So, finally, you have decided to delete your Gmail account? The reason can be anything ranging from getting too many emails, to finding a better alternative to your regular Gmail account. If you do not need your Gmail address anymore you can delete that account out of the Google account. No matter if you are confused as to how to do so! We got you covered with the best and easy steps on how to delete your Gmail account permanently!
Before you finally proceed towards the steps to delete your Gmail account, it’s better to think again. As Google clearly warns its users that once the Gmail account is deleted, there’s no way of going back to sending and receiving emails from that account. So, are you ready to give it all over?
If yes, then below are the steps on how to delete your Gmail account from your Google account. However, if you change your mind in the near future, you can restore your Gmail account.
On a wise note: When you decide to delete your Gmail account, you should consider taking all your stored data offline so that you can access it in the future.
How To Delete Your Gmail Account?
If you wish to erase the Gmail account, here’s the procedure. Deleting the Gmail account will not erase your Google account though.
- Log into Your Google Account.
- You’ll find “Data & privacy” at the left of the screen. Click on it.
- Scroll down a little until you find “Data from apps and services.” Click on it.
- Now under the “Download or delete your data,” option, you’ll find Delete Google service. Click on it.
- Enter your password.
- Then, next to “Gmail,” click the trash can button.
- Enter the email address that you wish to sign-in to Google services and then click “Send verification email.”
- Open the email sent by Google and then click on the link provided in your mail to remove your account.
- If you are prompted, choose: “Yes, I want to delete my Gmail account.“
- Select “Delete Gmail” .
- Click “Done.”
Is there a life without Google? But what if you find a better browser than google? For the time being, you can take a break from your Google account. How To Delete Google Account? Easy Hacks To Delete Your Account!
How To Delete Yahoo Email Account?
Given that more than 1 billion Yahoo accounts have been compromised over the years, it’s fair to declare that Yahoo is among the least reliable providers of email services around the globe. Naturally, there are a lot of Yahoo Mail users who prefer to completely delete their accounts rather than be able to trust Yahoo to protect them adequately.
If you are one of those, here’s the procedure you must follow to get rid of your Yahoo mail account.
- Open the following URL in your web browser: https://edit.yahoo.com/config/delete_user
- Log in using the username you created and your password.
- Once you are on your confirmation screen, you can click “Continue to delete my account.“
Note: The following data will be removed if you delete your Yahoo Email Account:
Yahoo ID, Mail data, Address Book data, Small Business data, GeoCities data, Briefcase data, My Yahoo! Data, HotJobs, and even your Flickr data. Be aware that this process could take up to 90 days to complete.
How To Delete Outlook Account?
The term Outlook could mean both the well-known desktop email client and an email account that is free provided by Microsoft (better known by the name of Outlook.com).
Let’s begin with the steps on how to delete an Outlook Email account:
- Open Outlook and select File present at the upper left corner of the screen.
- Click on the Account Settings option, and then select Settings once more.
- Choose the account you wish to delete and click Remove.
- Make sure you confirm your decision by clicking “Yes“.
To delete an Outlook.com account:
- Open the following URL in your web browser: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?linkid=845493
- Review the information and click on Next.
- Click all checkboxes to affirm that you’ve read every one of the most frequent consequences of closing your account.
- Pick a reason you’d like to erase the data.
- Hit the Mark account to close button.
Microsoft offers its customers 60 days to make a decision. After 60 days the account you have created will be shut down and cannot be recovered.
Wish to clear your browsing history? Check out How To Delete Browsing History In Google Chrome!
How To Delete An AOL Email Account?
AOL allows users to shut down their email at any point. It also allows them to download their email files for backup reasons. However, it could take up to 30 to 60 weeks for the request process to be completed and for the download to be available.
To delete an AOL email account:
- Open the following URL in your web browser: https://aol.mydashboard.oath.com/delete-my-account
- Check out the details on how to end your account.
- Click “Continue to delete my account.”
In the majority of instances, it takes AOL about 30 days to delete accounts. There are a few exceptions: Australia, India, New Zealand, Brazil, Hong Kong, and Taiwan, where it could last up to 180 calendar days.
How To Delete A Zoho Mail Account?
If your account is for an individual and not an entity you can close any Zoho Mail account directly from the settings of your account. In contrast, Zoho Mail users whose email addresses are associated with the Zoho People HR management service have to ask their organization to shut down their accounts on their behalf of them.
To delete a Zoho Mail account:
- Log into your Zoho Mail mailbox and then select on the My Profile icon in the upper-right corner.
- Select My Account.
- Then click Preferences.
- Click Close Account.
- To confirm your decision to confirm your choice, type in your Zoho Mail password and click Close Account once more.
- Click “OK” to verify.
How To Delete An iCloud Mail Account?
Since your iCloud Mail mailbox is tied to your Apple ID, the only method to get rid of it is to remove all of your Apple ID, which will stop you from accessing all Apple services.
If you’re still in the process of the deletion of the iCloud Mail account, we strongly recommend that you remove all associated devices (such as your iPhone or Mac to ensure that you are able to later on easily link them to an alternative email address).
To take off a device to the Apple ID:
- Log into Your iCloud mailbox.
- Click on the Devices section.
- Select the device that you want to take off.
- Click on the Remove from Account option.
- Click Continue for all devices.
To remove the Apple ID (and your iCloud Mail account that is associated with it):
- Log into Your iCloud mailbox.
- Scroll to the bottom and click on the blue link to access Your Apple ID account page.
- Under the Data & Privacy section , click on Manage your privacy .
- Click Request to Remove Your Account on the right.
- Confirm your decision to delete your Apple ID.
How To Delete A ProtonMail Account?
As a security and privacy-focused service supplier, ProtonMail employs a highly secure method of deletion of accounts that stops the deleted account from being found. Additionally, it does not reuse usernames, which means there’s no need for worry over someone using an email address from the past and then using it to defraud other users.
Here’s what you must do to remove an email address:
- Log into your ProtonMail mailbox, then click on Settings.
- Click on the Account tab.
- Click the delete button present at the bottom to delete your account.
- Make sure you confirm your decision to delete this email address.
You can clearly see that understanding how to remove an email account is simple when you’re a ProtonMail user. Make sure you take your time and think about the decision because there’s no way back. It is also possible to delete the email address on Android with the web browser Chrome, however, deleting it on a desktop is much more practical.
How To Delete A Mail.com Account?
No matter why you would like to erase your Mail.com mailbox may be due to security concerns or simply because you don’t require it. You can remove it and any associated messages–in only a few steps.
To delete a Mail.com account follow these steps:
- Log in using your Mail.com email address and password.
- Click Home and then go to My Account.
- Select Delete Account to the left.
- Make sure you confirm your decision to delete your Mail.com address and save the changes.
The positive side is that Mail.com stops the deletion of all emails for a year, to stop criminals and scammers from profiting.
Finally, we reach the end of this how-to delete your Gmail account guide! Not only that, we learned about many other tips and tricks to delete related email accounts like Yahoo, iCloud, Mail.com, and others.
Emails play a very important role in our day-to-day life, be it applying for a new job, reaching out to a company, sharing documents, and many other ways. So, before you make the decision to wipe out your Gmail account, make sure you know what you’re doing.
If you found the suggestions helpful, do share the post with your friends and on social media platforms. Also, drop down your queries and suggestions in the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. What Happens To Emails In The Deleted Gmail Account?
They will then be permanently deleted. You will not be able to view the deleted emails via Gmail. If you’ve downloaded the file, either with Google Takeout or using an email program, you may still make use of these messages.
If you utilize IMAP to connect to Gmail in your email application, then the messages that you copy into local folders are going to remain there. While emails on the server as well as folders that are synchronized with those deleted from the Gmail account are erased.
Q. What Happens To Emails Sent To My Deleted Gmail Address?
The people who use the previous Gmail address will be sent an error message about delivery. You may want to make a public announcement of the new address or alternative address to the people you are most concerned about.