Over the past few years, the Twitch platform has gained a lot of popularity. Moreover, with that, there came many new content creators who want to get into action. However, before you go live there are a few things that you need to know. One of the important things that you need to know is How To Find Stream Key On Twitch? If you don’t know how to find it, then, this post is going to help you.
The stream keys are perhaps the unique codes that will connect your dedicated streaming software to broadcast your output channel. The stream key format is used on Twitch. Though there have been some recent changes to the process getting access to your unique stream key is quite easy and will not take much of your time.
So do you know How To Find Stream Key On Twitch? The steps are really easy to follow. Here’s how you can do it. Log in to your account > profile > settings tab > channel and videos > show button. There are many different programs that are specifically dedicated to this platform.
If you dint get the steps that we have mentioned above, then it’s alright. We have mentioned all the steps below in detail. So just scroll down a bit and enjoy reading.
What Is The Twitch Stream Key?
Well, the stream key is known as the code that is used to identify the source of video or audio streaming to show the stream on the website or software over the web. Your stream key is just unique to you, so, it’s better that you don’t share it with somebody else. Or else they may be able to stream the content that you don’t want on your account.
How To Find Stream Key On Twitch?
If you want to know How To Find Stream Key On Twitch, then there are a few steps that you need to follow.
- First, open the internet browser and then go to Twitch.tv.
- Now, login if you haven’t logged in yet.
- Tap on your profile icon which you will find in the upper right-hand side corner of the screen.
- Now, press on the creator dashboard.
- Open the creator dashboard and then click on the settings icon.
- Click on the stream option which you will find under the settings menu.
Now, on this page, you will see your stream key. Copy it and paste it into your streaming software so that you go live on Twitch. If someone ever sees your stream key then you can even reset it from this page.
Should You Share Your Stream Key?
The first thing that you have to remember is not to share your stream key with anyone. Your channel is just yours and is a part of your brand. There are people who may try to scam you so that you give your stream key. It is better that you ignore these comments and requests.
Though we suggest that you not share your Twitch key with any other creator, there might be reasons why you may want to do so. If you want to share your stream key for some other purpose with others, then here’s how you can share. So, if you want to give access to someone to stream your channel then you can set this up in the back end. So, let’s take a look at them.
- First, you need to log in to your Twitch account.
- Press on your avatar which is present in the upper right-hand side corner of the screen.
- Now, select the creator dashboard option from the drop-down menu.
- Now, scroll down the page till you find the option that says people who can stream to your channel. You will find this option below your primary stream key.
- You need to click on this option. You will be taken to the page where you will be able to enter their email address.
- After you complete these steps, Twitch will send you a unique Twitch stream key that will allow them to stream your account. Whenever you want to end their access just remove it from the same place in your dashboard.
So now, after reading this post you do know How To Find Stream Key On Twitch. You did see how easy the steps were. So, when you follow these steps, you will be able to easily find the stream key on Twitch. If you have any questions, you can reach us in the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How Can You Change Your Twitch Stream Key?
If you want to change your Twitch stream key by finding it under the preferences in the stream settings on your Twitch channel. You just have to hit the reset button which you will find on the upper right-hand side of the PC window that is just next to the stream key so that you get the new stream key. You will be able to change the key immediately if you think you have been compromised in any way.
Q. Do You Switch Key Change Based On Your Location?
Well, you will be able to start streaming from anywhere in the world without worrying about resetting your Twitch stream key. It will not change if you travel between streams. However, you can check other settings between each broadcast.