkward. So to make this situation less awkward, either you have to remove yourself from their list or don’t come up in the first place on the list.
How To View Someone’s Instagram Story Without Them Knowing?
Here are the methods on how to view someone’s Instagram story without them knowing:
Method 1: Swipe Back Method
This method has an advantage because of the interface of the application that lets you swipe between the different user’s stories.
Here’s what you have to do:
- Search for that specific User’s Account whose story you want to watch secretly.
- Open the Profile of that user.
- Click on the Story to Pause it, and then carefully Swipe in any direction.
- Next, it’ll appear as the adjacent side of a 3D box.
- Be aware that you do not have to swipe all the way, or else the user will get to know that you have viewed their story.
The only big drawback of this method is that you only see the first story of that user and also you won’t be able to view videos. Another issue is that it’s very easy to swipe all the way by mistake and then the whole procedure will be wasted. Also, it won’t let you take screenshots of any Instagram story.
Method 2: Use The Third Party App Or The Website Method
This method needs access to a different website or application. Watching stories through these apps doesn’t get caught by Instagram, so the users won’t get to know that you’ve been stalking them through stories. But use this third-party software at your own risk.
- Desktop: Head to storiyig.com and search for the user through their IG username. If their profile is public, you’ll be able to view and download all the current stories of that user.
- iPhone: Install the Story Reposter application and Sign-Up. Search for the user in the search bar and click on the folder with their Instagram Stories.
- Android: Download the Story Saver Application and log in. Search for the user’s account using the search icon in the top right corner, you’ll be able to view their Stories in a feed form.
This method needs a little bit of extra effort, but it’s also more secure, and makes the process much easier, even downloading and saving stories.
Method 3: Anonymous Instagram Account
The most useful and foolproof method is to view someone else’s Instagram story without making them aware that you are one of their viewers. To do so, you’ve to create a fake account and follow them to view their Instagram stories.
Follow these simple steps to create an anonymous Instagram account:
- Launch the Instagram application on your smartphone and tap and hold on your Profile icon.
- Click on Add Account and select the Create New Account option.
- Enter your Preferred Username for this anonymous Instagram account.
- Enter a Strong Password for this new Instagram account.
- Insert your Details like DOB and Complete Sign-Up Procedure to end setting up this new account.
- On the next tab, add your Profile Picture and Bio.
- Start following the user whose story you want to watch by clicking on the Follow button.
- Start Viewing their story as one of their followers.
- You quickly Shuffle between your accounts by Long Pressing the Profile icon.
That’s all for how to view someone’s Instagram story without them knowing.
We all are familiar with the best part of Instagram stories is that we can view who saw our story and the worst part is that others know when we’ve watched their stories. Until now, that was the undoubted nature of the story viewing. But no more, because it’s pretty simple to trick Instagram and watch someone else’s story anonymously through the methods we’ve mentioned above.
We hope that now you have less to view someone’s story secretly. Let us know if this post has helped you in executing the same or if you’ve any questions, drop all of them in the comment box.
Q1. How To Delete Your Instagram Account?
Ans. LogIn to your Instagram account through the Instagram website, go to Instagram’s Delete Your Account page, select the reason for deleting the account from the drop-down menu, enter your Password and click on Permanently Delete My Account.
Q2. What Happens When You Block Someone On Instagram?
Ans. If you block someone, then your name will be cut off from the list of users who viewed their stories. The other user cannot find you or your account on Instagram, they cannot text or call you. Your account will be lost for them.