Congratulations! Your eCommerce website is live, and you’ve started to get a few orders. But what now? How do you take your online store from a few weekly sales to hundreds or thousands of sales?
E-commerce sales are the process of buying and selling goods and services over the internet. E-commerce has rapidly grown in recent years, as people with access to the internet and mobile devices are more and increasing.
In this article, we’ll explore some tips and tricks that will increase your eCommerce sales. By the end of this article, you’ll have a solid plan for how to take your business to the next level.
Have A Responsive Website
A responsive website is a website that is designed to work on all devices, from desktop computers and laptops to mobile phones and tablets. This is important because over 50% of internet traffic comes from mobile devices.
If your website is unresponsive, you could be losing out on a lot of sales. Below are a few tips for making your website responsive:
- Get a reliable host: Your host is responsible for a wide range of things, including speed and uptime. A good host will ensure your website is always up and running, even in traffic spikes. Also, get a scalable WooCommerce hosting that can grow with your business.
- Use a responsive theme: A responsive theme is a pre-designed template that automatically adjusts to fit any screen size. This is a great option if you don’t have the time or resources to design a responsive website from scratch.
- Consider using AMP: Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) is an open-source framework that allows you to create fast, lightweight pages for mobile devices. It uses a simplified version of HTML (called AMP HTML) and is designed to load faster than traditional web pages.
- Optimize your images: Large images can make your website slow to load. Optimize your images for the web so they load quickly.
- Use a caching plugin: A caching plugin stores a static version of your website on the server, which reduces load times for visitors. This is a great option if you have a lot of images or videos on your site.
Focus On Brand Awareness
Brand awareness is one of the most important factors in driving sales. If potential customers don’t know that your website exists, they can’t buy from you!
There are a few different ways to increase brand awareness for your eCommerce website. They include:
- Have a strong social media presence: Social media should be one of your main channels for promoting your brand. Make sure you are active on all the major platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.) and that you are regularly posting engaging content.
- Paid advertising: Paid advertising is a great way to reach new customers. platforms like Google AdWords and Facebook Ads allow you to target potential customers with laser precision.
- Make sure your website is optimized for search engines: This is known as Search Engine Optimisation (SEO). There are a lot of factors that go into SEO, but some of the most important ones are making sure your website is mobile-friendly, having keyword-rich content, and writing quality content.
Partner with influencers: Influencer marketing is a great way to reach new markets. Find influencers in your industry with a large following on social media or YouTube, and partner with them to promote your products or website.
Offer Great Customer Service
Customer service is important for any business, but it’s especially important for eCommerce businesses. Because you are selling products online, customers can’t physically see or touch the items before they purchase them. This can lead to a lot of buyer’s remorse if they are not happy with the product when they receive it.
To combat this, you need to make sure your customer service is top-notch. Respond to customer inquiries quickly and efficiently, and go above and beyond to solve problems. If you do this, you’ll not only keep existing customers happy, but you’ll also increase the chances of referrals and positive reviews.
Offer Free Shipping When Possible
Shipping is one of the most important factors in driving sales for an eCommerce website. In fact, statistics show that 63% of shoppers abandon their carts because of high shipping costs.
To combat this, offer free shipping when possible. If you can’t offer free shipping outright, consider offering it for orders over a certain amount or for customers who are loyalty program members.
Additionally, you can partner with local stores so that customers can pick up their orders in-store. This eliminates the need for shipping!
Use Scarcity and Urgency Tactics
Scarcity and urgency are powerful sales tactics that can be used to increase conversions. By creating a sense of urgency, you can encourage customers to buy now instead of later.
There are a few different ways to do this:
- Offer limited-time discounts: This could be a percentage off for a limited time, free shipping for a certain number of days, or anything else that incentivizes customers to buy now.
- Use stock countdowns: If you are selling a product that is in high demand, let customers know how many are left in stock. This creates a sense of urgency and encourages them to buy before the product runs out.
- Offer time-sensitive bonuses: Consider an exclusive offer for customers who purchase within a certain time frame. For example, you can offer a free ebook or product sample with every purchase made in the next 24 hours.
By using these tactics, you can increase the sense of urgency and encourage customers to buy now rather than later.
Incentivize Customers with Discounts and Deals
One of the best ways to increase sales is to offer discounts and deals on your products. This includes a percentage off certain items, free shipping for orders over a certain amount, or anything else that encourages customers to buy.
You can also offer discounts for loyalty program members or for customers who sign up for your email list. This is a great way to increase sales and grow your customer base.
Many research reports from top experts, E-commerce sales have been projected to continue their grow in the coming times, with many business outputs expanding their online presence and more consumers switching to online shopping.