Do you use Reddit and love to post memes over there? Most memes these days are related to a newly released popular movie or series. If you also use spoilers in your Reddit posts, you must know about the Spoiler tag on Reddit.
Reddit has been the best platform for the most authentic conversations on the internet ever since introduced. There are various communities on Reddit’s platform, such as meme-makers, gaming communities, nostalgic internet forums, video streamers, artists and creators, bloggers, news junkies, support groups, and many more.
To add a Reddit spoiler tag to a post on Reddit, you have to create the post and click on the “+Spoiler” button right below the post you have filled out. When you post it on the platform, it will appear to other users along with the Reddit spoiler tag.
Do you want to know in detail about the Reddit spoiler tags and how you can use spoiler tags on Reddit? Here are your answers. Let us not waste any more time and move further.
What Is Reddit Spoiler Tag?
The spoiler tags on Reddit are for those posts that include spoilers, commonly of an upcoming movie or a web series. Some posts on Reddit contain spoilers, for which the spoiler tags are labeled so that it is up to the users whether they want to view that post with the spoiler or skip it.
This feature is important as most people don’t want to see the spoiler of something they have long-awaited. This can ruin all their fun and excitement. So, if there is a spoiler tag on a Reddit post, the viewers can scroll through to escape viewing the spoilers.
Who Can Add Spoiler Tag On Reddit?
The spoiler tag on Reddit can be added to a post only by the creator of the post or the moderators that the person has assigned to his account. If you are a viewer and find a spoiler post on Reddit and want to prevent others from viewing that post, you can do nothing about it.
It is all up to the poster and the moderators to decide whether or not they want to add a Spoiler Tag on Reddit posts.
How To Add Spoiler Tag On Reddit?
Reddit allows you to add Spoiler tags to the post you upload on the platform. Here are the steps that you can follow up if you want to add a Spoiler Tag on your Reddit post.
- Open Reddit and prepare your post by adding the title to it.
- Now upload the image or video you want to add to your Reddit post.
- If you create a link post, add the related link to it.
- If you add a poll, fill out all the poll fields there.
- And if you are adding a Talk post, then record your message and add it there.
- Once you have created your post by filling out all that is needed, click on the Mark As Spoiler button right below your post.
- When you do so, the “+Spooiler” button will show a tick sign in place of the plus sign. This means that the spoiler tag has been added to the post.
- Once you are done, click on the Post button.
The uploaded post with the spoiler tag on Reddit will be hidden from the viewers as you do this. On the post will be mentioned “Click To See Spoiler.” If the viewers click on that shroud, they will be able to view that Reddit spoiler tag post.
How To See A Spoiler Tag Reddit Post?
While going through the posts on Reddit, if you find a post with the spoiler tag, you just need to click on the “Click To See Spoiler” button on that post. Right after then, the post will be entirely visible to you.
How To Use Spoiler Text On Reddit Comments?
Spoilers can also be added in the comments section when it comes to spoilers. So, it is important that you spoiler text in the comments on the Reddit post if your comment text will contain a spoiler in it.
There are two ways to use spoiler text on Reddit comments. One is using the spoiler button, and the other is by using Markdown. Let us know about these methods in detail.
1. How To Use Spoiler Text On Reddit Comments Using Spoiler Button?
You can follow these steps to use spoiler text on Reddit in the comments section with the help of the Spoiler button.
- Go to the comment section of the Reddit post where you want to add the spoiler comment.
- Type in your comment that contains the spoiler.
- Do not post the comment right away. Highlight the part of the text that you want to mark as a spoiler; highlight the entire comment if the whole of it contains the spoiler.
- You will see an icon with an exclamation mark in the bottom tab. That is the spoiler button. Click on it.
When you do this, the highlighted text will be marked as a spoiler, and the viewers will be able to read it only if they are willing.
2. How To Spoiler Text On Reddit Comments Using Markdown?
Markdown refers to the virtual language used on Reddit to format the elements. You can follow the steps provided below to spoiler a text on Reddit in the comments section using the Markdown feature.
- Go to the comments section of the Reddit post, where you will add a spoiler text.
- You will find the “Markdown Mode” button to the left of the “Comment” button at the bottom right of the comment box. Click on it.
- Now, you have to add “>!” and “!<” at the beginning and the end respectively of the text that you wish to mark as a spoiler.
- Once you are done, click on the Comment button.
The comment will be posted in the comments section of that Reddit post with the marked text as spoilered.
Now you know how you can add Spoiler Tag on Reddit. So, every time you post something on Reddit that has Spoiler content, make sure you use the Spoiler tag on Reddit so that you do not ruin the fun and excitement of others. Share this with your friends who post on Reddit.