Last Updated on 4 months by Shubham Attri
Snapchat is undoubtedly one of the best social media sites of all time. The platform was introduced to the world in 2011 and has been the first choice of photo bombers since then. If you are a Snapchat user then you must be aware of the Memories section on the platform. So, here we are with a guide that will tell you how to recover Deleted Snapchat Memories on your iPhone.
We know recovering a deleted snap from the phone is difficult but it isn’t possible. There are various tricks and trips that can be followed to recover the deleted Snapchat memories on your iPhone. You can find them in the trash bin, phone cache or you can even use the third-party application for the same.
There might be various reasons that could delete your Snapchat memories. The most prominent among them is, reinstalling the application or shifting your Snapchat account to another device. Well, let us have a detailed overview of the topic.
Overview of Snapchat
Snapchat is an American photo-sharing social media application that was launched in September 2011. The application has got a different way to connect you with your friends. You can send snaps and text chats on the platform, which will be available for only a few seconds to the other user. However, you are also provided with the feature to increase this time span.
Another interesting feature of this application is the Snapchat streak. It is a number that is displayed against the name of your friend. This number is calculated by the frequency of your snap share. If the snap is not sent within 24 hours the streak is broken.
The snaps that you save on Snapchat are saved in your Snapchat memories.
What Is Snapchat Memories?
Snapchat Memories is a prominent Snapchat feature that allows you to save the photos that you have clicked. When you click a photo on the platform, you will be provided with the option to save it. This option is present on the bottom left corner of the screen.
The snap that you have stored will be saved in your Snapchat memories. You can view, edit, share the snap from there.
Can You Recover Deleted Snapchat Memories?
Yes, you can recover Snapchat memories on your iPhone. If you have saved the snap after clicking it, it will be saved in the memories section on the platform. To access the memory section all you have to do is go to the home page of the Snapchat application. After that swipe up and the memories section will be displayed in front of you.
However, if you are looking to recover the deleted Snapchat memories then you need to perform a few steps or you can directly access the tools (mentioned below) for help.
How to Recover Deleted Memories on Snapchat?
So, lets us start with the methods that will help you to recover the deleted Snapchat memories on your iPhone.
1. Recover Snapchat Deleted Memories From My Data Archieves
The first method to recover deleted memories on Snapchat is using the “My Data Archieves”. Follow the steps given below to access this method.
- Go to the settings icon on your Snapchat platform.
- In the “Privacy” section, navigate to the “My Data” option and click on it.
- You might be asked to log in again with your Snapchat Credentials
- On the next page click on the “Memories” option.
- At the bottom of the page, you will find the option that says “Submit Request”, click on it.
- The Snapchat support team will now present you with an archive of your memories.
- Now, you will receive a mail and you can download your memories by clicking on it.
- But, the file will not start getting downloaded straight away. You will be redirected to the My Data Page.
- Next, select the “Mydata.zip” file to download the memories.
- The memories have been downloaded to your device.
2. Recover Deleted Snapchat Memories From The Device Cache
The snap may have got deleted from the platform, but there are chances that it is still present in the cache of the application. To access the application cache, you need to follow the following steps on the iPhone.
- Go to settings.
- Now, scroll down until you find the “Snapchat” option.
- Click on it.
- This will take you to the cache of the application.
Note: Make sure you haven’t turned on the Background app refresh feature for Snapchat. If it is turned on then the cache will be cleared automatically.
3. Check Your Phone Cache
If you are an Android user, accessing the cache of Snapchat memories is relatively simple. You just need to follow the steps given below to do so.
Open the Android folder on your device.
- Now, go to the Data folder.
- Scroll down and navigate to the com.snapchat.android.
- There you will find the cache folder of the Snapchat memories.
4. Look Into Phone Gallery
You can also look for the snaps in your phone gallery. There are chances that you might have saved the snaps in your camera roll. You can also look into the trash bin for the deleted snap and restore it from there.
5. Restore Snapchat Files via iTunes
If you have taken a backup of your iPhone on iTunes then, you can download retrieve the snap chat memories anytime you want. However, you need to keep in mind that retrieving the snap chat memories via iTunes will delete all the existing data on your iPhone.
If you are ready to take this risk then, follow the steps given below.
- Connect the iPhone to the system and launch iTunes.
- In the devices section, select the iPhone and go to the Summary page.
- Under the Backups section, you will the option “Restore iPhone”, click on it.
- On the new window, the popup selects the Backup file.
- Click on the “Restore” button.
- This is one of the best methods for Snapchat memory recovery.
6. Retrieve Snapchat Files by iCloud
Just like iTunes, many users use iCloud to back up their iPhone data. Well, if you wish to restore the entire data on iCloud then it is recommended that you first reset your iPhone.
- Open your iCloud account on the device.
- On your account, you can easily find the backed-up snaps.
- You can download the pictures of your choice to the iPhone’s local storage.
7. Turn on Sync with Google Drive
Another method via which you can recover the deleted Snapchat memories is by backing up the data on google drive. If you have backed up the data on google drive then it doesn’t matter if you delete the memories.
The memories will still be synchronized with your Google account and you can recover them at any time.
We hope that the guide on How to recover deleted Snapchat memories proves useful to you. If you still have any queries or doubts in your head or you are stuck with any of the steps given above. Do ask us in the comments section below. We will reply to you as soon as possible.