It is recommended to use only one crypto wallet to make transactions. If you are willing to use multiple accounts, you need to log out first. If you are unaware of how to disconnect it, then here is a post on how to disconnect wallet from OpenSea.
OpenSea is one of the top marketplaces for buying and selling NFTs. OpenSea supports a lot of different digital wallets. You can make accounts in different crypto wallets. Every wallet has its own unique features and it is sometimes good to use multiple wallets. It will be beneficial to learn how to switch between them swiftly.
We will be discussing how to disconnect wallet from OpenSea. It is really easy, yet it seems tricky too. We will also take you through the step-by-step process of how to switch accounts.
So, without wasting time, let’s start.
How To Disconnect Wallet From OpenSea?
Are you using OpenSea from the wrong account and want to disconnect wallet from OpenSea? It is quite easy to do once you learn it. There are two ways of doing it. We will discuss the first one step-by-step.
- Go to the profile icon.
- Click on the dropdown menu.
- Click on log out.
The second method of how to disconnect wallet from OpenSea is Logging Out of OpenSea.
- Click on My Wallet.
- A wallet sidebar will appear.
- Click on the down arrow next to your profile name.
- Press log out.
Related: Multi-Cryptocurrency Wallet | Why You Should Own One?
How To Switch Your Crypto Wallet?
It is sometimes required to switch crypto wallets on your OpenSea account. You can do that easily by following the steps below.
- Go to the wallet sidebar.
- Click on the down arrow.
- Select the wallet you want to switch to.
How To Protect Your Wallet On OpenSeas?
Protection is the first priority of any NFT holder. Recently there have been several attacks on OpenSea which resulted in the loss of millions of dollars. Mostly privacy is breached while switching your wallet or logging into your wallet. Here are some important points to remember which hackers mostly use to attack.
The hacker makes and distributes harmful NFTs to the targeted victims.
- The victim saw a bad NFT, started popping up from the OpenSea storage domain, asked for a connection from the victim’s corrupt wallet
- The victim clicks to add their wallet and processes the donated NFT, thus gaining access to the victim’s wallet.
- Hackers can get funds in wallets by activating additional pop-ups, which are sent from the OpenSea storage domain.
- The affected person may click on the popup without reading the transfer description note.
OpenSea says it has not been able to identify any cases where the attackers have taken advantage of the damage, but they have been able to raise awareness and teach the community better surveillance practices and surveillance against fraud and phishing attempts.
The details came up today on an issue on the OpenSea platform that allowed hackers to hack user accounts and steal their respective cryptocurrency wallets. The method of attack is as simple as creating an NFT with a damaging payment and waiting to receive and see the prey.
Related: Best Multi-Cryptocurrency Wallet For Android | Top Wallets To Store Your Coins
How To Check If Your Wallet Is Compromised?
Keep a good check on the activity status.
Always keep changing your password.
If you find some suspicious device do not change the password of the account. As an OpenSea account requires a third-party cryptocurrency vault from a list supported by the platform. One of the most popular is Metamask, which was also chosen by researchers. Connecting to the wallet is for any action on the account, including liking the art in the system, which leads to the request to enter the wallet.
The OpenSea platform allows anyone to sell digital artwork, which can be up to 40MB files, with each of these extensions: JPG, PNG, GIF, SVG, MP4, WEBM, MP3, WAV, OGG, GLB. , And GLTF. Simply disconnect your wallet from the account. We always recommend using hardware wallets to secure your NFTs and cryptos.
Related: Best Crypto Digital Wallets | Which One You Should Own?
Here we conclude our post on how to disconnect wallet from OpenSea. It is always good to learn things early so that when things go wrong you can handle the situation easily. Moreover, hackers are really smart. Read carefully before clicking on any link or while logging into third-party software.
Keep exploring our website to know more about cryptos wallets.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How Do I Remove My Coinbase Wallet From OpenSea?
Here is how to log out of your profile.
The first requires you to navigate to the Profile icon on the top right of the screen, next to Create.
On the dropdown menu, press Log Out.
If you have logged out successfully, you will see a confirmation message in the bottom right of the OpenSea page.
Q2. How Do I Unlink MetaMask?
Disconnecting the MetaMask account is three easy steps/
- Click on the 3 dots button on the top right-hand corner within the Account view.
- In the expanded menu, click on Connected Sites.
- Click on the trash can button next to any sites you wish to disconnect from.
Q3. How Do I Change My Wallet On OpenSea?
Here is how you can change your wallet on OpenSea
- Log in to your OpenSea account you wish to change the wallet on.
- On your profile settings page, cut your username out of the username box.
- Click the round profile circle in the top right, and select log out.
- After logging out, you’re brought back to the connect wallet screen.