Does PS4 Play DVDs? PS4 is perhaps one of the most famous video game consoles made by Sony Computer Entertainment. Undoubtedly, PS4 gives you the best experience. You can even play the PS4 with a UHD Blu-ray game disc. Even if the resolution is 4K you can still be able to play PS4.
It is actually quite easy to play a standard DVD disc. But, there are many users who are facing the issue that PS4 can’t play the DVDs? Are you too facing this issue? Well, you need not worry since we’ve got you covered.
So to answer your question Does PS4 Play DVDs? The answer is a yes. Also, the PS4 has the capacity to play Blu-ray DVDs as well as 3D videos. In fact, to be more precise all versions of the PS4 can work as DVD.
Here we have listed some of the ways by which you can play DVD on PS4. The steps that we have listed are really easy. All you have to do is follow the steps as is and then you are done. Now let’s not waste any more time and quickly get started with does PS4 play DVDs.
Does PS4 Play DVDs?
You can play the DVDs and the blu ray discs on PS4 but there are some users who complain that their PS4 won’t play DVDs.
Well, if you too face this issue then listed below might be some of the issues due to which you are facing that issue.
- If you do not have a stable internet connection then this could be the reason why you cannot play PS4 on DVDs.
- If you have outdated software, it could be the reason that you are facing this issue. So it is important that you update your PS to 1.50.
- You should know that the PS4 is made for a particular DVD region. So to avoid this issue coming up you have to check the region code of your DVD and ensure that the regions match.
- Do you know PS4 is only able to play a part of the DVDs? If you have scratched or the unfriendly DVDs then these will not be readable.
So now you know that you can play the PS4 on DVDs as well. But if you are unable to play them then the above-listed reason could be the issues that you are facing.
Also, check out How To Turn Off PS4 Controller On PC: 6 Different Ways
How To Play DVDs On PS4 (The Regular Way)?
PS4 has the ability to play the DVD and Blu-ray discs. You can even start the DVD playback just by inserting the DVD disc in. Here are a few steps to follow:
- First, insert the DVD disc that you want to play with your PS4 console.
- Now the movie or the video that you want to see will automatically play. You can even go to the Video section which is in the XMB menu. Then on the movie title, you have to press the X Button so that it plays the DVD disc.
- Now you will be able to put the DVD in the PS4 console and control the playback with the PS4 controller long with the on-screen UI.
Also, check out How To Connect PS4 To Laptop With HDMI? Ways To Connect PS4 To Laptop!!
Can You Play Any DVD Videos On PS4?
If your PS4 won’t play DVDs will that mean you will not be able to watch DVD movies on PS4?
Do you think you can play the DVDs on PS4 even if you don’t have internet?
Well, the answer is yes. However AnyMP4 Video Converter Ultimate will be able to meet your requirements.
Also, check out How To Fix WS-37337-3 Error In PS4? 5 Simple Hacks
How To Play Any DVD Videos On PS4?
Here are a few steps that will help you to play any DVD videos on PS4 easily.
- Convert the DVD to any format of the video and audio. This could include MP4, MKV, etc.
- Then you have to transcode the DVD movies is that they can be played on portable devices like Xbox, PS4/PS3, and many more.
- You can edit the videos with the help of built-in video editing tools. These will include editings like rotate, effect, crop, and clip.
- you can even enhance and at the same time upscale the DVD videos to get better experiences of PS4.
- It will also provide you with many bonus tools as well as custom options so that you can process the videos that you want to.
Also, check out How To Connect PS4 To Hotel WiFi? 3 Ways To Have Fun!
How To Play DVD With PS4 Directly?
Now you know that PS3 and PS4 can be a part of the DVD so make sure that your DVD will be supported by your device and then you can easily enjoy the movies on your PS4.
1. Update The PS4 Software
First, you need to connect your PS4 to your network. To do so you need to open the function screen. Then you will have to go to the settings option.
2. Insert The DVD Into Your PS4
If you are trying to play the DVD on your PS4 for the first time then to do it you will need an internet connection. It is only through the internet that your PS4 will be able to enable the disc playback feature. But if it is a copyright-protected DVD it may need the encrypted key.
3. Watch DVD On PS4 Directly
When you get the popup interface there you have to choose the disc icon and then tap on the play button. You need to tap on your play button with the help of your controller. Now you will see that your DVD will start to play.
Also, check out How To Enable 2FA On PS4 For A Secured Gaming Experience?
4. Control Your DVD Playback
Besides playing DVD, PS4 also allows you to control your playback fully. For instance, the X button will be there to use for playing or pausing the video.
So here we have discussed does PS4 play DVDs. Now you know that PS4 can play DVDs as well. You can even try them yourself using the above-mentioned methods. The steps are really easy to follow and you will not face any issues.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Does PS4 Play DVDs From Any Region?
The answer is no. you will not be able to play a DVD from any other region on the PS4 that you have bought from another region. This is because PS4 will block the region both for the DVD/Blu-Ray and the games.
Q. How To Play DVD On PS4 Without The Controller?
If you have a TV that supports Bravia sync or the HDMI CEC then you can just use your TV remote to easily control the DVD playback on your PS4.
You can even download and install any remote control app on your iPhone or Android device so that you play DVD on PS4.