Is your Reddit inbox full? Do you want to delete your messages on Reddit? Do you want to delete your sent messages on Reddit? Well, there might be many reasons why you want to delete your messages. From the different forums, feedback users are facing difficulty deleting their Reddit messages. Are you too facing this issue? If so, then here’s a post on how to delete messages on Reddit.
You cannot deny the fact that there are so many endless things that you can do on Reddit. You can easily browse your favorite subreddits to look for fun information and the current updates about anything that you like. In the threads, you will be able to comment, keep in touch with your fellow users in the community who share the same interests, and give feedback as well.
But don’t worry, we are here for your rescue and we will let you know how to delete messages on Reddit. Just by following a few easy steps, you can delete the messages. Reddit account > Reddit message inbox > find the message > delete > confirm delete.
So, we have mentioned the steps below in detail. You can refer them and easily delete your messages on Reddit. Now, let’s not waste any more time and quickly get started.
Can You Delete Reddit Messages?
Before we jump-start to know how to delete messages on Reddit, let us know whether you can delete the Reddit messages or not. There are many times and situations when you do want to delete messages that you have sent on Reddit. Could be that you have sent that message to the wrong person or could be that you don’t want the message anymore. Whatever the reasons are, deleting the messages on Reddit is at all a difficult task. There are many ways by which you can delete Reddit messages.
First, you can go to the messages that you want to delete and then tap on the three dots present in the upper right-hand side corner of the screen.
Next, you can just open your inbox and look for the message that you want to delete. Tap on the three lines in the upper left-hand side of the message and choose the delete option.
The third way includes deleting messages one by one. To do this go to your settings and choose to delete all messages from this user on the page. Now, you will be able to delete all messages from that user in that conversation.
Related: Reddit Down Detector | How To Use It
Reasons To Delete Reddit Messages?
Well, there might be many reasons to delete the Reddit messages, and deleting them can actually be really helpful in numerous ways. It can help you in protecting your privacy by removing the messages that have personal information. It even helps your account to be organized and tidy by deleting the messages that you don’t need anymore. Moreover, it also helps in clearing the space on your device or your computer.
How To Delete Messages On Reddit On A Desktop Browser?
Just like many other users if you too are sending Reddit messages through the desktop web browser, then you can easily delete the messages that are on your desktop browser as well. Here are a few steps that you need to follow:
- First, open the Reddit website. Now, log in to Reddit using your credentials.
- Tap on the notifications option and then hit on the messages option.
- Look for the message that you want to delete.
- Now, you have to how to delete messages on Reddit tap on the delete button which you will see at the bottom of the message.
- Confirm your decision when asked for confirmation and your message will get deleted permanently.
Related: How To See Deleted Reddit Posts | Use The 3 Easy Ways
How To Delete Messages On Reddit On An Android Or iOS Device?
If you want to know how to delete messages on Reddit on an Android or iOS device, then here are a few easy steps that you need to follow:
- Open the Reddit app on your Android or iOS device.
- Now, log in to your Reddit account with your credentials.
- Next, you have to go to the notification icon which is right below on the right-hand side corner of the screen. Here you will get to see two slides of messages and notifications. Just swipe to the messages slide.
- Look for the text that you want to delete and then delete it.
- Press and hold the text for a long time till you get to see two options, namely delete and copy.
- To go to the next stage, click on the delete option. And you have successfully deleted your Reddit messages.
Related: Spoiler Tag On Reddit | Its Features And Its Use
How To Delete Sent Messages On Reddit?
When you send a message to someone on Reddit the message will reach their inbox and will have the freedom to be either removed or read. But you will not be able to delete the message that you have sent to them to their inbox. You will only be able to delete the messages that you get in your inbox. When you send a private message to other users it will directly go to their inbox.
How To Delete The Entire Reddit Messages?
Well, sadly there is no option by which you can delete the whole conversation all at once. You will not be able to delete multiple messages at the same time either. You will only be able to delete the messages one by one. By using the delete option you can delete those messages that you don’t want to be in your inbox.
Related: Reddit App Discover Tab Update! Enjoy Instagram-Like Feed On Reddit!
So, this is how to delete messages on Reddit. You can delete messages on the web browser, Android, and iOS devices. The steps are really easy to follow and, in a snap, you can delete those messages. If you have any questions, you can reach us in the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can The Receiver See The Deleted Message?
When you click on the delete button the message will immediately disappear forever. Both the receiver and the sender will not be able to see the message once it is deleted. Reddit will remove the message for everyone.
Q. How To Clear Reddit History?
To clear your Reddit history, here are a few steps that you need to follow:
- Click on the profile picture. This will be visible in the upper left-hand side corner of the screen.
- Click on the settings option.
- Now under the advanced menu, you have to click on clear local history.
- Lastly hit the clear local history option and you are done.