Micro SD card and TransFlash memory card are the same, right? Or are they different? I was so confused regarding these two almost alike micro cards until I found out that there are some features that make them different from each other. What is a TransFlash Card and How is it different from a Micro SD Card? If you’re reading this post right now, let me assure you that all your queries regarding TransFlash Card vs Micro SD Card are explained here!
Like we know a Micro SD Card or what we commonly call a memory card is used for external storage features in our smartphones. But very few of us know about TransFlash Cards. Both these micro cards are similar but have some dissimilarities too. Confusing, right? Don’t worry, all your doubts will be cleared here.
How will you distinguish two similar things that perform almost the same functions? But when I say that it means there are some differences between the two. Originally derived as TransFlash and later termed as Micro SD Card has so many similarities and differences that are discussed below. One main difference between the two is the storage capacity which for Micro SD Card is up to 2TB while that for TransFlash Card is just 128 GB.
Which one should you be using for your basic storage needs and which one suits you best for professional purposes? We have disclosed many similarities and differences between the TF and Micro SD Card. Have a look.
What is a TransFlash Card and How Is It Different From a Micro SD Card?
In 2004 Sandisk and Motorola jointly came up with TransFlash Card, also known as Micro SD Card to help you with storage purposes. Such a life savior!!
Is your SD Card no working properly? Read How To Fix SD Card Won’t Read!
Do you face the problem of your device storage running out? Well, Micro SD Cards are made to save you from a storage crisis.
What distinguishes TransFlash Card from Micro SD Card is the size. TransFlash card is the smallest memory card in simple terms that comes with a dimension of (11x15x1mm).
Similarities Between TransFlash Card and Micro SD Card
- Both are the same as both are memory storage cards.
- The specifications for both TF Card and Micro SD Card are the same, like shape, size, even color.
- Furthermore, both TF Card and Micro SD Card have the same storage capacity range from the smallest range of 128 MB to high ranges like 6GB, 8GB,16, and 32GB.
- Talking about compatibility, both the cards are equally compatible.
Difference Between TransFlash and Micro SD Card
- Micro SD Cards can perform various other functions other than memory storage such as they can support SDIO9 mode. This makes them work as Bluetooth, Near field communication like in Headphones and GPS tracker for the short field as well as Satellites.
On the other hand, TransFlash Card can’t perform any such function other than memory storage.
- As we know TransFlash Card was the starting name for Micro SD Cards. Micro SD Cards are still available in the market easily whereas it is hard to find the original TransFlash Memory Cards now.
- Micro SD Cards have various ranges in storage capacity like 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 6GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB and 2TB. Whereas the TransFlash can support up to 128GB only.
- TF Card and Micro SD Card have different sets of dimensions. You can use the same slot for inserting Micro SD Card as that for TF Card but you can’t do the vice versa.
Also, have a look at Best Photo Repair Tools – WonderShare Repairit.
Which One is a Better Choice between TransFlash Card vs Micro SD Card?
There is a clear-cut winner in this TransFlash Card vs Micro SD Card game. Why would anyone go for any other choice when they are getting great storage capacity along with SDIO communication feature all in one card i.e. Micro SD Card.
If you need a memory card just for the higher storage performance, then Micro SD Card is the best choice for you.
Also, if you want to ensure your device’s security then also Micro SD Card takes the first spot due to its protection switch availability. This means you can enable the lock switch on SD Card and all your data is safe. No other person can make changes to the data stored in the Micro SD Card. Whereas this feature is lagging in TF cards.
Another thing to consider while choosing the right card for you is the usage of both cards with different devices. The Micro SD Card is used in Mobile phones, headphones, laptops cameras, etc and the TF Card is used in dashcam and mobile phones.
To Wrap Up:
Hope you have gathered enough information on what is a TransFlash Card and How is it different from a Micro SD Card! By looking at all the similarities and differences between the two you can easily choose the one that best suits your requirements.
Do share this post with all your friends and family and let them know the basic difference between the two as well. For any other query regarding TransFlash Card vs Micro SD Card do reach out in the comments section below. We would love to put informative outputs for your queries!
Featured Image Credits: www. primusadvertore.com