Are you a new iPhone user? Are you still trying to figure out the features of your Apple device? If yes, then you must know that there are some of the features that you need to be aware of like sharing a Wi-Fi password. Do you know how to share Wi-Fi password from iPhone and iPad? Though this may seem tricky let me tell you this is not at all tricky but is very simple. Here is a guide on how to share wi-fi password from iPhone and iPad.
It could be that you have guests at your home and they ask you for your Wi-Fi password so that they can use your home Wi-Fi network for safe browsing. Apple has given the liberty to its user to share the Wi-Fi password easily using a Bluetooth connection.
But, when you share your password from iPhone and iPad you need to be really very careful and selective as well. It could be that in some cases you don’t want to give your password for security reasons. While in other cases it could be that password is really long and can be problematic to connect. So, here we will discuss how to share Wi-Fi password from iPhone and iPad.
Sharing a Wi-Fi password is really easy and is not at all a difficult task and I can assure you that. So, if you want to know as how to share Wi-Fi password from iPhone and iPad, then you can follow the instruction that has been given to you. Let’s get started.
What Is Required For Sharing Wi-Fi Password From iPhone And iPad?
Here are some things that you need to share Wi-Fi password from iPhone and iPad.
- Ensure both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are enabled: You need to make sure that these are enabled on all the devices. On your iPad and iPhone got to the settings app. Then, click on Wi-Fi or Bluetooth option and enable them. Then on your macOS device, click on the Wi-Fi menu. Make sure that you turn on the Wi-Fi. Now click on the Bluetooth menu and ensure that Bluetooth is also enabled.
- Turn off your personal hotspot: Make sure that your personal hotspot is turned off. If you want to turn it off then go to the settings app. There you will see a personal hotspot, the turn off that option.
- Make sure to save the email address that you use for your Apple id in the other person’s contact. Go to the contacts app then click on contact. Then choose edit and then add email. Also, add your email address to your contacts and save it.
- Keep the other person’s device within the range of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
- Ensure that you have the latest version of iOS or iPadOS on your iPhone and iPad.
How To Share Your Wi-Fi Password From iPhone And iPad?
Here are steps that you need to follow on how to share your Wi-Fi password from your iPhone and iPad.
- First, make sure that your device is not locked and is connected to the Wi-Fi password.
- Then, go to the settings app and then to the Wi-Fi option.
- Next, you have to connect to the Wi-Fi network.
- Now you have to select the Wi-Fi network on the device that you want to connect your Wi-Fi network with.
- Now you will get a pop-up on your iPhone. It will ask you whether you want to share the password with the other device or not.
- Click on the share password and then press on done option.
- And you have easily shared your Wi-Fi password from your iPhone and iPad.
How To Share Wi-Fi Password From iPhone And iPad To Android Devices Easily?
Though there is no specific way by which you can share your Wi-Fi password from iPhone and iPad to Android devices. But you need not worry as we’ve got you covered. You can do so with the help of third-party QR codes.
- Go to the network Wi-Fi settings.
- Look for the SSID of the network (this is your public name of the network and Wi-Fi password).
- Now install a QR code generator on your iPhone. So that it will help in creating codes on the basis of your settings of Wi-Fi. There are many apps that will do this.
- Now start the visual codes.
- Next click on the option add codes.
- At the bottom of your screen, you will see at the bottom of your screen the option connect to Wi-Fi, click on it.
- Now in the name’s field type the network SSID.
- Next, type your Wi-Fi password and then click on the right security type.
- In the label field type in a memorable name for the Wi-Fi connection.
- Then you need to click on the option create codes.
- On the codes page, you will see your new code. This will be a part of the list and will also have the other codes that you had created for other Wi-Fi networks.
- Now click on an entry to show the QR codes.
- Now on your Android phone start your camera. Position your Android phone in such a way that it can scan the QR code.
- Now when the Wi-Fi network comes up click on it so that It gets connected automatically to the network.
Also, read How To Fix Apple Voicemail Not Working?
So, here we have discussed how to share Wi-Fi password from iPhone and iPad to other devices so now when you have guests at home who ask for your password you can now easily share your password with them without any hustle.
Liked reading this post? Don’t forget to share it will your friends owning an iPhone or other iOS device.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can You Share Your Wi-Fi Password From MacBook To iPhone?
Well, the answer is yes. You can share your Wi-Fi password from MacBook to your phone. Since MacBook and iPhone are all Apple devices so their software does work more seamlessly. Here are some steps that you need to follow:
- Connect your MacBook to the Wi-Fi network and then keep your iPhone next to your MacBook.
- On your, iPhone select the Wi-Fi network that you want to connect to (remember you need to choose the same network that your MacBook is connected to).
- Now on your MacBook, you will get a pop-up message that will request access to the Wi-Fi password.
- Now tap on share to allow access to the iPhone.
- Make sure that you are running macOS High sierra or the latest version.
Q. How To Change Your Wi-Fi Password?
If you want to change your Wi-Fi password, then the first thing that you need to do or log in to your router. You need to log in with the credentials of the admin. Now look for the Wi-Fi password setting. Next, you need to enter a new password and save the changes.