Snapchat is undoubted, the most popular social media website of all time. If we look at recent stats then in January 2022, it has got 319 million active users that have been sending the sending snaps regularly. However, there is a query that almost every Snapchcaht user has in his head: How To Read Snapchat Messages In Notification Bar, or is it possible to do so?
Snapchat uses a unique feature to attract the user to the application. Unlike other Social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter. Snapchat does not allow the devices to show the notifications bar messages. Well, this doesn’t mean that you won’t be notified when you receive a snap. It is that you won’t be able to preview the message sent.
We must say that it’s a nice marketing strategy that makes people curious about the snap they have received from their friends. But what if you don’t want to reply to the person and at the same time want to view the message?
We won’t say open the snap and ignore it because it will be rude. So, what is the solution? Is there a way to preview the messages on Snapchat in the Notification bar? In the post on How To Read Snapchat Messages In Notification Bar, let’s find out.
How To Read Snapchat Messages In Notification Bar
The direct answer is NO, you cannot read Snapchat messages in the Notification bar. Snapchat uses an algorithm that is a bit different from the other social media platforms. This algorithm allows the platform to send the Notification to the device about the message received but not what message is received.
But, hold on a second, this doesn’t mean that you cannot read the Snapchat messages without the other person knowing. No, buddy, we aren’t joking there are several hacks that will let you read the Snapchat Messages and view the Snaps without the sender knowing.
Don’t believe us? Check out the hacks given below.
As soon as you receive the notification about a Snapchat received. Follow the following steps to read the message on Snapchat.
Method 1: Do The Half Swipe
Half swipe is the most effective and the used method for reading the Snapchat messages without the other person knowing about it. Follow the steps given below to perform the half swipe method on the Snapchat application.
- Open the Snapchat application and swipe right with your tump to open the chat section.
- Now, locate the friend’s name whose Snapchat message you wish to view.
- Keep a finger on its profile picture and right swipe. Make sure that you do not swipe the full screen.
- In this manner, you can easily view the Snapchat message.
Method 2: Turn On The Aeroplane Mode
The half swipe method is short but it is a bit difficult. So, here is another method that is lengthy but, easy and hundred percent productive.
- As soon as you see the Snapchat notification in the Notification bar, open the Snapchat application and wait for the snap to load.
- Now, turn on the Aeroplane mode and open the Snap.
- Next, you need to clear the Cache of the Snapchat application.
- After that log out of your Snapchat Account.
- Now, turn off the Aeroplane mode and turn on the Internet.
- Log back into your Snapchat account and you will find the Snaps un-opened.
How To Make Out The Snap Received Is Picture Or A Message From THe Notification Bar
Snapchat sends the same kind of notification, whether a snap or a message. Well, if you are looking for a method to find out the type of snap sent, then you can use the half swipe method to see whether it is a message or snap.
We hope that our guide on “How To Read Snapchat Messages In Notification Bar” proves to be helpful to you. If you still have any doubts or queries left in your head, feel free to ask us in the comments section below.
For more Snapchat tricks, keep visiting Deasilex.