Have you ever thought to showcase what you are watching on the Oculus to an external screen? Yes, it is possible to do so. Now, you have the benefit of oculus cast to a PC with the help of a browser. You can let others enjoy along with you through the Oculus cast to a PC feature.
It was not smooth to set up the Oculus Quest casting in the initial days of its introduction. But as time has passed, new additions of updates have allowed it. Now, you can enable oculus cast on a PC. It has made it easier and now everyone can watch together and have fun. The major technique to do is browser casting.
Web browser casting is just the same as casting to mobile or TV. For those who don’t know what casting is, let me tell you that casting allows one to share what they are watching on VR with others. If you are a little nervous, don’t be. Here we are presenting a step-by-step regarding Oculus cast to a PC.
So, let us begin the post now.
Oculus Casting: What Is It?
If you are unaware of what Oculus casting is, then here is an answer. Oculus casting means that with the help of casting, you can easily share whatever you are watching via VR headset with others. Do you want to be a part of this exciting feature? Do you want to make your VR screen a group experience? Let’s see how you do this!
How To Cast Oculus To PC
Follow the steps given below for Oculcu cast to PC
- First of all, you have to make sure that your VR headset and the casting device are connected to the same wifi.
- Now, on your PC go to the website oculus.com/casting. You can use chrome or the Microsoft Edge browser at your convenience.
- Next, put on your headset, and on the controller press the “Oculus Button“. It looks like a horizontal oval. This will open the universal menu in front of you.
- From the list of options in front of you, choose “Sharing” and then click on “Cast“.
- Now, navigate to the “Computer” and then click on “Next“
- And, the press on “Done“.
Note: If you don’t find the computer option then there are chances that the devices are not connected to the same wifi.
Oculus Cast To Pc: Alternative Method
Here are the steps you need to follow for Oculus cast to a PC. Let’s have a look at these steps and discuss them.
Step 1. Connect The PC
The first and foremost step that you need to follow is to connect your PC to a Wifi-network. After connecting, move towards the next step.
Step 2. Turn On Oculus Quest
The second thing you have to do is turn on the Oculus Quest headset. Check if both your headset and computer are connected to the same Wifi. Then do the following:
1. Check Local IP: Check the local IP in the VR headset. Through the Library, visit Browser in the VR Headset, type Local IP, and press Enter. On the first link, you will find the local IP. Write it somewhere as it will be required later.
2. Connect To PC: With the help of a micro USB cable, connect the VR headset to the computer. Accept all the permissions if you are connecting it for the first time.
Step 3. Connect The Oculus Quest
After this, it is time to connect to the Oculus Quest.
So first, download a folder ADB. In the C drive, unzip all the content in the folder and name this folder ADB. Press the Windows key and write cmd to open the command prompt. Now you need to access the ADB folder, so, for that, type cd C:\adb\adb and type ADB devices and click on the enter key.
Step 4. Begin Casting
Once you are done with this, it is time to begin the wireless casting. You will find Connect Wireless ADB in the ADB folder, right-click on it, and press Edit. Confirm if the local IP address and what is in the file match. If they are matching, then close the file and if not, press edit and put the local IP, save, and close the file.
After this, double click on Connect Wireless ADB file and wait until the message appears for disconnecting the VR headset from the PC. You can disconnect the Oculus Quest from the PC and close the prompt command.
Wait for a few seconds and then double click on Cast To Your PC. That’s it! You have successfully completed the Oculus cast to a PC.
Oculus Cast To Phone or Chromecast Device
- Open the Oculos application on your mobile phone.
- You will find the cast option on the top right corner of the screen.
- Under the cast form option, you will find the name of the headsets available to be connected. You have to make sure that the device you want to cast says connected.
- Under Cast To option, select This Phone or the Chromecast device that you wish to use.
- Next, click on the Start option, which you will find at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, put the VR Headset on and accept the request to cast.
This was all about Oculus cast to a PC. We hope that the post was a useful one for you all. If yes, then share your thoughts in the comment section. Don’t forget to share our post with your friends and family. Let them also enjoy the Oculus cast to a PC.
If any, you can drop down your queries in the comment section below. We will answer them as soon as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can You Cast Oculus TV?
A. Yes, you can easily cast your Oculus Quest to a TV and make your screen a great group experience.
Q. What All Can The Oculus Quest Cast Do?
A. The various devices that Oculus supports currently are Chromecast, NVIDIA Shield TV, Google Home Hub, and Chromecast Ultra.
Q. What Age Is An Oculus Stable For?
A. Oculus is designed and stable for the ages 13 and above. The International Age Rating Coalition rates this content.