Last Updated on 3 months by Shubham Attri
For the past few days, there are many Snapchat users who are facing issues that their Snapchat temporarily disabled when they are trying to log in. If you too are getting this error, then you may find this error message weird. If so, then you need not worry, coz this post is going to help you out.
Even though you have entered the correct login information you may get the error message due to repeated failed attempts or other unusual activity, your access to Snapchat is temporarily disabled. This is not a fresh complaint as there are many users who have observed this error in the past few months.
Though this error was fixed now it is again going the rounds and yet again users are getting the error message Snapchat temporarily disabled. But fortunately, this is a temporary ban and users have tried out some fixes that will help them to fix this issue.
We have discussed the fixes that you can try if you get this ban error message. So, all you have to do is scroll down a bit and you will find detailed information. So, let’s not waste any more time and quickly get started.
What To Do If Access To Snapchat Temporarily Disabled?
Let us know why is Snapchat Temporarily Disabled. It can be really frustrating when you are trying to log in to your Snapchat account and you have received the error message “due to repeated failed attempts Snapchat, your access to snapchat is temporarily disabled.”. This error message that you get actually doesn’t make any sense.
If you are facing issues accessing Snapchat, then here are a few steps that will help you out.
- If you see that your Snapchat account has been temporarily disabled, then it is better that you try to unlock it by selecting the unlock option.
- Don’t worry the good news is that the restriction is at the device level and not at the account level. Hence, you can log in to your account using a different device.
- If you don’t want to log in with a different device, then you can wait till Snapchat unlocks your account.
This error actually happens mostly to those people who use more than one Snapchat account from the same device. Switching from one account to another frequently can actually result in a temporary lockout of the account. So, if you don’t want this to happen in the future then make sure that you only use one Snapchat account on each device.
How Long Does Snapchat Temporarily Disable Your Account?
If you get a message that says that your Snapchat account is temporarily locked then you can try to log back in through the app or on the web and then choose the unlock option.
If you try this method and your account is still locked then we suggest that you wait for 48 hours before you try to log in again on your Snapchat account. It seems like it takes 2 days that Snapchat temporarily disabled your account. If you see that you are not able to log in after 48 hours, then you have to get in touch with Snapchat support.
Why Is Your Snapchat Temporarily Disabled?
Well, there might be many reasons why your Snapchat Temporarily Disabled. Here we have listed some of the reasons why it might be disabled.
- It could be that you have violated the terms of service or community guidelines of Snapchat.
- Your account might be blocked so that it prevents hackers from using the account for evil things.
- It could be that you have missed or disregarded the email that you have received regarding changing your password. Snapchat may suspend your account if they think your account has been hacked.
- It could be that you are using illegal third-party apps.
- You may have added many friends to your Snapchat account.
How To Fix Snapchat Temporarily Disabled?
Let’s take a look at some of the fixes that will help you to enable your Snapchat account.
- Uninstall any third-party apps. Your account may be disabled by Snapchat since your device has third-party Snapchat apps. You have to delete these apps from your device and then log in again to your Snapchat account.
- You can even fix the Snapchat Temporarily Disabled issue by directly contacting Snapchat. So, in your web browser go to Snapchat support.
- Then, click on the option that says contact us on the webpage.
- Now, from the menu bar, you have to select the “my account login” option.
- From the option that says Oh no! tell us more, you have to select the option my account was hacked.
- Now, from the page, an option will appear that needs help with something else. Choose yes.
- Add in your account details which include your email ID in the box given.
- Write a message that states your issues with the Snapchat account.
- Click on send option and then wait for the response from Snapchat.
How to Prevent Your Account from Being Temporarily Disabled in the Future?
To prevent your Snapchat account from getting temporarily disabled, there are a few things you should keep in mind. Firstly, make sure to follow Snapchat’s community guidelines and rules. These are in place to make sure everyone is using the app in a safe and respectful way. Secondly, don’t use any third-party apps to access Snapchat as this is against their rules and can be risky for your account. Lastly, keep your account secure by using a strong and unique password, never sharing your login details with anyone, and being careful when logging in from public computers. By following these tips, you can help ensure the safety and longevity of your Snapchat account.
So, this is all about Snapchat Temporarily Disabled. We have mentioned a few steps that will help you easily fix the disabled Snapchat account. the fixes that we have mentioned are really easy to follow. If you have any questions, you can reach us in the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What Happens When You Temporarily Disable Your Snapchat Account?
when you disable your Snapchat account on your device then even though the app will remain disabled but all your data will be saved. If you enable Snapchat your account will be backed up and the photos or videos that you have received or sent while it was disabled will still be there. But if you delete your account, then all your data will be lost forever.
Q. How To Tell If Someone Deleted You On Snapchat?
If you are on Snapchat and have lost your account then the first thing that you do is sign up for a new one. If you have already done this and your old account is still missing the next steps will be to check your message. If you don’t see any message from your old account then it may be that they have deleted it.