Suppose you are enjoying a video on YouTube and suddenly an Ad interrupts in between. How would you feel? Irritated. We all admit Ads are irritating. But, not all of us know that there are various tricks that will help you to watch Ad-Free YouTube videos. Let us find them.
YouTube is unarguably the best Social media streaming platform of all time. The application was launched in the year 2005 and has come a long way since then. The thing that has changed the most is the number of advertisements on the application. It started with no ads at all and now you have to watch two before watching any video. So, here we are with the article on “How To Watch Ad-Free YouTube Video”.
Tips to watch Ad-Free YouTube videos are
- Alter the URL
- Install the AD Blocker
- Use a VPN
- Upgrade To YouTube Premium
- YouTube Vanced
Next in the article, you will encounter the step-to-step guide for the tricks given above. We have tried all these methods ourselves and found them 100 percent working.
Watch Ad-Free YouTube Video
Ads help the platforms to generate revenue. But, this revenue generation by the application can be irritating for the users. But, not anymore, let us start with the tricks to watch Ad-free YouTube Videos.
1. Alter The URL
Starting with the easiest trick to Watch ads-free YouTube videos, all you have to do is add a simple dot (.) in the URL at the right place. Don’t worry, we will tell you how to do it. Just follow the steps given below to enjoy the ad-free videos on YouTube.
- Open the browser of your choice on your PC or mobile phone.
- Now, type the name of the video you wish to see.
- Now, as the video is being opened in your browser. You have to quickly change its URL.
- For example, if the URL of the video you are playing is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMSBZnhc0hY
- Add a (.) after the “.Com” in the URL and your video will run ads free.
- So, your new URL would be
2. Installing The Ad Blocker
One of the best ways to remove the ads from the YouTube video is installing the ads blocker. There are different ad blockers available for the different browsers that will serve the purpose. First, we will be looking at some of the best Adblockers for the purpose, then we will move to “How to install them”.
uBlock Origin: It is the first choice of the users when it comes to blocking unwanted ads on the websites as well as YouTube. The extension is available for both firefox and chrome users.
Adblock Plus: AdBlock Plus is another name on the list of the best adblockers. The filtering list of the extension makes it one of a kind.
Ghostery: Ghostery’s built-in ad blocker removes ads from the web page to eliminate the mess so that you can focus on the content easily.
AdGuard: This adblocker blocks the ads not only from the YouTube videos but also from the Facebook account.
AdBlocker Ultimate: This is the updated version of the Adblocker and is free to use. The blocker even bocks the whitelisted ads and malware.
How To Install The Adblocker?
If you wish to install these adblockers on your chrome browser. Follow the steps given below.
- Search for these adblocker’s extensions and open them in the Chrome Webstore.
- Now, navigate to the option “Add To Chrome” and click on it.
- This will install the extension on your web browser.
- After that click on the extension button on google chrome. You will find it on the top right corner of the screen.
- From the drop down list that appears click on the pin option against the name of the adblocker.
- Restart the chrome application and open the YouTube website.
- You will be able to watch the ad-free YouTube videos now.
3. How To Add Ad blocker Extensions In Mobile Phone
The method provided above is only applicable to the desktop version of chrome. What if you wish to use the ad-block extensions on your Android devices. Well, you can access these ad-blocking extensions on mobile devices as well. As you have to do is download the Yandex browser. This browser allows the chrome webstore to run on its platform. Here are the steps involved in the process.
- Go to the Google Play store and search for the browser “Yandex”.
- Download and install it on your device.
- After the browser is downloaded on your phone, open it and search for chrome.google.com/webstore. This will open the webstore.
- Now, search for the extension in the search box and install it on the device.
- Now, in the Yandex browser open the YouTube website and enjoy ad-free YouTube videos.
4. Use VPN For Ad-Free YouTube Videos
It doesn’t matter which platform you are using for streaming YouTube videos. If you are using the VPN services. VPN stands for Virtual Proxy Network, it changes the network location of your device.
Enabling VPN on your device will disable the YouTube ads without buying the premium. Follow the steps given below to install and use the VPN on your device.
- Go to the Google Playstore on your device and search for “VPN” in the search box.
- Now, select the VPN you wish to download.
- Hit the “Install” button, this will download and install the VPN application on your device.
- Now open the application, and accept the terms and conditions of the application.
- Navigate to the button “Connect” and click on it.
- You have connected your server to the VPN.
Note: Using VPN not only helps you in accessing the ad-free YouTube videos but also helps in removing the geo-restrictions on various videos.
5. Upgrade To YouTube Premium
If you are willing to spend some penny to get rid of the irritating YouTube ads then the best way is to upgrade to YouTube Premium. The service is available for a three-month free trial. After three months of the free trial, you need to pay $11.99 per month for the premium to continue.
Well, if you want to enjoy the YouTube premium for a year then you need to have four different Gmail accounts. Login with a new Gmail after every 3 months.
6. YouTube Alternative For Ad-Free Videos – YouTube Vanced
The best way to ignore the YouTube videos is to switch to another application that offers the same features. Have you heard about YouTube Vanced, this application provides the same interface as the YouTube application and the plus point is the videos streamed runs ads free.
We hope now you are clear with the tricks on How to Watch Ad-Free YouTube Video. We have mentioned all the possible ways to do so. If you find this article helpful then do share it with your friends and help them in skipping the irritating ads on the YouTube application.
Featured Image Source: Suara.com