There might be a time in your life when you just want to disconnect from your social media platform may be temporarily or permanently. There are many people who are actually deleting their Instagram accounts or any other social media platform so that they can live their lives and focus on their goals. Do you also want to delete your Instagram account? Do you know How To Delete Your Instagram Account in 2023?
Whether you are trying to protect your future job aspects by deleting social media or by reaching for your phone can be a little less and deleting the social media accounts can actually lead to a healthy lifestyle. You can either delete your Instagram account permanently or temporarily whichever you want to.
So, if you want to know How To Delete Your Instagram Account in 2023, then you have come to the right place. Here we will discuss a few easy steps that you need to follow which will help you to delete your Instagram account. However, before you delete the Instagram account make sure that you have saved all the important data.
All the photos, videos, and account history which includes the followers, likes, and comments will get removed. So, we suggest that it is better that you save them and then delete your account.
How to Save Your Instagram Data Before Deleting Your Account?
Before you out of frustration make a move to delete your Instagram account it is actually a good idea that you back up your Instagram data. You will not be able to back it later and you may have some really valuable photos, friends, and interactions. When you delete your Instagram account, then apart from your account getting deleted everything in it will get deleted which includes the likes, photos, comments, and friends. If you want to save your account data, then here are a few steps that you need to follow:
- Open the Instagram account and then click on the profile icon which you will find in the lower right-hand side corner of the screen.
- Click on the hamburger icon which is in the upper right-hand side corner of the screen.
- Now, you have to click on the settings option.
- Choose the security option and then you need to click on the download data option.
- Next, you have to enter your email address and then hit the request download button.
Within 48 Hours Instagram will email you the complete file of your profile to the email address which you have provided. This email will have every small detail which include profile information, photos, and comments that you may need to access in the future.
Even if you think that you will never need this data it is important that you make sure that the information is protected if ever you want to review it. If you don’t take these steps then your data will be lost and you will never get them back no matter how much you try.
Related: How To Find Reel Drafts On Instagram? 4 Ways To Find Draft Reels!
How To Delete Your Instagram Account In 2023?
If you have come here wondering how to delete Instagram account 2023? Well, then here is the guide for!! Now, it’s time that we get to know How To Delete Your Instagram Account in 2023. Are you ready to know what steps you need to follow to delete your Instagram account? If yes, then let us not waste any more time and quickly get started.
How To Delete Your Instagram Account In 2023 On PC?
If you want to know How To Delete Your Instagram Account in 2023 on your PC, then here are a few easy peasy steps you need to follow:
- From your computer’s browser go to the delete your account section. But if you are not logged in to your Instagram account then you first need to log in.
- Now, on this deletion page, you have to choose an option from the drop-down menu adjacent to the option that says Why are you deleting your account?
- Next, you again have to enter your Instagram password.
- Now, hit the option that says delete my account.
And ta-daaa!! That’s it. Your account will get deleted after 30 days. But this will be visible to anymore just after you submit the deletion request. If you change your mind in the future then you can log in again before the deletion date and keep your account. But after 30 days your account along with your data will get permanently deleted and there won’t be any recovery option either.
Related: How To Use Auto-Generated Captions For Instagram Videos To Get More Engagement?
How To Delete Your Instagram Account In 2023 On A Mobile Device?
You will not be able to delete or disable the Instagram account on your mobile app. But if you open Instagram on your browser on your phone then you will be able to delete them. Here are a few steps which you need to follow. The steps are similar to the web.
- On your mobile browser open the delete your account page on Instagram.
- Login with your details if you are not logged in.
- After logging in choose the reason for deleting your account from the given drop-down menu.
- Enter your password again and then click on delete my account.
- And that’s it your account will be deleted after 30 days. if you want then you can restore your account again within this time span.
Related: How To Save Or Share Any Trending Instagram Reels Audio With This Simple Hack
So, this is all about How To Delete Your Instagram Account in 2023. The steps are really easy to follow. However, make sure that you save your data before you delete your account. If you want then you can even retrieve your account after deleting it within 30 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can You Delete Your Child’s Instagram Account?
Well, you will not be able to delete your child’s Instagram account at least not if you don’t have the login information of the user. The policy of Instagram on account deletion does state that the account can only be deleted by the owner.
Q. How Long Does Instagram Keep Your Data After You Delete Your Account?
Q. Why Is There No Delete Account Option On Instagram?
In order to delete your Instagram account, you have to access your Instagram through a web browser on a mobile desktop. Strangely, the option was not available within the app. Instagram said that it is now rolling out the option within its iOS app. Previously, you could only deactivate your account from the app