Do you think there is a life without Google? It could appear that Google is all-encompassing for anyone, but it’s possible to manage your day without it. If you’re ready for a break-off with the Google account, and all the services it offers, you can delete it permanently. Learn How To Delete Google Account in a few easy steps in this post!
Of course, there are some points to be aware of before making that decision. After all, the account will be closed not just to Google services, but also it will restrict the information stored within your account. This includes email, contacts calendars, photos, and calendars. You should consider storing and then clearing all your browsing history from google chrome before you delete your account.
So, how to delete Google account without hampering the stored data in it? The best way to implement this is by keeping a backup for all your saved data so that even if you delete your Google account, you can still access the files and folders created with that account. It is also necessary to change your email address every time you use it, whether as an account recovery email for your bank account, or for subscriptions.
Before you begin with the steps to delete your Google account, let’s have a look at how to save your Google Data before deleting the account. Also, what changes will occur along the process, let’s have a look at that too!
How To Save Your Google Account Data?
Since the removal of your Google account implies that all your personal data – such as photos, email as well as Google Docs are deleted too, you must start by downloading a backup of your data, so that you can keep it safe if you need to.
1. Log into your Google dashboard for your Google account.
2. Click “Download your data.”
3. If you do not want to receive data from a specific Google website or service, uncheck the checkmark on the item. If not, scroll to the end and select “Next Steps.”
4. Select how you would like to receive the information – for instance, via email or sent to the Dropbox location.
5. Then select “Create Archive.” Make sure that you select to receive your data via email, do not delete your account until you’ve secured your data, or else, it’ll be deleted together with your account.
If you have recently shifted from Android to an iOS device and want to transfer photos from Google Photos to iCloud, then follow these steps: 1. Select all images then click on, Continue Reading…
How To Delete Google Account?
It’s important to note that the process of deleting your Google account isn’t the same as deleting your Gmail account. Here are the steps to delete Google account:
- Bonus Tip: Make sure you download your data via your Google account prior to deleting your account permanently.
- Start a web browser and then sign in to the Google account.
- Log in to your account.
- Choose the Data & Privacy section.
- Scroll to More Options.
- Choose “Delete your Google Account.”
- Enter your password, and then select “Next.”
- There you will see a “Delete Your Google Account page.” Go through the page carefully. The deletion of your account is permanent.
- If you’d like to download your data prior to you deleting your account Click “download your data.”
- Scroll down to the bottom and mark two options: one that acknowledges that you’re still accountable for any outstanding charges, and the other one confirming that you wish to erase the account as well as all its information. Click on the “Delete Your Google Account” button.
- You will be able to see a page that will confirm that your account was deleted.
- If you’re not sure, go to the “Account Support” link.
We all love the ease and effectiveness of online payment apps. But what if you lose your phone and somebody else gets access to your online payment modes? No worries, you can deactivate your account easily! To deactivate or block your Google Pay/ Paytm, PhonePe account, dial continue reading…
How To Delete A Google Play Account?
The information in your Google Play Account can be tied with the Google account. If you wish to remove all of the data associated with your Google Play account you’ll need to wipe the entirety of your Google account.
We’ll assume that you’d like to maintain your Google account, and use it on your computer as well as other gadgets. So, the only way to remove any Google Play account would be to remove the Google accounts from the device you use.
When you delete your Google Account, you’ll not be able to access any of the applications linked with it (e.g.your Gmail account linked with your Google account). Also, if you’re certain that you wish to delete Google from your account, here’s how you can accomplish it.
- If you’re using an Android device, open Settings.
- Scroll down, and hit “Accounts.”
- Click onto the Google account you wish to deactivate.
- Click “Remove account.”
- Click “Remove account” again.
Your Gmail account carries more information than your head nowadays. Everything you do on your phone is synchronized with Gmail. If you want to change your default Gmail account then follow these steps: Go to browser, open your, Continue Reading…
These were the easy tricks on how to delete your Google account. However, you need to be aware that when you remove the Google account you erase all the information associated with it. Make sure you backup your messages, contacts, or any other important data.
If you found the information helpful, do share it with your friends and family. Also, if you have any other queries related to Google account or Gmail, do reach out in the comments section below!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. What Can I Do To Change The Details Of My Google Account?
- Start a Google application in your preferred browser.
- You can click on the avatar (photo of yourself as well as your first initials) on the upper right-hand corner of your screen.
- You’ll see an option to show all of the Google accounts you’ve used to log in on this web browser. Choose the one you wish to change to.
Q. Can You Permanently Erase Your Email Address?
Find the Gmail service, and then click the trash bin next to the account. Make sure you confirm and follow the steps for deleting the account. You can choose to deactivate the account in case you would like to restore it later on. Select the permanent deletion option to delete the account, rather than suspend it.
Featured Image Credits: nyongesasande.com