Are you also irritated by your Minecraft crashing every time the game gets a little intense? If yes, then you are not the only one facing the problem. Well, if there is a problem then there is a solution too. And here we are with a solution on How To allocate More Ram To Minecraft Twitch.
You might be wondering how allocating More RAM To Minecraft Twitch can help? We know that the Minecraft games require RAM to run and allocating more RAM will give them more space and this will enhance the graphics quality of the Minecraft Mods. So, here is an article that will tell you how to Allocate More RAM to Different Minecraft launchers.
Yes, it is possible to allocate more RAM to the Minecraft launchers. To allocate more RAM to Minecraft Twitch. Go to Settings >>> Minecraft >>> Java Settings >>> Allocate Memory.
Different launchers have different methods to allocate more RAM to the Minecraft mods. We have mentioned all of them below in our article.
How To Allocate More RAM To Minecraft
Before starting with the procedure on How to allocate memory to the Minecraft launchers. We must be aware of how much RAM we have on our device and the version of the operating system we are using. So, let us start with it and after that, we will move to our guide.
Check Your Ram and Windows Operating System
Before you allocate more RAM to the Minecraft Twitch. You must be aware of how much RAM your system has. If you are planning to allocate more than 4 GB of RAM to Minecraft then your system must have a 64-bit operating system. Given below are the steps to check the RAM and the Windows Version on your Operating system.
Steps To Check RAM
Well, the easiest way to check the RAM of the system is through its Task manager. So, follow the steps given below to check the ram of your device.
- Right-click with your mouse on the Windows taskbar. A list of options will appear in front of you. Select “Task Manager”.
- Next, navigate to “More details” and click on it.
- After that, locate the “Performance” tab and open it.
- On the bar present on the left side of the screen, you will find the option “Memory”, click on it.
- Now, the Total amount of RAM on your system will be displayed to you.
Checking Windows Version
As we already told you above, if you are planning to allocate more than 4 GB of RAM to Minecraft Twitch then your minimum system requirement is a 64-Bit Operating system. Checking the windows version is simple and easy. Follow the steps given below for the procedure.
- You can go to the Windows taskbar search option or you can also press “Windows + R” and type “System Information” and hit the enter button.
- Select the option “System Information”, the icon of the option looks like a computer system with “i” inside a circle.
- On the new window that appears, look at the right side of the screen and locate “System type”.
- You will find the Windows version written against the option.
How To Allocate More RAM To Minecraft Twitch
Well, now that you are aware of How much RAM your system has and the Windows version. Now, you can allocate RAM to Minecraft Twitch accordingly. Now, to do so follow the steps given below.
- Login to the Twitch application on your device.
- As you are on the homepage of the Twitch launcher. Open the settings menu, you can do it by pressing “Ctrl+Comma”.
- Now, from the list that appears on the screen click on the option “Minecraft”.
- Now, navigate to the option “Java Settings”, you will find it at the bottom of the screen. Click on it.
- Not search for the option that says “Allocated Memory”. The default memory allocated is 3228 MB. Now, move the slider to the right side and increase the RAM as per your wish.
- After that go back to mods and launch the Minecraft game for a better experience.
Note: You have to allocate RAM individually to every mod for a better experience of gaming. The method provided above will remain the same.
How to Allocate More RAM to the Minecraft Launcher
You just came across the procedure to allocate the RAM to Minecraft Twitch. In this section, we will tell you the steps to be followed to allocate more RAM to the Minecraft Default Launcher.
Follow the steps given below to change the amount of RAM Minecraft uses.
- Open the Minecraft application and choose any one of the default launchers, either Java or Bedrock.
- After that go to the “Installations” tab and open it. This will display the list of releases in front of you.
- Now, click on the three dots on the right side of the screen and select the option “Edit”.
- A pop-up will appear in front of you on the screen. On the popup click on the option “More Options”.
- Then you will be redirected to the JVM Arguments section,
- Now, see the first snippet that says “Xmx2g”. Have a look at the code, the number in the code denotes the RAM allocated to the Minecraft Launcher. In this case, it is 2 GB.
- You can change the number in the Snippet and allocate as much RAM as you want to the Minecraft launcher.
- Save the changes that you made.
- Relaunch the game for a better experience.
How to Allocate More RAM to the ATLauncher
If you are using the ATLauncher for Minecraft then follow the steps given below to allocate more memory to Minecraft.
- Open your ATLauncher.
- Now, navigate to “Settings”, you will find it on the right side of the screen.
- On the top of the screen, you will find the “Minecraft/Java” tab, click on it.
- Now, search for “Maximum Memory/RAM” and here you can type the amount of RAM that you want to allocate to the ATLauncher.
- Save the settings once you are done.
Well, this was all in the guide on How to allocate more RAM To Minecraft twitch. We have also mentioned the ways to allocate RAM to various other launchers including the ATLauncher and the Default Minecraft Launcher. If you feel the guide on Allocating RAM to Minecraft is satisfactory then do share it with your friends.
Featured Image Source: How2pc