An affluent person flaunts his wealth and in the same manner, the gamers flaunt their Steam Library. But, what if he doesn’t want the world to know his secret collection. Well, steam has provided a feature that will help him to hide. So, here is an article that will tell you how to Hide or Remove games from Steam library.
Whichever game you purchase on the steam platform directly goes to your Steam Library. This library is visible to all as by default the privacy settings of the Steam account are set to public. So, you have to be careful about which games should be displayed to your friends. Here is an article that will tell you how to hide or remove Games from Steam Library.
For hiding and removing the game on the Steam library, you have to go to the library and then to the steam support and from there you can choose to hide or remove the game.
Well, that is just an overview of what to do. Don’t Worry a full guide on “How To Hide Or Remove Games From Steam Library” is waiting for you below.
How To Hide Or Remove Games From Steam Library?
Next, in the article, we will be discussing how to hide and unhide games from the stream library. Not only hiding we will also focus on how to remove games from the Steam library. We will also figure out will steam pay us back for the games that we have removed from our Library? But, before starting all these we should know the basic difference between Hiding and removing the games from the Steam library.
Difference Between Hiding And Removing Games From Steam Library
The steam platform provides us with both the options that are hiding or removing the game. Let us start with the hiding process first. This will hide your game and you can unhide the game any time you want to play it again. The hiding process is reversible. You can hide the targeted game in the Steam games library in just a few steps(Given Below) and unhide them anytime you wish to.
Why Do You Need To Hide The Game?
There may be various reasons to hide the games in your Steam games library. Either you don’t want your friends to know that you have a certain game or there are chances that you have adult games in your library and you don’t want your parents to see them. Whatever may be the reason hiding process will hide your steam games from your library.
Note: You are safe until the other party doesn’t know how to unhide the steam games.
Now, moving to what is removing. Removing means deleting the game from the Steam library. You will no longer be able to access the game after you have removed the game from your Steam Library. That means the change is irreversible.
Why do you need to remove the game?
The most prominent reason that comes in front for removing the game is that the gamers do not like the game. This generally happens when the game has got a great hype before launch but the gameplay is not good enough.
How To Hide Games From Steam Library
Now, that you are aware of the basic difference between hiding and removing. Let us start with how to hide games from the Steam library. Follow the steps given below for the purpose.
- Log in to your steam profile.
- Navigate to the game in the games library that you wish to hide.
- Right-click on the game and select the option “Set Categories”.
- Now, in the dialog box that appears, look for the “Hide This Game In My Library” option and check the check-box against it.
- Click on OK to confirm.
- Your steam game is hidden in your Steam library.
How To Unhide Games From Steam Library
Now to unhide the steam games in the Steam library follow the steps given below.
- Log in to your steam profile.
- Navigate to the Library Search box and click on the category box.
- Now select the “Hidden” option.
- Now, select the game that you wish to unhide and select the option “Remove From Hidden”.
- You have Unhidden your Steam Game.
How To Remove Games From Steam Library
If you don’t want to see any game in your Steam library then you always have the option to remove it. To remove games from Steam Library follow the steps given below.
- Open the steam application on your PC.
- Go to the Steam library and select steam support from the options.
- Next, click on the game you wish to remove.
- Select the “I want to permanently remove this game from my account” option. Confirm by clicking on Remove.
- The game has been removed from the steam library.
- If you have purchased the game in a bundle then all the other games will also be deleted.
- To get the removed game back you have to purchase it again.
Will Steam Pay You Back For The Games you removed?
If you have removed the game that you have played for less than two hours. You can ask for a refund for that game. Otherwise, no refund is guaranteed.
Youtube Video On How To Hide Or Remove Games From Steam Library
Well, we hope our guide on how to hide or remove games from Steam library proves helpful to you. We just want to remind you that if you permanently remove the game from the library you have to purchase it back to play it. If you still have any doubts or query then do let us know in the comments section.