When the web browser tries to load web pages it does face a lot of issues. In the same way, Mozilla Firefox not being able to load web pages is also a browser issue. However, you can easily fix this issue and don’t have to struggle with it anymore. So if you want to know why your Mozilla Firefox not loading pages. How to fix this then you have come to the right place.
Most of the loading issues that you face are mainly because of the irregular network connection, browser cache, extensions or different add ons. Most of the time Even a simple trick like restraining the browser can fix this issue.
Firefox has always been the best when it comes to offering a safe and secure browsing experience. You need not look anywhere as this also provides Enhanced Tracking Protection. This in turn in the privacy domain supports its presence. So if you are facing Mozilla Firefox not loading pages issue. then here are some easy ways by which you can fix it.
Mozilla Firefox not loading pages issue is related to HTTP3 which is the latest HTTP version. This is perhaps for more future use since many websites will not require this. Now Mozilla is saying that the problem has been resolved. You can restart your browser and the web pages will load. However, if you see that the pages are still not getting loaded then here are some of the ways by which you can load it again.
How To Fix Mozilla Firefox Not Loading Pages?
There can be multiple reasons why your browser is not loading properly. Here are the most possible causes why you are facing this issue. Spot the error reading these suggestions and apply the given fixes!
1. Check Your Network Connection
You very well know that if your internet connection is not working then the browser will not load web pages. So it is always better that you double-check whether your network is working properly or not.
However, if you have an internet connectivity problem then you can switch to a wired connection if you are using a wireless connection (WiFi) through Ethernet or vice versa. Similarly, you can even share your device’s internet through a hotspot. Try out these and see if your Mozilla Firefox loads web pages or not.
2. You Can Try To Clear Cookies And Cache
If the stored data in your browser gets outdated or corrupted then also it can cause trouble to the related web pages. To amend this you need to delete those temporary data. Here are some steps by which you can delete your temporary data
- Open your Firefox browser on your PC
- Next top open Clear Data dialog box press Ctrl + Shift + Del shortcut keys
- Enable the checkbox for Browsing and Download History, cookies, and cache options
- Then choose Today under the time range to clear
- Last press OK and wait for the process to get completed.
Now that it is done retry to access the page and check if Firefox loads web pages or not.
Here is a detailed post on How To Clear History In Mozilla Firefox? Do check it out!
3. Try To Disable Extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Click on three horizontal lines at the top right.
- Then choose Help followed by Troubleshoot mode option.
- Now In the confirmation dialog box press restart.
Now your browser will reboot to the safe mode. In this mode If you can access the websites then the issue was with the third-party extensions. So you can close the safe mode. Next, you can boot to the normal page. Then you need to go to the add-on page, disable all extensions. Turn on these one at a time till you recreate the issue. When this happens then you can uninstall that add-on that is causing the issue from your browser. You can now access the desired page and check if the Firefox loading page issue has been fixed or not.
4. If Your Mozilla Firefox Not Loading Pages, Try Disabling DNS Prefetching
A DNS Prefetching will automatically pick up the needed resources that are related to the DNS lookup. As the browser may ask for it. So if you see that the browser makes such kind of request then the DNS lookup must have occurred. Due to this, the browser will load that site a few seconds faster. But sometimes the prefetch method can result in breaking the websites. It might also happen that it loads incorrect configuration. In these cases, it is best that you disable this feature and then see the results. Here are some steps that you need to follow to do it:
- Open Mozilla Firefox
- In the address bar Go to the “about:config” page
- Click on Accept the Risk and Continue button
- Next in the search bar type “network.dns.disablePrefetch”. press enter
- On the extreme right click on the toggle button. In this way, you will change its value from false to true.
- Now reload the site and check if your issue is fixed or not.
Also, check out How To Clear Your History In Any Browser!
5. Choose Standard Tracking Protection
The enhanced tracking protection of Firefox brings about three levels of security. These are namely Strict, Custom, and Standard. However the Strict blocks almost all the page tracker and elements. Whilst this gets translated to the most proactive environment these strong measures can harm the loading of websites. So if your strict mode is enabled then you should switch it to standard mode.
- Open Firefox browser.
- Go to “about:preferences#privacy” page.
- Now choose Standard Mode. Then click on Reload all tabs button.
- When the tabs reload try to access the website you want and then verify whether Firefox is loading pages or not.
6. Try Reinstalling Firefox
If you see that none of the methods worked for you then you should uninstall the browser and then reinstall it to its latest version. As everything will start from the very beginning this can fix the issue. Here are some steps to do so:
- Go to the start menu. Search for Apps and Features
- Scroll to Mozilla Firefox. Now select it and then click on uninstall command
- Now that your uninstalling Firefox is complete, open file explorer. Then go to “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox”
- Delete all the contents that are in that folder
Now you can download the latest version of Firefox. Then launch it and then install it. You will not have a problem accessing the site that you want to.
What do you think Google Chrome Vs Firefox Browser: Which is better?
So this is how to fix Mozilla Firefox Not Loading Pages. Do let us know in the comment section which method worked out for you. Also, which other web browsers do you prefer for browsing?
If you found this post helpful, do share it with your friends and family. Happy fixing!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How Can You Hard Refresh And Reload The Page In Firefox?
Here are some steps that you can follow to hard refresh and reload the pages:
- Open Mozilla Firefox on your PC.
- Open any website.
- Click on reload icon to refresh the current page.
In this way, you can reload the page and remove any temporary errors. However, if you want to delete all the stored cache and remove the cookies hen you can [perform Firefox hard reload option
Q. Will You Lose Your Bookmarks If You Uninstall And Reinstall Firefox?
When you uninstall Mozilla Firefox then it will remove your stored bookmarks permanently. So before you uninstall Firefox you can use Firefox Import/export wizard. In this way, you can export your bookmarks to HTML so that you can import them after you reinstall Firefox. Here are some easy steps to follow:
- Open Firefox.
- Open library using (Ctrl + Shift + B).
- Click on import and backup button.
- Then choose export bookmarks to HTML .
- Choose a storage location. Enter a name in the file name field.
- Hit save to back up your bookmarks.
- After you uninstall and reinstall. click on important and backup.
- Choose import bookmarks from HTML.
- Choose bookmarks HTML file from your hard drive.
- Press Open to import bookmarks to Firefox.