Along with enjoying a global virtual interaction with clients and customers on Microsoft Teams, you must have encountered the usual issues when you are in contact with other members of your team at the same time!! Here’s a quick guide to discuss some similar common Microsoft Teams Problems and how to solve them!!
Microsoft Teams come with multiple features that help you complete your task in time. Here we have discussed some of the best Microsoft team’s tricks and suggestions that you can incorporate into the workflow when using the app.
To ensure that you enjoy an uninterrupted video conferencing experience with your team, learn the best troubleshooting solutions for common Microsoft Teams problems and fix them!
From Microsoft Teams camera not starting to connect breaking down continuously, everything is explained with a reliable solution below. Have a look!
1. Microsoft Teams Problem #1: The Microphone Or Webcam Isn’t Working Properly
One of the most common Microsoft Teams problems is a disabled microphone or webcam. If you’re experiencing issues with your microphone or webcam, begin by making sure the hardware is connected properly. Make sure that you are in a meeting and that your webcam and microphone are on. You’ll be able to notice toggle switches to enable these in the event you join a new conference.
Even if other apps can view your microphone and webcam, Teams are not able to then you’ll require permissions for Teams. To modify access rights on Windows 10, click the Windows Search Bar (located within the left portion of your taskbar) and search for Webcam.
Once you have selected Choose which applications can access your camera, make sure that the toggle beneath Allow Desktop apps to access Your Camera is switched to the On position.
After that, scroll over the toggle and make sure that Teams and the browser app that you are using in order to connect with the website versions of Teams are listed on the app list authorized to access this feature.
You may also be interested in 7 Most Common Zoom Problems And How To Solve Them?
2. Microsoft Teams Problem #2: Unable To Form A New Team Or Group Using Microsoft Teams
If you’re trying to set up an entirely new team using Microsoft Teams, but cannot verify this, consult the administrator of your system. Organizations and companies can choose to block individuals from forming new teams or groups.
Contact the IT department for help with this issue.
3. Microsoft Teams Problem #3: Microsoft Teams Has Been Stuck In A Login Loop Microsoft Edge.
If you’re running Microsoft Edge or the older version of Internet Explorer, you may notice that the account login page for Teams remains in the same loop. It’s likely that your organization is using an option called the Trusted Sites option and hasn’t disabled Microsoft Teams.
Enable the Microsoft Teams from Microsoft edge or any other internet explorer.
4. Microsoft Teams Problem #4: Virtual Cameras Cease To Work On macOS Client Computers
Another one of the common Microsoft Teams problems faced by macOS users is this!! For certain macOS users, the virtual cameras cease to function at various times. It is necessary to test versions of your Microsoft team’s application to sort this issue. Here’s how you can accomplish this.
Repair the issue with the team’s client with macOS latest version 1.4.00.8872 as well as the earlier versions. If you are running an earlier version of macOS then you must update it to the most current version, then launch the app. For more details visit Microsoft’s community.
5. Microsoft Teams Problem #5: Problems Regarding Meeting Recordings For Microsoft Teams?
The first step is to determine what the problem is. For this, try to identify the root cause of the issues with recording.
Here are the steps on what you can do to find the root of the problem:
- Make sure that the recording button is working or not.
- The recording link for the meeting is present or not in the window of chat.
- To find out if there are any issues regarding your Microsoft accounts and teams you should conduct the team meeting recording test. This diagnostic will verify that your account has all the required settings for recording meetings on the team’s app.
Also, check out How to Fix FaceTime Black Screen Flashes? 7 Hacks To Follow!!
6. Microsoft Teams Problem #6: Microsoft Teams Trapped In An Endless Login Cycle With Edge, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, Or Safari!
Some users get stuck in web browsers like Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, e Internet Explorer, etc. Here are some signs of the same issue:
If you attempt to sign in to your Microsoft teams using Microsoft Edge or Chrome, Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari for Internet Explorer, this site continues to loop and you are not able to log in.
What’s the cause? The problem is related to the trusted websites that your company uses. This means that it does not allow the URLs for the Microsoft teams. Thus, you won’t be allowed to log in to the Microsoft team’s web-based app.
- Within the setting of the Microsoft Edge window, select the permissions for cookies and websites.
- Then, select Manage and then delete the cookies, as well as the data associated with the cookies and other data that is stored.
- Turn on the option “allows sites to save and read cookies data,” it is highly recommended to do this.
- You should ensure that the option to block third-party cookies is disabled. You may also say that third-party cookies are off, but this is entirely your choice.
7. Microsoft Teams Problem #7: Chats Not Updating Or Not Showing The Most Recent Microsoft Teams Chat
Another one of the common Microsoft Teams problems reported is that people are unable to view their most recent messages.
If you’re not able to view chats in your Microsoft team’s application, then first try to clear all caches. This is how:
- In the first place, you must close Microsoft groups by clicking right the icon, then choosing to quit the program.
- Secondly, you can cut and paste the %appdata%\Microsoft/Teams path into the file explorer.
- You can now delete the contents of the folder.
- Then restart Microsoft teams and check whether the chats show.
- To Mac users, you can clear the application cache using the following steps:
- Sign out first of all from your Microsoft Teams application.
- In the Finder in the Mac device, choose to Go to Folder.
Input the path into the folders below and erase the folders that contain the day’s contents.
- ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams/Application Cache/Cache
- ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams/blob storage
- ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams/Cache
- ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams/databases
- ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams/GPUCache
- ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams/IndexedDB
- ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams/Local Storage
- ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams/
Now try restarting Microsoft Teams.
Don’t miss out on How To Solve 6 Most Common Skype Problems? Quick Hacks To Try!
8. Microsoft Teams Problem #8: Microsoft Teams Channel Has Disappeared?
Taking the list of common Microsoft Teams problems is the problem of disappearing channels. It often occurs due to access issues.
To fix this issue you must follow these steps:
- Start the channel on the device you use to access Microsoft Teams.
- The menu will now be open and choose the edit channel.
- Under the channel’s name, you can place the word “period” before the channel name and then click on the icon to save it.
9. Microsoft Teams Problem #9: Microsoft Teams Keep Freezing
The most common issue in the two teams was that the webcam stopped working or freezes, and chats were not loading. The issue is now a different one that is being reported by users, and that is that the application has stopped working.
The best possible solution to this problem is to restart your app. For windows users, try these steps:
- If you are using Windows 10 you can force teams to shut down by using the shortcut Ctrl+Alt+Delete or from your keyboard.
- The user will be directed to the screen. From here choose Task Manager out of the selection.
- Microsoft Teams will be displayed in the Apps section.
- Select this option and then select the option to end the task.
- This command will end this application. Microsoft Teams app.
- When you launch the application it will start loading in the normal way.
This brings us to the end of common Microsoft Teams Problems and how to solve them! Although there’s never an end to these uncertain problems with apps and gadgets, for now, these were the top 9 problems faced by users!
Have you ever faced any of these problems or any other problem using Microsoft Teams, do share your experience in the comments section below!
Until then, Happy Fixing!!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is Microsoft Teams Better Than Zoom?
Zoom is often preferred for working externally – whether that’s with guest vendors. or customers and clients. Whereas Microsoft Teams is excellent for internal collaboration.
Is There Any Better Tool Than Microsoft Teams?
Yes, when it comes to performance, Slack has more integrations, a better bot, and slightly better usability. Whereas, Microsoft Teams is a little bit cheaper, offers marginally better free plans, and integrates natively with Office 365 tools.
Featured Image Credits: techguru.com