Sling TV is the first-ever App-based TV service for streaming on-demand programs and live TV shows over the internet. However, if Sling TV doesn’t satisfy you for any reason like the monthly cost for Sling TV Membership is slightly more expensive than other online streaming platforms if you have a low budget. So, you can easily cancel your Sling TV subscription within a few clicks.
A standard Netflix monthly subscription will cost you $13 per month, Disney+ will cost you $6.66 per month and Hulu costs $11.99 per month. Whereas, looking at the Sling TV prices that are between $30 to $45 per month. That becomes a quite obvious reason why someone wants to cancel his/her Sling TV Subscription.
If you have a regular membership or are on a free trial on Sling TV, you can easily cancel the Sling TV Subscription by following some basic steps. In this post, I have disclosed step by step procedures on:
- How to Cancel Sling TV Subscription.
- How to Cancel Your Sling TV Subscription over the Phone.
- How To Freeze Sling TV Subscription
- Plus, Sling TV alternatives.
Without any further ado, let’s get straight to the steps. If you have a regular subscription, you can keep using your account until the next pay circle. But if you were on a free trial, the streaming services would stop immediately.
Also Read, How To Cancel Your Amazon Prime Membership
How To Cancel Sling TV Subscription
If you’re looking for cheaper streaming services and wish to cancel your Sling TV account, then go ahead and follow these steps for account cancellation.
- First, go to Sling.com. Click on Sign in. Add your account details.
- As you are logged in to your account, in the top right-hand corner, click on the gear for settings. Go to “Manage Account”.
- Few options will pop up on the screen. You’ll find the option of “cancel subscription” there. Click on it.
- Sling TV App will attempt you to stay by flashing “learn more about Sling TV” on the screen. If you are not interested click on Cancel Subscription at the bottom.
- Now, you’ll be asked why you want to cancel your subscription? You can choose any reason you want.
- Next, you have to click on the “confirm the cancellation” option. And that’s it. You have successfully canceled your Sling TV Subscription.
How To Cancel Sling TV Membership Over Phone Call
It’s quite easy to cancel your Sling TV Subscription over a phone call. Just follow these basic steps and get your account canceled in no time.
- You simply need to reach out to any Sling TV agent and for that, you can give a call on 1-888-291-5217.
- An agent from the company will pick your call. Ask them if you want to cancel your Sling TV membership.
- Also, ask for a confirmation email from the agent.
- When they’ll close your account, you’ll get a confirmation email.
Can I Freeze My Sling TV Subscription Instead of Cancelling It?
Sometimes you might need a break from online streaming or are busy with some work due to which you can’t actively use your subscribed account. It feels like a wastage. In case you want to re-activate your account sometime later then there is an option to pause your Sling TV Subscription that you can choose for the time being if you are busy or unavailable.
You can easily freeze or pause your Sling TV Subscription for some days. Follow these simple steps to execute this:
- For this, you need to go to your account settings.
- Click on Cancel Subscription.
- Now click on the “pause my subscription” option.
- Your subscription will be paused.
*Note: You can pause your Sling TV Subscription for up to 1-3 months.
How do I cancel Sling TV through Amazon?
You can Cancel Your Subscribe with Amazon Subscription by following these simple steps:
- Go to Your Memberships and Subscriptions.
- Select Manage Subscription next to the subscription you’d like to cancel.
- Select the link under Advance Controls. The main subscription page opens. From here, you can end your subscription.
What is the cheapest Sling TV package?
Here are the prices of Sling TV packages:
|Sling TV Packages||Cost||Number of Channels|
|Sling Orange||$30 per month||32|
|Sling Blue||$30 per month||47|
|Sling Orange + Sling Blue||$45 per month||53|
Best Sling TV Alternatives
Everything has a replacement and so does your Sling TV. Here are the best ever Sling TV Alternatives that you can use for a better and cheaper streaming experience.
- Philo TV
- Fubo TV
Also Read, the List of 10 Best Free Netflix Alternatives of 2021
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Sling TV :
Can I cancel Sling TV at any time?
Yes, of course. As a subscriber to Sling TV, you are not bound to any restrictions or contract kinda things. That means you can cancel your subscription at any time.
How do I cancel Sling TV on the app?
Go to the Account Settings page. Click on Cancel Subscription. Choose a reason for canceling and press Continue. Select Cancel My Subscription.
What happens if you cancel a subscription before it expires?
When you cancel your subscription at the time of the annual or monthly cycle, your services remain active until your next billing cycle. Then, it gets canceled automatically. To reactivate your account you have to renew the services again.
How do I cancel my sling subscription on Roku?
Follow these steps in order to cancel your subscription on Roku:
#1 Go to the Roku website on your PC.
#2 Click Sign In and enter the Email, Password of your account.
#3 Move to My Account and tap Manage Your Subscriptions.
#4 Click the Sling TV app and tap Unsubscribe to cancel the subscription.
How much is Sling TV monthly?
Sling TV comes in three plans: Orange, Blue, and an Orange/Blue bundle. Orange and Blue each cost $35 a month, while the bundle costs $50 a month. As part of a special promotion, new members can get their first month of Orange or Blue for just $10.
Hope this guide was helpful for you to know how to cancel your Sling TV Subscription using a web browser or on a phone call. Also, you can pause the subscription for some time if you want. If you’re not satisfied with the app services, you can try out the Sling TV alternatives too. Good luck with streaming!!
Featured Image Credits: Cancellations & Refunds