We all know that Oculus is a company owned by Facebook. This gives some advantages to the Facebook users that they can make an Oculus account with Facebook directly. This post will cover how to make an Oculus account without Facebook.
Although the account creation using Facebook is super cool and easy, some users do not prefer to use the Facebook information to create an account on Oculus. For those users, the process is a little tricky but simple. You can easily create an account on Oculus without a Facebook account.
How To Make An Oculus Account Without Facebook
Here are the steps on how to make an Oculus Account without Facebook.
Step 1: Oculus App
Download the Oculus app for your phone from either the play store or the apple store.
Step 2: Register
Once you have downloaded the app, you have to get registered. Once you register an email will be sent for verification.
Step 3: Create an account
Follow the link in the email. You will be directed to the account opening page.
Step 4: Fill in your details
Fill in the details asked and click on create an account.
Step 5: Add device
After account creation, the menu option has an option of “Add Device”.
Step 6: Use Oculus App
Add your Oculus headset to the app.
Step 7: Pair the device
Switch on your Oculus headset and pair it with the app.
Step 8: Grant access
Now, you can access all online gaming and VR platforms with your oculus headset.
Step 9: Account created
Your Oculus account is created without any need for a Facebook account.
What Are The Changes Coming To The Oculus Account?
The changes made the starting in October 2020:
- A Facebook account is necessary to log into the Oculus device.
- If you have an Oculus account, you will have to merge your Oculus and Facebook accounts.
- You can continue using your Oculus account for two years without merging.
New changes are coming starting In January 2023:
- Oculus will end support for Oculus accounts. There will be no longer accounts that are not merged with Facebook.
- If you choose not to merge your accounts at that time, you can use your device, but for full functionality, you will require a Facebook account.
- There might be some big changes, and some games and apps will no longer work. Although the apps and games purchase will be lep in your account.
Keep exploring our website to know more about Oculus headsets.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What Happens If You Don’t Have A Facebook Account For Oculus?
You can still make an Oculus account if you don’t have Facebook. However, after 2023, this feature will no longer be available.
Q2. How Do I Create An Oculus Account?
Here is how to create an Oculus account.
- Open the oculus website.
- Once on the homepage, click on three dots on the upper right side i.e. the “menu” option.
- Click on the “sign up/ login”, and it will take you to the account page.
- Fill in your name, email, and phone number and create a password.
- On the oculus home page, put in the email and password you use for Facebook.
- Click on “Login,” and you will be logged in to the oculus account.
Q3. Can You Use An Oculus Quest 2 Without Facebook?
You can currently use Oculus Quest 2 without Facebook, however, you won’t be able to use its full functions and the Oculus recommends merging it with your Facebook account.