Last Updated on 4 months by Shubham Attri
If you are a manager of any Discord channel and are tired of the continuous spamming of messages in the chatbox, then you should know about Discord Slow Mode.
Discord is a popular social media platform that allows people to find communities with similar interests and interact with them. A lot of people, especially youngsters have started using the platform and have joined channels of their interests. You can have text chats or voice chats on Discord. You can stay updated on a particular subject through these Discord channels.
However, due to so many members on a single channel, sometimes it leads to spamming of messages in the chatbox. To prevent this, the Discord Slow Mode feature is available that the channel managers can activate anytime.
You will hardly find such an interesting feature on any other platform. Let us know in detail about the Discord Slow Mode option.
What Is Discord Slow Mode?
Discord Slow Mode is an interesting feature that Discord has introduced to stop people from spamming in the chatbox of a channel. There are often such instances where the members in a Discord channel begin to send spam messages.
Spam messages mean the continuous messages sent one after the other that create a mess in the channel. If this happens, then the manager of that Discord channel has the power to stop it by activating the Discord Slow Mode feature.
When you enable the Discord Slow Mode feature on a Discord channel, the members within that channel will have to wait for a certain amount of time before sending a new message. This will help a lot to reduce, in fact, end the spamming of messages.
However, some people often find this feature annoying as they have to wait for some time before sending a message, which tests their patience. But, if some users are spamming irrelevant messages in the chat, then this feature proves quite useful to stop them.
Who Can Use Discord Slow Mode?
As mentioned, if you are the channel manager or the server owner, or even if you have the Administrator permissions, only then you can have access to use the Discord Slow Mode feature in that channel.
Another thing to note is that Discord Slow Mode is available only for individual channels. This means that the feature cannot be used widely across the whole server.
What Is The Duration Of Discord Slow Mode?
The duration of time to wait before sending the new message on Discord is customizable. The channel manager can set the Slow mode from five seconds to 120 seconds, or even up to 2 minutes. Earlier, the feature provided even an option to keep the duration up to 6 hours, but in the recent update, this option has been removed.
How To Enable Discord Slow Mode On PC Or Mac?
If you use the desktop version of the Discord app and want to turn on the Discord Slow Mode in a channel you own, then you will need to follow the steps mentioned below.
- Launch the Discord app on your PC or Mac and log in to your Discord account.
- Go to the channel where you want to enable Slow mode.
- When you will place the mouse pointer on that channel’s name, a gear icon will appear next to it. Click on it, or simply right-click the channel name.
- An overlay menu will appear on the screen. Click on the “Edit Channel” option.
- You will see the “Overview Tab” on your screen where you will find the “Slow mode Slider” in the middle.
- Click on it and slide the slider from left to right on the screen and set the duration of the Slow mode as much as you want.
- Once you set the duration, click on the Save Changes button present at the bottom right corner of your screen.
As you have followed these steps, the Discord Slow Mode will be enabled on the channel.
How To Enable Discord Slow Mode On iOS Or Android?
If you are using Discord on the mobile app, be it iOS or Android, the set of steps will be a little different to activate the Discord Slow Mode feature.
Below are the steps that you can follow to enable Discord slow mode on your mobile device.
- Launch the Discord app on your mobile and login into your account.
- On the top left corner of your screen, tap on the three horizontal lines.
- A list of all the channels on your account will be displayed on the screen. Tap and hold the name of the channel where you want to use Discord Slow mode.
- A menu will open. Select the “Edit Channel” option from there.
- This will lead you to the “Channel Settings” page. Scroll down through it and you will see the “Sklowmode Cooldown” option there.
- Slide the slider with the time period options to the desired duration.
- Once you have chosen the duration for the Slow mode, tap on the Save icon present at the bottom of your screen.
The changes will be applied to the selected channel as you are done with the steps provided above.
How To Disable Discord Slow Mode?
Now, if you feel that the situation is normal and there is no need to keep the Discord Slow mode on the channel, then you can disable it. There are different ways to disable Discord slow mode in the case of the mobile app and the desktop app. Let us learn how to do that.
How To Disable Discord Slow Mode On PC Or Mac?
You can follow these steps if you want to disable Discord slow mode on a channel that you activated before on your PC or Mac.
- Launch the Discord app on your desktop and log into your account.
- Look for the channel where you want to disable the slow mode and right-click on the channel’s name.
- In the overlay menu that will show up, click on the “Edit channel” option.
- You will see the Discord slow mode slider. Slide it to the left-most side to “Off”
- Then click on the “Save changes” button present at the bottom of the screen.
The Discord slow mode feature will no longer be enabled on that channel.
How To Disable Discord Slow Mode On iOS Or Android?
In the case of the mobile app, you can use the following steps to disable the slow mode.
- Launch the Discord app on your mobile device.
- Now, on the top left corner of the screen, tap on the three horizontal lines, or simply swipe from the left edge of the screen to the right.
- The list of channels will appear, press and hold the channel name where you want to disable the Slow Mode.
- Another menu will show up on the screen. Tap on the “Edit Channel” option present there.
- The “channel settings” page will appear. Scroll down through it and look for the “Slow mode Cooldown” option.
- Swap the slider back to the left-most end to turn it off.
- Tap on the “Save” icon to save your changes.
Isn’t this a cool feature that Discord provides on the channel on its platform? You can use it to cool down the atmosphere of a chat within a channel on Discord. If you want to find more such interesting features on the apps you use, you can visit our website Deasilex.