Last Updated on 3 months by Abhilasha Sharma
Snapchat is a very popular social media platform that has got a lot of popularity for its unique concept of disappearing messages. But now there are many users for whom Snapchat messages not deleting after 24 hours. Do you know why do some messages on Snapchat not disappear?
Snapchat is fun and allows you to stay connected with your friends so that you can easily communicate with them. Both the photo and the video snaps will disappear in 24 hours until and unless you save them in the chat and this is actually what makes Snapchat unique. But, now many Snapchat messages not deleting after 24 hours and users are thinking about what is so happening.
If you are looking for why do some messages on Snapchat not disappear, it could be because of the screenshots, saved chats, reactions to the messages, third-party tools, technical glitches, etc.
Don’t worry we have discussed why do some messages on Snapchat not disappear in the below section in detail. You just need to scroll down and read about it.
Why Do Some Messages On Snapchat Not Disappear?
The snaps and the messages on Snapchat are disappeared after they have been viewed by the receiver. But not all the messages disappear as they should. There are many reasons that can cause this issue even though it is supposed to disappear. Here we will discuss some of the reasons why do some messages on Snapchat not disappear.
- Screenshots: if the receiver takes a screenshot of the snap before it disappears then it will get saved on their device and will not disappear. Snapchat will not notify the sender if the screenshot has been taken on the snap. However, this is not a great truth as some of the receivers may use third-party tools to take the screenshots without any notification.
- Saved chats: Snapchat will let the users save the chat conversation that will stay even if the snaps and the messages within the chat have disappeared. To save the chat the receiver needs to click and hold on the chat and then choose the save option.
- Technical glitches: in some of the cases there are some technical glitches that will not allow the snaps and the messages to disappear as they should. For instance, if the receiver’s device crashes while seeing the snap then the snap may persist and will not disappear as it should.
- Reacts to messages: if the receiver reacts to your message then also these messages will not disappear.
- Third-party tools: there are many third-party tools and apps that claim to allow users to save Snapchat messages and snaps and it also bypasses the platform’s policy. You can easily find these tools online and you can use these to save snaps and messages without the sender’s knowledge.
- Snapchat data storage: Snapchat stores the data which includes snaps and messages which you can find on its server for a limited period of time. This will mean that the data will be still accessible to Snapchat and also to the other parties with the right legal authority or technical means.
These are the possible reasons that you see some messages on Snapchat not disappear.
Why Do Some Snapchat Messages Disappear Before Opening?
Now, we do know why do some messages on Snapchat not disappear, let’s get to know why do some Snapchat messages disappear before opening them.
There may be many reasons behind it and a few of them are:
- The sender deleted the messages: If the sender of the message deleted the message before you even get a chance to see it then it will not be available.
- The message expired: If the message was set to disappear after a specific time it will get expired before you can see it. Snaps by default that are sent through Snapchat disappear automatically after you have seen the recipient. The amount of time a snap will be viewable will range from.
- Snapchat servers: In very rare cases Snapchat servers may face an issue that will not allow the messages from being delivered or viewed. If that is the case the message might get disappear before you can see it.
- Connection issues: If you don’t have a strong internet connection then you can face issues accessing the messages on Snapchat. If that is the case then the messages will disappear temporarily before you even get to see them.
If you are facing such issues quite often then you can reach out to Snapchat support via email, live chat, and on phone to get further assistance.
Now, after reading this post you do know why do some messages on Snapchat not disappear. All the reasons that might lead to this issue are mentioned in this article. If you have any questions, you can reach us in the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Why Do Snapchat Conversations Not Disappear?
If you find that your Snapchat conversation does not disappear then there might be a case that your conversation has been saved. Only unsaved messages can disappear.
Q. How Long Do Saved Snapchat Messages last?
Saved messages last forever, whereas unsaved messages automatically get deleted after 24 hours or 30 days. The saved messages can only be deleted if you clear the conversation.
Q. How To Keep Snapchat Messages From Disappearing?
To ensure that the chat remains permanently on Snapchat you need to tap each message that you send. This can be a bit irritating but if you do not click on it then the message will not exist as soon as all the members read the message. Hence due to this reason, Snapchat introduced a 24-hour message option.
Q. Why Does My Photo Not Disappear On Snapchat?
Well, the content that gets saved in the archive will not disappear. For instance, if you upload a photo or video on the Snapchat store then it will only be visible for hours. But if you add a live story or local store on Snapchat then the company may save it so that you can see it again.
Q. How To Make Snapchat Private?
To make Snapchat private follow these steps:
- Click on the gear icon in the profile screen that will open the settings section.
- Come to the privacy controls section and click on an option.
- Select an option and then click on the back button to save your preference.