Technology has made our lives so much easier, but don’t you feel we are getting trapped by the same technology when it comes to privacy? We use so many apps that we use daily like the weather apps, online payment apps, etc. that track our location to present our data with more accuracy. But this location tracking has negative sides too. Don’t worry we got you ways to hide location on iPhone.
According to a recent report from New York Times, it’s revealed that your whereabouts are being updated up to 14,000 times in a single day. That means our lives are being recorded in a way. This doesn’t sound good. Some companies are even selling your location and personal data to advertisers for their earnings. Nobody wants to get tracked. No need to panic. You can easily hide your location on your iPhone using some quick tricks mentioned here.
In the post, you’ll come across four quick fixes to hide location on iPhone. These tricks are:
- Using Fake Location To Hide Location On iPhone.
- By Turning on airplane mode.
- By using another iPhone as your location.
- Simply turn off “Share my location”.
Now that we know the solutions to our problem, what’s the wait for? Let’s jump straight into the steps to get these features working.
How To Hide Location On iPhone?
It’s very easy to hide location on an iPhone or any other device. Just a few clicks and you are good to go. Here are 4 proven methods to save yourself from getting tracked.
1. Using Fake Location To Hide Location On iPhone
Do you know you can fool the iPhone location tracker? Okay! I am not promoting this method, it’s just for fun. You can do this using a tool called Tenorshare iAnyGo. Using this tool you can change the iPhone’s location and can customize your route. Let’s find out how it works.
- Install the Tenorshare iAnyGo software on your computer. Go to “Change Location”.
- Connect your iPhone with the computer. Click “Enter” to begin.
- Enter the location you want to add and press “start to modify” in the search box”.
2. Turn On Airplane Mode
Busy schedule? Simply turn on your airplane mode and set yourself free from any kind of distraction. It’s an in-built feature in every device. Here is how you can hide location on an iPhone using airplane mode.
- From the lock screen or home screen, swipe up the screen from the bottom to bring up the control panel.
- In the top row, you’ll find the Airplane icon. Click on it to enable the mode. As soon as the icon turns its color into dark blue, the airplane mode gets enabled.
To Turn On Airplane Mode From Settings:
- Go to the settings option on your iPhone.
- In the settings menu, you’ll find the airplane mode is switched off. Turn it on by swiping the icon to the right.
- This enables your airplane mode.
3. Using Another iPhone or iPad as Your Location
To hide your original location you can add another location using another iOS device. To do this follow these steps:
- Open your profile on your iPhone. From there turn on “share my location” by swiping the icon to the right side.
- Now using the second iPhone go to the “Find My” application.
- You’ll find a list of available devices to share your location with. Select the device name you wish to share the location. It’s done.
4. Simply Turn Off “Share My Location”
There can be so many reasons why you don’t want to share your current location with people or with your application like privacy, etc. You can simply turn off “share my location” on your device by using the following steps:
- Go to settings. Search for the “privacy” option. Click on it.
- From privacy settings, go to “location services”.
- Now, click on “share my location”.
- Turn off the share my location by swiping the icon to the left.
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Sharing Location on iPhone:
Is there any way to stop sharing locations without them knowing?
To stop sharing your location with apps and services, follow these steps.
1.Go to settings.
2.Go to Privacy settings.
3.Search for location services. Once you find it, turn it off by swiping towards the right.
Can you fake your location on your iPhone?
No, practically it’s not possible to do so using your iPhone. But certain tools can be used to do so like iTools.
Summing up for now. Hope you found these methods useful. Now, you can easily turn off your iPhone location and enjoy private time with yourself. Be careful while using certain apps that ask permission to use your live location.
It’s always preferred not to trust any random third-party app. Especially when you are transferring money or some important information on your device. Do share this article with your friends and family to make them aware of their privacy online.
Featured Image Credits: Go Media Ltd.