Netflix is one of the largest subscription services on this planet and has more than billions of Apple devices in your hands. However, this may be surprising that there is no Netflix app on the Mac. That’s really strange. But don’t worry, you can still download the movies on Netflix on Mac. And that’s what exactly this post on how to download movies on Netflix on Mac will tell you about.
Since, there is no Netflix app for Mac there are many paid subscribers who are not able to download their favorite series and movies and due to this reason, they are missing out on not being able to watch Netflix offline. If you do have Mac, then you need to pay for a Netflix subscription.
Now, coming back to your question on how to download movies on Netflix on Mac. Well, if you don’t know whether and how you can download movies on Netflix on Mac, then you have come to the right place. Here’s how you can do it. Make sure you have strong Wi-Fi > open the Netflix app > select movie or series > download.
Don’t worry, this is not all. You need to know what you need to do before you download movies on Netflix on Mac. All of them have been discussed below. So, just scroll down and follow the steps mentioned above.
Can You Download Netflix On Mac?
Well, before we discuss how to download movies on Netflix on Mac, let us know whether you can actually download Netflix on Mac or not. If you ask whether you can download Netflix shows on Mac or not then one thing that you need to remember is that even though there is no Netflix app for Mac there is one for the iOS device and for windows.
Though the only legal way by which you can download Netflix movies is through the Netflix app. There are some less legal solutions you will find online for how to download movies on Netflix on Mac.
If you actually have seen advertisements all over the internet that says that you will be able to download the Netflix app for Mac, then let me tell you they all are scam. Never believe them. Many times these tech traps involve installing malware on your Mac that in turn leaves your operating system looking like one from a horror movie.
However, if you have already downloaded any of this software earlier then your Mac may be already affected. So, it is important that you check your computer for viruses every now and then, a smart scan tool like CleanMyMac X will find and will destroy the malware and will leave your Mac healthy.
If you want to use the CleanMyMac X to remove malware, then here are a few steps that you need to follow.
- The first thing that you have to do is install and open the CleanMyMac X on your Mac.
- Now, you have to choose the malware removal which you will find at the top of the menu.
- Click on the scan.
- Now, to protect your Mac, you need to click on the remove button.
How To Download Movies On Netflix On Mac?
Let’s get to know how to download movies on Netflix on Mac. If you have already invested in apple technology and you do have an iOS device streaming via airplay is the best solution. Well, the iPhone and iPad both are iOS devices and will do the job.
How To Download Movies On Netflix On Mac Via Airplay?
Airplay actually works with the help of Wi-Fi that will connect the devices that are compatible with airplay together. So, this is where NetSpot which is the Mac’s Wi-Fi analyzer becomes useful since it has an ideal network planner. That’s because it has powerful and consistent Wi-Fi that will make sure that you get the best viewing experience without any kind of interruption. Here are a few steps which you need to follow:
- First, open the NetSpot app.
- Look for the most powerful Wi-Fi in your area and then keep your iOS device there.
- However, if the Wi-Fi is weak all around your place. Then you can use the NetSpot survey option so that you can plan out a better Wi-Fi network.
Now, if your Wi-Fi problem is solved then you can move on to streaming from your iOS device, here’s what you need to do:
- Connect to Wi-Fi and then download the Netflix app on your iOS device.
- Choose your Mac from the list of devices.
- Now, open the Netflix app and then choose the downloaded content that you want to play.
- That’s it!! Enjoy watching your favorite show. So that’s how to download movies on Netflix on Mac.
How To Download Movies On Netflix?
Now, that you have set up airplay, if you want to save your data then you can download the movies on your iOS device and then stream the downloaded content via Wi-Fi. Here are a few steps that you need to follow:
- Make sure that you have strong Wi-Fi or enough data so that you can complete the process successfully.
- Now, on your iOS device, open the Netflix app.
- Choose the movie or the tv show that you want to download.
- Next, you have to click on the download button if it is a series that you need to individually choose the episodes that you want to watch.
How To Download Movies From Netflix To Mac Through Windows?
But what if you want to watch Netflix offline? Then what are you gonna do? Well, a good solution kid to leverage Microsoft windows. If you know that you will not be connected to the internet or if you don’t have an iOS device, then you can easily watch the contents of Netflix offline.
The windows workarounds actually work if you install the windows 10 OS on your Mac. When you are done setting up the windows then you will be able to download the Netflix app from the Microsoft store that actually supports offline downloads for some content. Ensure that you get a windows system from a reputed windows partner or reseller.
Here are a few steps that will help you to download Netflix app on windows:
- Tap on the start menu and then choose the store option.
- In the search box Type Netflix and then hit the enter button.
- Now, choose the install button and Netflix will get installed on your device.
How To Watch Netflix Offline Using A Screen Record?
After discussing how to download movies on Netflix on Mac, let’s know how to watch Netflix offline. If you see anywhere online then you should screen record movies so you will be able to watch Netflix offline but remember this is illegal. Screen recording movies are considered to be piracy and most screen recording tools will not allow you to do this kind of activity.
There are many powerful screen recorders that you can find like Capto which is optimized for Mac. Though this app can capture, take and record video and image editing to the next level you should use it for the purpose it is meant to be and within the boundaries of the law.
Apart from being illegal, there are many other disadvantages to using screen recording as a way to watch Netflix offline. First, it is actually time-consuming. That’s because you need to keep the movie playing on screen from beginning to end to capture all the content and this can be disruptive if you want to do some other work on your computer.
Moreover, the quality of the video will also be different on the basis of the speed of your internet connection. You can end up with lagging or glitchy content and it will be late if you try to fix it.
Furthermore, screen recording also creates large files that will take up space on your hard drive and use your Mac to slow down. But don’t worry CleanMyMac X has a great feature that will allow you to find heavy files and help you to delete anything that you don’t want to keep.
- Open the CleanMyMax X and then from the menu choose the large and old files.
- Tap on the scan button so that you can start the search.
- Click on the files that you had forgotten about.
- Now, choose the unwanted files from the list and hit the remove button. Your files will get removed immediately.
What Do You Need To Watch Downloaded Netflix Content On Mac?
If you want to watch Netflix on Mac, then you gotta follow a few steps that we have mentioned below.
- You need an active Netflix subscription. However, if you have canceled your Netflix subscription then you will not be able to download Netflix, or watch Netflix offline or even online.
- A movie or TV show that has a download option. Most of the Netflix choices will allow this but not all of them will allow this.
- If you are going to stream then you need a Wi-Fi connection. Before you can even take Netflix offline you need Wi-Fi so that you can download the Netflix app.
- Now, you need a device that supports Netflix.
So, this is all about how to download movies on Netflix on Mac. The steps are a bit lengthy, so make sure that you follow the steps as mentioned above. If you have any questions, you can reach us in the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How Many Movies Can You Download From Netflix At Once?
Well, Netflix sets a limit of about 100 movies on a single device at one time. You will be limited by the available space on your device.
Q. Why Can’t I Download Netflix Shows on my Mac?
Downloads are supported on Windows 10 or 11 computers that are using the Netflix app from the Microsoft Store. Downloads are not supported on Mac computers or on web browsers, for example: Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or Safari.
Q. Where is the Download Button on Netflix?
While not all of the content on Netflix is available for download due to streaming rights, there is a lot that is. To see what’s available, go to the Menu button in the upper left and select “Available for Download.” Anything with the download icon, which is an arrow pointing downward, is open for download.