When your Gmail gets full of unwanted emails, there’s no need to delete your Gmail account. You can simply delete or archive the emails in your inbox. But when you delete those emails you cannot retrieve them later when you want to. So the best thing that you can do is archive your emails. When later on you want to unarchive them you can easily do it. However, there is no archive folder in Gmail. So if you have archived your email and want to know how to unarchive Gmail emails then read more to know about it.
Gmail has become very famous and its email services are extensively used. Gmail allows you to archive mail from your inboxes. When you archive the emails from your inbox you can keep your inbox neat and clean. But since there is no archive folder it might be confusing for you.
When you achieve email then your emails shift to a different folder and you need to delete them. In this way, if in the future you want to view the archived email you can easily unarchive them. But do you know how to unarchive Gmail email?
If you don’t know how to unarchive Gmail emails then today in this blog we will discuss different ways by which you can unarchive your emails. The steps are really easy and simple to follow. You just need to follow them correctly. So let’s get started.
How To Unarchive Gmail Emails
You probably archive emails because you do not them at the moment but in the future, you may need them. That is why you chose to archive your email instead of deleting them. When you want to read your archived email or access them then it can be a bit confusing for you. This is because there is no separate folder as we have mentioned earlier. The emails are present in all mail folders. You need to search for that specific mail and then bring them back to the inbox. But there is something that you can do both from your desktop and mobile device using the Gmail app.
If you are using many Gmail accounts then it is necessary that you keep your inbox folder clean and it is here that the archiving emails become handy. When you archive any email from your inbox then you will not find them in your inbox folder.
This is because those emails are removed from your inbox folder but are present in the all mail folder where all the emails that you receive are stored. This is the main difference between deleting and achieving the email. Deleting the email will completely remove that email from your inbox while when you archive the email it is moved to a different folder.
Also, check out How To Block An Email Address In Gmail?
How To Unarchive Gmail Emails On Your Computer
Using the Gmail website on your computer you can easily unarchive the emails. Here are a few steps that you need to follow:
- Open your computer. Next, open any web browser.
- Now go to the Gmail website. Next login to your account.
- After you log in press on the more options.
- That will make the list expand.
- Now click on the all mail button.
- Now you will get to see all the mails.
- Go through the list and look for the email that you want to unarchive.
- Apart from this, you can even search for that email on the search bar.
- Now that you found that email select that email.
- You will get some options press on down arrow. In this way, you can move the email back to the inbox folder.
- Moreover, you can even right-click on the email. Then select the options move to inbox.
- Likewise, you can even press the move to inbox option simply by opening that email.
- Now you have successfully unarchived your email. You can follow the steps if you want to unarchive all the archived emails.
Want to add a new Gmail account? Have a look at How To Change Default Gmail Account On Google Chrome!
How To Unarchive Gmail Emails On The Mobile Device Through Gmail App
As you know that you can operate Gmail on your mobile phones also so you can even archive and unarchive emails on your phones as well. The steps are really easy to follow:
- Open your Gmail app on your mobile.
- Next, go to more button.
- Scroll down and click on the all mail option.
- Now go to all mail folder.
- Search for the emails that you want to unarchive.
- Now that you have found it holds that email. You can try this to all the emails that you want to inbox folder.
- Now select on move to inbox option.
- Now you can open the email and click on three dots.
- Now select move to inbox in order to unarchive the email
- After you do this your selected emails will get unachieved and will move to the inbox folder.
Learn how can you Sign Out Of One Gmail Account- From Android, iOS, and Windows!
So if you want to know how to unarchive Gmail emails then this article is for you. The steps are easy to follow. But you need to follow the steps carefully to unarchive your emails. Let us know in the comment section whether the methods were useful or not.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can You Unarchive Emails To A Different Folder Or Label Them Differently From Your Inbox?
Yes, you can anytime add any label. Moreover, you can even copy the message to any folder if you want that email to be in that folder or label. If any email is unachieved to a different instead of inbox then that email will not automatically show in the inbox.
Q. How Can You Go To My Inbox In Gmail?
If you want to go to my inbox then here are some steps that you need to follow:
- Go to Gmail
- Now enter your Google credentials and login
- The default view will be your inbox folder
- If the inbox is not visible to you then go to inbox in the left pane. You have come to the inbox folder