Technology is continuously evolving. New devices are launched into the market every day. As Metaverse is slowly taking over the real world, the tech companies have started making VR devices for Metaverse. One such popular device is Oculus Quest 2, and here is the post on Oculus Quest 2 specs.
Meta (Facebook) is the parent company of Oculus. Oculus Quest 2 was recently launched in January 2022. It is a virtual reality (VR) headset. It is an upgraded version of the previously launched Oculus Quest. There are around 4 Oculus products in the market. Oculus Quest 2 is the latest product of the company. It is the only product sold on the official website. The rest of the products are sold on secondary markets.
We will be discussing the Oculus Quest 2 specs its market value. Is it worth buying it? Can you update Oculus Quest 2? Without wasting time, let’s start.
What Is Oculus Quest 2?
Oculus Quest 2 is an all-in-one virtual reality headset from Meta. This VR headset is filled with hundreds of unique experiences. It is nonstop fun. Oculus Quest 2 is the future pathway to new workouts and exercises, socializing, or losing track of time.
Oculus Quest 2 is more than a gaming device. It makes it possible to sit in front of live concerts, burn calories while doing exercises, and hang out with friends from all over the world. You can watch movies and play games.
Oculus Quest 2 is a wireless VR headset. You can freely take it anywhere. You can use it anywhere to play games, do workouts, explore, and much more. Oculus Quest 2 is equipped with next-level hardware. It is easy to set up and use. Oculus Quest 2 comes in two variants.
- 128 GB – $299 USD
- 256 GB – $399 USD
Also Read, Oculus Quest 2 Battery Life | Ways To Improve Battery Life
Oculus Quest 2 Specs?
Here is the detailed information of Oculus Quest 2 Specs.
- Room Scale play: The user should have a 9 * 9 ft space with at least 6.5 * 6.5 ft playable area free from any obstructions.
- Input: Two Oculus Touch Controllers included in the pack
- Glasses friendly: Comfortable to wear with glasses or RX inserts
- Stationary or seated play: For seated play, the player will be seated in a chair. The players should not move beyond reaching with arms or learning from the torso for stationary play.
- Dimensions: 191.5 mm * 102 mm *142.5 mm – strap folded in and 191.5 mm * 102mm * 295.5mm – Strap fully opened up
- Weight: 503 grams
- Tracking: Supports 6 degrees of freedom head and hand tracking through Oculus Insight technology. Inside out, 6DOF
- Storage: 64 GB or 128 GB or 256 GB
- Display Panel type: Single fast switch LCD
- Display Resolution: 1832 * 1920 pixels per eye
- Supported Refresh Rate:72 Hz (default). It can be changed to 60 Hz in some cases
- Default SDK Color Space: Rec 2020 gamut, 2.2 gamma, D65 white point
- USB Connector: USB type C
- Audio: Integrated, in-strap speaker and microphone. Compatible with 3.5 mm headphones.
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon XR2 Platform
- CPU Notes: Developers can have access to 3 gold cores
- Memory RAM: 6 GB
- Lens Distance: Adjustable – 3 present IPD adjustments 58 mm, 63 mm, and 68mm.
- Battery: Oculus Quest 2 comes with a 3,640 mAh (14.0 Wh) lithium-ion battery. The battery of Oculus Quest 2 lasts for 2 to 3 hours on a single charge. Oculus Quest 2 comes with a 10W charger.
- Charge time: Oculus Quest charges fully in 2.5 hours.
- Secondary Battery: Quest 2 Elite Strap With Battery has a built-in battery that doubles the playtime of Oculus Quest 2, allowing you to remain focused from the first step to the final mission. With this secondary battery, you easily play for 6 to 8 hours.
Also Read, 15+ Free VR Games | Top Ranking VR Games
Can We Upgrade Oculus Quest 2?
Now as Oculus Quest 2 Specs are clear to you, you might be thinking of upgrading it at some point. So, Yes, you can easily upgrade your Quest 2 according to your needs. Here are some devices you can purchase to upgrade your Oculus Quest 2.
- Oculus Link Cable – $79 USD | It includes a type C cable that allows you to access your Rift library with your Quest 2.
- Quest 2 Elite Strap – $49 USD | This strap will increase the balance and support
- Quest 2 Fit Pack – $39USD | It includes light blockers silicon covers for wider and narrow face shapes for a comfortable experience.
- Quest 2 Carrying Case – $49 USD | In this case, you can protect your system at home or on the way.
- Quest 2 Replacement Kit – $19 USD |This kit has got you covered. It includes standard glasses spacers, battery covers, wrist lanyards, and harnesses.
- Logitech G PRO Gaming Headsets for Quest 2 – $100 USD | Upgrade your audio experience with memory foam earpads that reduce noise.
- Anker Charging Doc for Oculus Quest 2 – $99 USD | Stay powered up. This is a 2 in 1 charging dock for Quest 2 and Touch controllers.
Also Read, 12+ Best Oculus Quest 2 Games That You Must Try
What Can You Do With Oculus Quest 2?
Oculus Quest 2 is not just a gaming VR headset. It is the doorway to Metaverse, and Metaverse is a new world within itself. Here are the things you can do with Oculus Quest 2.
- Connect With Others: With Oculus Quest 2, you can meet up with friends, hang and play together. You can stay together. You can build entirely new worlds together.
- Gaming: You can play group games, make squads and play together. It’s always fun to play with friends.
- Fitness: Oculus Quest 2 can help you to remain fit. You can do lunges on a glacier, train coaches, and burn calories playing fitness games.
- Entertainment: With Oculus Quest 2, you can enjoy movies, live concerts attend exclusive worldwide events and favorite shows anywhere in the world with your family and friends.
Also Read, How To Download Second Life | System Requirements For Second Life
This is where we end our journey for Oculus Quest 2 Specs. Oculus Quest 2 is one of the best VR headsets available in the market. With Oculus Quest 2, you can download many paid games for free. There are some games and apps exclusively for Oculus Quest 2.
If you want to know more about VR headsets, leave a comment below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Is Oculus Quest 2 Worth The Money?
This is one of the best all-in-one VR headsets. It is worth buying.
Q2. Which VR Headset Is The Best?
HTC Vive Pro 2 is the highest resolution VR headset available in the market. It has a mint price making it the best VR headset.