Did you recently change your job or did you get a promotion in your company? Whatever it is if you have got a promotion, then mate a bigggg congratulations from us on climbing the success ladder. It is your hard work that has paid off. Now, do you want to add your promotion on LinkedIn? Do, you know how to add promotion on LinkedIn? No, ahh ok, this post will help you.
Today social media platforms like LinkedIn plays a very important role. If you have been using LinkedIn for your profile or for a business profile, then you must be familiar with the achievements of people. Isn’t it? You will see everyday people add promotions on LinkedIn so that you can spread the word about their promotions.
So, if you too want to upgrade your LinkedIn profile to reflect your new job title but don’t know how to add promotion on LinkedIn, this post is just for you. Here, we will discuss a few easy steps by which you can add promotions on LinkedIn. Go to LinkedIn website > me icon > click on + sign > fill information > share with network > save.
That’s all. The steps are really easy to follow. We have mentioned all the steps below that you need to follow. So, let’s not waste any more time and quickly get started.
When Is The Best Time To Post A Promotion On LinkedIn?
Once you get a new job or get a promotion then the first thing that you may want to do is update your social media, especially your LinkedIn profile. But what we suggest is that you wait for some time and then, check with your new boss beforehand. But it is important that you know when is the best time to post a promotion on LinkedIn. We suggest that you should wait at least a week before you add your promotion on LinkedIn.
Then you need to understand your roles as well as your responsibilities fully. There are many who must be thinking why do you have to think so much before putting such a minor life update?
But it will help you if you think twice before you update it since once you update your job title to a new job position there will be consequences. Some people from your network will congratulate you and some will ask you questions. Though we don’t want that you think badly about it is always better that you think twice before you add your promotion. So, first, just be absolutely sure about the job, and then only you should add your promotion on LinkedIn.
How To Add Promotion On LinkedIn On PC Or Mac?
If you want to know how to add promotion on LinkedIn to your PC or Mac, then, here are a few steps that you need to follow.
- Log in to your LinkedIn account.
- Now, search and click on “me” icon which you will find in the upper right-hand side corner of the screen.
- Next, choose the option that says view profile.
- Look for the job that you would like to add to the promotion.
- Put the cursor over the pencil icon to the right-hand side of the job and then, click on it.
- Now, in the pop-up window change the name of your title in the first window.
- If you want to that your LinkedIn connection, be notified about your promotion then you can toggle on the option notify network button.
- Tap on the blue save button to update your profile.
How To Add Promotion On LinkedIn On A Mobile Device?
If you are using LinkedIn on your mobile device, then you need to follow these few steps that we have mentioned below.
- First, log in to your LinkedIn account.
- Now, find and then choose “me” icon on the upper right-hand side of the screen.
- Click on that option again and then, select the view profile option.
- Simply move your cursor over the pencil icon situated at the right-hand side of the job that you want to update and then click on it.
- Change the name of your title in the first window to your new job position.
- You can even share this notification about your promotion with your LinkedIn connection. To do so simply toggle on the notify network button.
- Now, save and update your profile by clicking on the save button.
How To Make Your Promotion Public?
It is important that you let others know about your promotion. This in turn will help to increase the value of your network and will give you the option to get more networking. If you want your existing networks to know about your promotion then simply toggle the notify network option before you hit save. This In turn will push the notification to the connection that you have made on LinkedIn about your new job title.
You can share your promotion by creating a post on your LinkedIn account. This post will be displayed on the feed of your connection and the users will follow you. The engagements in the status will push the post to more of your contacts and your profile to new professionals.
So, after reading this post you do know how to add promotion on LinkedIn. The steps that you need to follow are really easy. But before you update your promotion on the social media platform think twice before you update it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How To Know When Your Job Got Updated On LinkedIn?
On LinkedIn, you can easily create the post of your choice to announce your promotion and then you can even take a preview of the identical and schedule LinkedIn posts. Your promotion will get posted. Now, you can refresh the LinkedIn website or mobile app and you will get to see that your job got updated in the experience section.
Q. How Do I Notify A Promotion On LinkedIn?
the moment you update your promotion or the new job details on LinkedIn before the save option you will get to see another option on the screen. Then LinkedIn will ask you if you want to notify your connection about the new title. Select yes and move forward.