Are you looking for 3D modeling tools that you can use in Metaverse? Do you have zero experience in 3D modeling? If that is what you are thinking, then here is good news. Somnium Space Metaverse is best for you. We have discussed everything in this post on how to build in Somnium Space.
Somniunm Space is a Virtual reality application launched in 2017 on the Ethereum blockchain. The Somnium Space is Metaverse that allows you to create, trade, and experience NFT assets and digital worlds. If you have invested in Metaverse and own a piece of land, it is often difficult to build 3D structures. Somnium Space has an application for that.
In this post, we will discuss the Somnium Space, where it is used, and how to build in Somnium space. We will take a closer look at the Somnium Space Builder and how to build 3D models from this tool. So, without wasting time, let’s dive in from the basics.
What Is Somnium Space?
Before heading straight to how to build in Somnium Space, let’s know more about Somnium Space.
Like another virtual reality world in the Metaverse, Somnium Space is also a VR world Metaverse built on the Ethereum blockchain. Somnium Space is an open-source platform that allows users to buy digital land, buildings, homes, and myriad in-game assets having a different value in its online multiverse.
Somnium Space allows users to build, monetize, and script environments. Players can also explore the creations of other users as well. Players can visit restaurants and museums built by other players in the Somnium Space.
Somnuim Space hosts all players in one vast world. The environment of Somnium Space is fully programmable and customizable. Somnium has four elements:
- Virtual reality experiences
- NFT marketplace
- NFT based asset
Also Read, How To Buy Axie Infinity NFT | In Just 4 Easy Steps
What Is Somnium CUBE In Somnium Space?
Somnium Cube is the currency of Somnium Space. Somnium Cube is an ERC-20 token used as a native utility token. Somnium Cube is a cryptocurrency that streamlines in-game transactions between players. You can hold CUBE in your Ethereum wallet.
What Can You Purchase In Somnium Space?
Here are some assets that can be purchased in Somnium Space.
If you want to build anything in Somnium Space, you need to own a land parcel. You can place any NFT on your land parcel and then explore virtual reality.
You can mint your avatar or purchase it from NFTs Marketplace using CUBE. You can also purchase avatars from other players.
This is a different feature of Somnium Space. Karma Level how VR players perceive each other. The Karma Level is calculated on the following basis.
- Ratings: This is based on how players perceive each other based on their interactions on the platform.
- Engagement: It is players’ economic activities, time spent, and land owned along with the world discovery rate.
- Other Factors:
- Building activity
- Event organization
Based on the Karma level, players earn CUBE rewards.
Also Read, Upland VS Decentraland: Which One Is Best To Invest?
How To Build In Somnium Space?
Before knowing how to build in Somnium Space, you need to know that you can build in Somnium Space only when you own a land parcel. Then you can use Somnium Space Builder to start building. Somnium Space builder is a tool used for creating structures and uploading them on your land parcels. This tool is simple and easy to use. No programming is required to start building in this tool. We will go through each step one by one.
Step 1: Somnium Space Launcher
You have to download Somnium Space Builder from the Somnium Space website.
- Click to download Client.
- After installation is complete.
- Launch the Somniun Space Builder.
- Create a new account.
- Go to VR mode, 2D, or start PC client.
- Go to test parcel where you can freely build.
Step 2: Main Controls
The Somnium Builder UI has different features that allow users to:
- Manipulate dimensions and placements of objects on your land parcel.
- Pick and place or move objects on your land parcel.
- Apply texture and color your objects on your land parcel.
- Manipulate the properties of objects like the opacity of glass and much more.
Step 3: Pick And Place Objects
If you want to bring new objects on your land parcel, you can go to Inventory Category at the bottom and access all objects there.
- Select the category to see objects below it.
- Click on the object you want on your land parcel.
- Now move your mouse around to move the object and place it where you want it.
- To remove this object, press delete key.
Also Read, Lazy Minting Of NFTs | How Is Lazy Minting Of An NFT Done?
Step 4: Manipulate Dimensions And Placement
Using red, blue, and green handlers can change your object’s dimensions and placement. Depending on the mode selected, you can do the following things.
- Scale tool: Scale your object.
- Move tool: Move your object.
- Rotate tool: Rotate your object.
- Duplicate tool: You can duplicate the object.
Step 5: Camera Zoom, Orbit, Pan Object
Once you have placed objects on your land parcel, now you want to see what it looks like from different angles. These are the tools needed.
- Zoom tool: Zoom in or out of your scene using a mouse wheel.
- Orbit tool: To rotate the camera and view from different angles. Using the right mouse button.
- Pan and Dolly: To move camera right to left or backward or forward using arrow keys.
Step 6: Apply Texture And Color
To apply color to your objects or texture, you can follow the steps below.
- Go to object paint color and Object texture controls.
- Select the object you want to color or apply texture.
- Select the color or texture from the list.
- Click apply texture.
- Click on apply color button.
Step 7: Saving Your Builds
Congratulations! You have successfully made your 3D model on your land parcel. Now it’s time to save your build.
- Click on the save icon on the lower corner of the UI.
- Upload it on your land parcel.
- If you accidentally delete your file, you can go to the trash can restore from there.
Also Read, Everything About Shibaverse | A Guide To Earn Create And Play
Are There Any Building Limitations?
There are a few limitations while building on your land parcel. Somnium Space sets these limitations to ensure optimum performance. A small block, “Credit Counter,” is in the lower right corner. Depending on the complexity of the object, the credit is decided, and you cannot go beyond your credit counter.
We have discussed in-depth how to build in Somnium Space and the Somnium Space builder. We have also gone through the different steps of building in Somnium Space. This article will have given you a good grasp of building 3D models on your land parcel. You can start experimenting with different objects to build a new awesome structure on the Somnium Space. This is no doubt a creativity booster tool as well. The more creative you are, the better you can build.
If you got stuck anywhere, don’t hesitate to leave a comment below. Happy building!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What Can You Do In Somnium Space?
You can buy land, building, and in-game assets. You can also build on your land parcel. You can also explore the creation of other players.
Q2. How Many Parcels Can You Have In Somnium Space?
The Somnium Space map has 5,026 land parcels that can be purchased. These land parcels are of three different sizes.